Tuesday, April 11, 2006

New Pub!



This just in from Johnny " Big Sexy" Sjogren, mostly for those of you in the Twin Cities area. It's a new Irish Pub, just opened, I'll be there tomorrow night playing with Bedlam from 9-1, if you're in town.

Bedlam will be playing every Wednesday from 9:30 till 1:00 at:

The Starting Gate Pub
2516 N. West 7thst. St Paul

The Pub is located at the intersection of Davern and west 7th st. which is where Hwy 5 becomes W. 7th st. right next to the BP Amoco station.

The Fabulous Lorraine will be our special guest this week and we will also have other guests sit in such as:
Paul Score, formerly from Folk Underground.
Members of “The Drunken Uglys” a new Irish band ready to tear up the local Irish music scene.
Patty Leo the waitress from Tim Malloys Tuesdays will be there.
Hippy’s tacos will be available and they also have a full menu including great pizza.
Kitchen closes at 11:00
Popcorn is available as well.
Imperial Pints of Guinness are $4.50
Jameson Irish whiskey shots are $4.50 and it’s a good pour.
They have 3 pool tables 2 electronic dart boards and other games for your amusement.
So come on down and enjoy the party every Wednesday at the Starting Gate Pub, the newest hottest Irish pub in the Twin Cities.
Slainte, up the Rebels
Johnny.

11 Comments:

At 10:31 AM , Blogger ivenotime said...

blue or not it sounds like great fun, wish it was closer! or, wish I didn't live so far from such fun places! K, CONGRATS! I hope your wedding was a lovely time, you looked beautiful in your gown. Pictures please~!

 
At 2:30 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

Let's see.....if I got in the car now.....it's only 1100-1200 miles, so around 16 hours including stops, traffic, speed limit changes......

Okay, so it IS doable, but I'm really not that impulsive. Not with two kids under 5 and a husband on call at work until 8 am Friday. But, it's the thought that counts. Right? ;)

Congratulations, _Mrs_ K!

 
At 5:27 PM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

They're planning to change their name to the Renaissance Blue Man Group, maybe?

I wish I could be there, as always. Just a month and a half until I get to see you play at Balticon, though, ysy.

It had dawned on my that my glasses are not very feminine. I'll either have to be a blind Gothic Lolita or see if my gold-frame pince-nez work with the outfit. Hopefully they will.

In other news... ... [blink] ....
I have no other news. What's up with you?

 
At 9:25 PM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

Trent? As in FU Trent? Wait, that didn't come out right now did it? Welcome to the LaMie blog.

I just finished reading my new script, War in Heaven. Ordering Angels around is really quite enjoyable. Ha ha ha
Sodom is another matter, however. I miss Fablo! She will be here on the 22nd. Ohhh webcam party baby!

 
At 9:26 PM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

Danth, make a black ribbon to hold up your glasses. Nerds RULE! I am Nerd girl, hear me type!

 
At 10:19 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

"I am nerd girl, hear me type" lol... I love it... go nerds go!! yeah for all nerdom!

It really does look like blue-man group,... maybe the artist was recently inspired? It does sound really fun.... wish I could magically zap myself there.

and Most Especially... Congrats Mrs. K!!! many happy felicitations!!

and as far as ordering Angels around... I can't imagine anyone better!!! It sounds simply heavenly... (in a devil's chocolate cake kind of way)

 
At 9:19 AM , Blogger K said...

You all look like Nac Mac Feegles! (Only probably more than six inches high.)

 
At 8:33 PM , Blogger vandaluna said...

Best wishes K.
Danth...thou dost worry way too much..nice pic with the childlings.
Fablo...party on gurlll!!! You rock!

 
At 4:24 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

I'm not worried, I'm exuberant!

Nerdcore!

 
At 6:47 AM , Blogger vandaluna said...

Just messing with ya, Danth.
I think it's great you are so "exuberant".

What is really exciting is working with Ravyn on PLANS!

 
At 10:20 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

Do any of those plans involve a computer (or, I suppose, a Playstation if you want to go all *legit*) that can be used to play DDR?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home