Thursday, March 30, 2006

Quitchie's Cookbook



Mannnnn! Fablo's got some skills! While she was here she showed me how to cook some amazing, and I mean amazing dishes. Let me put it this way, She cooks as well as she plays the violin. And that's a tall order. I'm making chinese food, indian food, persian food. You name it. Miles is eating like a KING thanks to Fablo.

I hear Miss Fabulous is going to play some of her new tunes at the cons. (Yes, she writes them in her head!) I asked if I could get the sheet music to this AMAZING violin solo she wrote, and she replied, "Ah Lasse, It's all right here in my head" No doubt about it, Lorraine has the gift of fairy music.

Since I live in this vast metropolis of silicon and souvenirs, it's nice to hear of her small town Irish Pub tales. Of friends playing together till dawn, old and young. Of neighbors knowing your first name. Of going 40 MPH in rush hour. Of the postal workers speaking english. I kid I kid.

And now, she's going to leave all that and move to Vegas. "Yes, it's Fabulous Lorraine in Feathers ladies and gentleman. Malena has even made her a bodysuit out of a dead peacock!" Naaaaaaaaaaaaa! She's Wayyyyyy to classy for that. Besides, if she yearns for fake trashy glitz, I can always take her to West Hollywood.

13 Comments:

At 6:10 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

If you don't stop posting beautiful pictures of yourselves my wife is going to begin questioning my devotion to LaM!

 
At 10:48 AM , Blogger mistress mousey said...

I love this photo of you, Miss Fabulous! Absolutely gorgeous.

And you can't just post about yummy food and offer no descriptions or recipes. That's cruel! (especially to someone who's supposed to be having lunch with a friend at an Indian place, only said friend is late in calling and I'm not sure whether we're still on)

 
At 1:29 PM , Blogger ivenotime said...

We need ingredients, methods, recipes! Some of us are as compromised in the kitchen as we are in the garden. Sadly, I have a black thumb. Can cook, but don't much with just my daughter and myself here. Please please inspire us!

 
At 2:25 PM , Blogger kali_licious said...

Ooh LoLoGlam!
At the risk of punning terribly, I still gotta say that that photo is, well..Fabulous!:)


Argh all this talk of food is making me hungry! Time to forage, I think.

 
At 2:33 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

This is one of, if not the best photos I've seen of you yet, Lorraine. It really needs to go in the next album notes. :)

I've got a couple of cookbooks for Indian food. Any hints on making the preparation not take quite so long?

The Persian intrigues me, though I'm willing to bet much of it is variations on Greek and Turkish foods, though not all. And I love Greek food. :) The little bit of Morroccan I've made, I've really liked.

 
At 4:00 PM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

Usual Malena Recipes go like this:


Dust lips with powder
Apply lipliner
Add one drop of gloss to lip color
apply
blot
SMOOCH!

Oh how my world is expanding. he hee
In addition to cooking soap, herbs and potions, I can cook FOOD! What a concept! Who's the Diva now?
......... Oh, the cooking Deva is still Lorraine. Hail Fablo!

 
At 5:09 PM , Blogger vandaluna said...

Hey Malena...I remember you cooking brownings for Miles last winter. :-)

Greatbulous imagerie, Loloraine!

 
At 6:50 PM , Blogger Malena said...

http://lorraineamalena.com/lamies.html

Finally, I have a info form that works. Sign up to be a LaMie! (All of you already are)But, hey it's something to do...
XO

 
At 8:08 PM , Blogger vandaluna said...

On the "congratulations" page, after signing up, the link for the image seems to be broken. Just a heads up.

 
At 8:18 PM , Blogger Malena said...

Yes, I'm a dork. I'll fix it when I can. Thanks babe

 
At 8:27 PM , Blogger vandaluna said...

danth: did I read you went to Duke? My childling was invited to Duke for a recognition ceremony in May...I know so little about the school and area. Contact me at vanda at knology dot net, please. :-)

 
At 12:43 AM , Blogger K said...

Seems to all be working now...

 
At 7:54 AM , Blogger Rubius said...

gorgeous picture Lorraine... can't wait to hear the violin music you have a-brewing.

peacock body suit? I imagine something like that would have a lovely train... oooh... it sounds pretty...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home