Sunday, March 19, 2006

First Night Celebration for LaM

Well, here it is 12:30 and I'm getting revved up. We are picking out our clothes for the photo shoot Tuesday. Lorraine is sitting on her bed as I show her outfits. She is saying things like, "Ahhh, for you right?" and I say,
"No babe. The conservative one's yours." and she replies with fear..."That's conservative?"

Hey, a little lip service never hurt anyone right? So, how about a little virtual fashion show for our Lamies? Yes?

Annnnnndd coming down the runway is the fabulous Lorrarrraine GAAAAARLAND! Ladies and gentleman. In her Hollywood geisha kimono and corseted capris. Are the capris or pants? Who really knows. She's so short...oh, just to me. I'm an amazon.
She is wearing the pants (outfit) tonight.

This is my little frock. I like the skirts and the heels. Lorraine likes to wear school girl skirts when she plays but I said, "Babe, you can't sit like a BOY on stage if you're wearing a skirt.!!!" So, she's going to try wearing pants. ....so she can sit and fiddle in privacy so to speak. She's trying to get used to the idea of me making her into a peacock tomorrow. Begaaauck! (via MAC cosmetics.) I wish I had fancy hair extensions too. You see, I'm trying to convince Lorraine of my haute couture plans before she rests up and gets her brain back enough to disagree. So far all she's said is, "Just pluck my eyebrows and you can turn me into anything you want" Hey, she could wake up as a mermaid, a small piece of sponge named Bob, or a rock chic gone wrong...who knows now that Kevin Aucion is dead. Did I spell that right?, anyway, he was a make-up GOD! I am all alone in the make-up world now. Hey, channeling is an option. I am a psychic by day.

Oh, the top photo is of my favorite things. The skull clown doll is a music box that plays, "Funeral March of the Marionettes"
Lorraine gave it to me. The photo of the two little girls is me and my sister. I'm the fat baby in the photo. The pearls are from Fablo too. The clock is my great grandmothers. So, now you get a little slice of Malena's House.

Lorraine is still laying down. sometimes she says things like, "ok" and "Wow" and "Yeah, that sounds good"
I will be in her shoes tomorrow as she shares her own version of the events of the evening...come morning. Oh LaMies, this trip is starting out with a bang. I'm off to get more clothes. (Lorraine now knows how a mannequin feels at Nordstroms)

9 Comments:

At 3:55 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

Those outfits are stellar! I can't wait to see you both in them.

The skull clown doll is really wild. It's giving me ideas for my next care package to you two... Mwahahaha!

 
At 5:07 AM , Blogger ivenotime said...

Agreed! Great clothes! Love seeing your favorite things-always fun to see what people treasure and collect. I have a small beater crock from my gram which sits on my desk, I can see her making whip cream every time I see it. Have fun!

 
At 6:18 AM , Blogger Mimi said...

It's Kevyn Aucoin, Miss M. (Yeah, I'd know, right??) MAC kicks ass, girl at a candy store with the colors. Their brushes rock too.

Have a great time going all geisha-Suzie Wong! Strut your stuff, Paris haute couture's got nothing on ya.

 
At 7:58 AM , Blogger vandaluna said...

Wow! What delicious clothes!!!
Do you just have all these great clothes hanging around in your closet? Ooooh!!

 
At 9:07 AM , Blogger Kitty Cat said...

yes, Mimi would know! kevyn did amazing work, while working for tori i had to call his people often, but i never met the man before his untimely death. his makeup line is wonderful as well, the brushes sharp & the colors vast. although, i am a mac girl by nature..
ok, ladies, rise & shine as i am heading north....!!!!

 
At 1:48 PM , Blogger Jodyth said...

Gorgeous images! And the clothes are nice too ;-) Have fun and tell the stories so I can live vicariously! Off on Wednesday to a librarians' convention in Boston. May become a part of the top secret video series "Librarians Gone Wild". We'll show a little leg and raise our voices in the library. Shocking!

 
At 2:38 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

Pretty clothes! You'll both look smashing!

 
At 10:39 PM , Blogger kali_licious said...

I love the matching ensembles!

"This is my little frock."
Malena dear that is an understatement!*lol* Can't wait for the pictures.:)

 
At 10:55 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

Pretty pretty clothes... love the fabric.

twill look fab-lo-lus(h)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home