Friday, March 10, 2006

I can't give you anything but love



Last night I spent a wonderful evening at the Toastmasters 23rd Anniversary Party. Lots of great speakers. I tend to be very quiet and reserved until I start singing. Then the dork/diva emerges in full force. I love singing sexy old songs. I sang:
I can't give you anything but love
Cheek to Cheek
Sunny Side of the Street
Stardust
and a few Eva Cassidy tunes.

I really vamped it up..which I love to do..ON STAGE anyway. It couldn't have gone better really. I came home flying. I wish Lorraine could have seen me. Speaking of Miss Fabulous..she will be here again around the 19th. Web conference? I think we could handle that Danth Guyth, but just for you-th.

More photos to come.
Next week Kitty and I are getting together for the Balticon merchandise. Big Fun, little cash. That's our motto. We'll have LaM t-shirts, baby LaMie T's for the little people, Lorraine headbands, Malena potions, etc. etc, all things cool and creapy and last but not least....Nocturna underwear!!! Who could resist a bat winged Nocturna landing on their crotch? Hee hee
Cheek to cheek indeed...

10 Comments:

At 11:54 PM , Blogger Kitty Cat said...

pardon me, did you say crotch-th?

that photo of you is gangbusters, baby.
we will recon-mission this week.
it is thundering & lightning-ing over here in H'wood.
LOVE IT!

 
At 5:00 AM , Blogger vandaluna said...

Wow! What an awesome picture!! The window behind you looks at first glace like a parasol.

 
At 9:10 AM , Blogger Mimi said...

Look at you there, Your Hawtness!

(Or Haute-ness, your choice. :P)

 
At 9:49 AM , Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

Wonderful outfit! Have fun at Balticon...I will be sitting at home envious of all who attend who get to see not only you and Lorraine, but Lisa Snellings-Clark and Neil Gaiman and Gene Wolfe...and the list goes on and on. Have a safe and successful trip!

 
At 1:41 PM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

Hey! Did I mention that Mimi gave us a SUPER glam witchy scarf/poncho? Ohhh it is the goth girls dream. Yes, I've worn it three times just this week. Thank you a million times miss Mimi. I'm going to make a pattern from it I like it so much.

 
At 4:48 PM , Blogger Kitty Cat said...

Mimi has gifted me also this week,
she is karmically due for a windfall.
love love love my new chair, girl!
(can a pattern be made from a chair?hmmm)
Batman has already sat on it & given it kittycat drivebys. xie xie!

 
At 4:51 PM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

Yay for future online chats!

 
At 6:05 PM , Blogger Mimi said...

So happy to hear that you're giving that shawl/scarf so much LUV, Malena! And Kitty-jie, bu yong xie -- I'm glad my stuff's finding good homes. ♥ (Batman's approval = that chair is IN.)

 
At 10:58 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

Love the dress. You're a vision from another age. Very nice pose... so shapely.

 
At 2:43 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

"You look Mmmmahvelous!"

But, then, you usually do. :)
Glad you had such a good time!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home