Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Welcome to our Haunted World , Chris Ewen!


Here is some exciting news for you all....Malena and I have been plotting and planning the new CD lately, and today we talked Chris Ewen ( Future Bible Heros/ Magnetic Fields ) into coming on board and doing the music with us. He was the genius behind the Dark Sonnet and Let The Rest Of The World Go By on MIRROR MIRROR , and the more we listened to those songs the more we thought that was the feel we wanted for the next CD, which currently has a working title of " Haunted CD " as everything on it so far seems to be really spooky. ( you think???? what us??? )

I have loved Chris's music for years and he has been doing my CD booklets since the Flash Girl days, and we are beyond excited to get a chance to really do a project with him. This is going to be some fun! Hopefully along about Halloween again you will see a new little Haunted Thing come into the world......

This is going to be music. Music so lovely you will want to rip out someone's heart and eat it.

Or something like.

OK, I am off to play at the Half Time with St Dominick Trio later this evening , look for me by midnight. ( oh, how spooky I have become! I sound like our sweet Nocturna, but I am all haunted and inspired now! )

Love and Haunting-ness,
Lorraine

6 Comments:

At 10:13 PM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

I'll never age and I'll never die
I'll be young forever know why?
Cause I'm a vampire

Yeah! Oh. I am a HUGE Chris Ewen fan. We are so excited about this!

Yes, songs about death, gossiping bats, unrequited love, ghosts and graves, and dancing naked with spiders.... will soon be available...for your auditory pleasure.
I am so happy! Now the hard/fun part begins. Writing the music, learning the vocals and violin. Ohhh and pictures DarlinG! Lots of haunted sexy banshees..Lovely!

 
At 7:16 AM , Blogger vandaluna said...

Hmmm...Weird psychic occurrence that I posted about TMF earlier in the day and voila, Lorraine makes an announcement regarding one of the members?

I'm really looking forward to your new CD. The concept sounds focused and exciting.

 
At 1:16 PM , Blogger mistress mousey said...

Yay! I (hearts) Chris Ewen mightily. His music is genius - and he's especially cute when he blushes (I got to see his reaction when he met one of his favourite authors, Martha Soukup). I'm so happy that you've enlisted him on the next big CD project! :D

 
At 2:41 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

Cool!
I do have one quibble, though; the effects were a little much on "Dark Sonnet." I couldn't quite make out the lyrics. OTOH, the lyrics in "Just Let the World Go By" are very clear.

Just my 2 cents. :)

 
At 6:03 PM , Blogger vandaluna said...

I think ariandalen makes a good point. I don't think the effects were too much,I think the problem may lay in the recording an engineering. I've heard music with lyrics and sound effects and they've worked well together.

 
At 1:16 AM , Blogger K said...

Cool, indeed!

Oh, and Vanda? I'm not on the mailing list...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home