Friday, March 17, 2006

St Pat's Day



In answer to the question " Is it possible to play a 13 hour gig on St Patricks Day" I would say, well, yes. Tho it aint't pretty. The last six hours or so will get rather surreal, and , speaking for myself, one needs some serious Melissa Etheridge for the ride home. ( try SKIN and LUCKY )

I can tell you that the pain involved will get bad, but that it will go away after a while, and you will enter a place where there isn't anything much besides set, break , set, break.....At times you will think, food , water, food ,water.....Is that chocolate?

I can tell you that it is your audience who will give you the strenth and the energy to make it, and it is your friends, and the people who come to see YOU, ( you know who you are tonight ) and who stayed with you, that gave you the strenth to make it thru this. They are the ones who made it wonderful, and magic, and weird and wild and wonderful. Who made it possible. I thank you. All of you who where there and with us.

Driving home I had thought of a lot more to say. Now, not so much.

I think I'll call Malena and ask her to sing me to sleep, our Nocturna will be up. And I will get up tomorrow and do another gig, this one four hours.

Walk in the park , that one.

Happy St Pats to you all!

Love and weariness,
Lorraine

11 Comments:

At 6:53 AM , Blogger vandaluna said...

Hey Lorraine, I thought about you through the day yesterday hoping things were going well for you. Did Malena sing you to sleep?

 
At 7:15 AM , Blogger ivenotime said...

awwww, sherpa, broken heart? Hope you feel better soon. glad you survived Lorraine, all of us here were with you in spirit, its a bit of a drive for many of us! hope your lullaby was soothing and did the trick.

 
At 11:06 AM , Blogger mistress mousey said...

Good grief, I'm impressed that you're up AT ALL today. Kudos for a gig well performed!

And (((hugs))) to sherpa's broken heart. :/

 
At 2:24 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Lorraine, you're a madwoman, and I respect that.

Malena, in order to add songs to your page, you need to register your band under the Myspace Music section. It's an entirely different profile type and has all the options for uploading music there. Let me know if you need further info.

 
At 4:23 PM , Blogger Malena said...

Adriana,
We have our band on myspace music. What if I wanted to add a piece from the gladiator soundtrack to Miles account. It piece wasn't listed so I couldn't add it. I will go and check out how to upload OUR music. THanks!

Yes, Lorraine (AKA, Sunshine girl) was up at 9 am today. I on the other hand got up at 6 AM to take a friend to the airport and STILL couldn't sleep till 4 am. "Cause I'm a vampire" (Future Bible Heroes lyrics) That's my disclaimer and I'm sticking to it. hee hee
So, today I'm a zombie. Lorraine is already at her next gig. I'm working on the merch. for Balticon and THE MALENA COLLECTION. Yeah. Oh, and we ARE going to be sending out a newsletter while sunshine girl is here. A few lucky people will be winning some LaM merch! I'm so bummed Lorraine's green undies didn't arrive in time. Damn LA mail!

 
At 4:55 PM , Blogger Malena said...

I'M A MYSPACE RETARD!
Ok, here's our page URL
http://www.myspace.com/lam_fans
I don't see where I upload our music. Let me know. THanks!

 
At 5:11 PM , Blogger vandaluna said...

I thought I would share some music with you if you are interested.
I posted a link to it on my feebly-kept blog.
http://vandaluna.blogspot.com/
The story behind the music is there too.

Oh, Malena, I have no earthly clue what "My Space" is. I'm sure I could figure it out if I knew. Sorry. I'll hop on over and check out your page though.

Sherpa...sorry I didn't comment earlier. I thought sure I had misread about the broken heart. Holidays make it doubly hard because you want to hug on and kiss on and have fun with your love toy. Sorry Sherpa.

 
At 12:09 AM , Blogger Kitty Cat said...

i love that Sherpa wrote "mourning" but damn, WHO broke his heart??! guess what doll, those who don't handle the heart without dropping it, they can kiss me arse.
xoxoxo me

 
At 3:23 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

Ms. Fabulous, glad you survived. :)

Sherpa: I've found that the amount of alcohol needed to get/stay drunk varies depending on desire to get that way, as well as physical activity and amount of food eaten while drinking. Sorry about the broken heart. :(

Vanda: off to check your blog.

 
At 4:47 PM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

Blogger has refused to let me leave a comment for days. I've lost so many comments to it in that time. Blech.

 
At 4:49 PM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

Well, since *that* one worked.

Congratulations on making it through the gig gauntlet, Lorraine! My thoughts were with you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home