Thursday, December 06, 2007

Cameras, Cages, Kitties and New Art

Being now snowed in for the winter, my poor car but a memory , except for the No Parking This Side of the Street tickets sticking out all over ( no, I will never figure out the system, me and my neighbours kind of play " Parking Roulette " whichever side of the street has more cars...) I thought tonight I might stay in and take some pictures with my new camera, just to see if it could be done.

Seems to be working! I knew the one with the least amount of buttons and features would be the ONE!

I have put up my Holiday Tree, and done some decorating....



( Like you thought there was more than ONE holiday here??? )

I recently acquired , thru a difficult series of negotiations, a couple of new pieces of art. You may recognise it from " The Vampire Hunters Handbook " and I tell you, the artist was one tough Dude !!! He said the model would only accept top $$$ for it tho, and so perhaps it was not his fault.....



And here is the second, that's the Stardust Dress, in front of it , on it's Dressmakers Mannequin, in the Romance Room...( the Strange thing on the right is Creature-Creature, she may get her own post one day.... ) If you want a closer look at the picture, well, go , you and buy the Vampire Hunters Handbook, what says Xmas more than Vampires?????



Our own Miss Kitty gave me a Fairy last time I was out in the land of Sun. She said " I found her, she's YOU, she's just like you. " Hmmph. Well, I know THAT sort all to well, I put her in a cage with Spiders and Fake Ivy, and now she is happy and creating no more mischief!!! ( our psychic Diva Malena, bought me the cage KNOWING it would come in handy at some point..... )

( and no jumping on the Cruelty to Faires Bandwagon, until you have had these Darlings flying around, you can't know, and it's a LOT bigger inside than out! )



Freaky Venus Seaweed , speaking of nuisances flying around, has been more devious than usual these days, just LOOK at her.....Here she is on the Coffee Table Fish tank looking like a House Cat...



And here is her own true self....



A little song about her came into my head last night. It's to the chorus of " Playground in my Mind. If you don't know the song, read it as a poem. If you do know it, I am sorry it will now be there forever....

I am a Bengal, and I destroy things,
Can I destroy, something for you?
Shred paper towels, jump on your table,
That's what I'm going to do...

I'm from the jungle , I am not tame
I will attack every thing that I see
You think you are safe , but look all around you,
Oh where, can I be?

My name is Venus, and now that we're married
You are my prey, and I'm after you
Chew off your legs or maybe your fingers
That's what I'm going to do...




There you have it, my New Camera. And a new song. ( again, forgive me if you know the tune, feel for me, I walk around my house singing it. All The Time. )

Love, Cameras and Kitties,
Lorraine

16 Comments:

At 5:37 PM , Blogger Malena said...

who is that sexy evil woman in those paintings? WOW! She looks just like me only wicked. Hmmm. Maybe I have an evil twin out there somewhere. Ha haaaaaaaaa
Love the cat. Her name suites her as does the name Nocturna for that strange lady on your wall.
Muuuaaaaaaaaaa ha ha haaaaaaa

 
At 6:12 PM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

GODS! I never thought about that! She DOES look like you!!!!!

No wonder I liked it.....

Hot. Oh yes..Hot.

The paintings, not the cat.

 
At 9:29 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

Wow, great shots. Thanks for the pix... see there is something good that comes out of being housebound... we get house pix!!

The parking systems seems silly and random. You know, the power of a neighbourhood roused is greater than the power of a single person...

Nice tree... nice decorating... and lovely art all around. The dress is gorgeous and the pics are lovely. For such beautiful art, I am sure it was well worth it. There is a certain strange resemblance there, I must agree.

Also, thanks for the song. That is one cute cat.

 
At 10:29 PM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Pictures! Yeah!
I love the idea of the fairy in a cage : those creatures can be a real bundle of mischief and you already have that feral Bengal creature lurking about.
That strange "creature creature" reminds me of the creations of Sarina Brewer

 
At 10:56 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

We have seen links to her on this blog before... she is sooo disturbing but ... I have to admit... it is interesting, fantastical, original and just plain creepy.

I also LOVE the fairy in the cage... it probably is a very good idea... but as we have seen from Legend, there is no caging fairies. I bet she gets out and plays with mini-bengal at night.

 
At 7:52 AM , Blogger ariandalen said...

Thank you for the wonderful pictures! Did the city ever finish construction on your street? I'm with rubius on the power of a neighborhood. :)

Ms. Venus doesn't look happy in the first photo. Definitely a "I'll get you, my pretty" look on her face. How is poor Misty dealing with her housemate?

Just think, you could be in Central Texas wearing short sleeves and sandals the next couple of days; the highs are expected to be around 80. ::sigh::
Then we get back to normal weather; wet and cool. No snow for us. That only happens at Easter. X)

 
At 9:32 AM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

How thoughtful of you to put up Christmas decorations so Bengal Fury has more to destroy!

 
At 3:37 PM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

The Xmas decorations are actually Spiders and they stay year round! Venus will destroy them in her own time, I am sure....

The street IS done, I mean, if it weren't and we could not park there how would they finance the city with out the parking tickets????

That Fairy is staying PUT, tho I will admit to believing that it is she that puts some of the naughtier ideas into Venus' head...

It is COLD here. I am wearing my fur to the gig tonight, it's very old, and it was a gift, and IT IS COLD OUT! My only other coat more or less, is a Google Hoodie of my Bosses I have been wearing around , and it is not a below zero rated hoodie.

I think it will go below zero fo rthe forst time this winter tonight..WIsh I was in LA with my Vampire friend.

 
At 11:19 PM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Well be careful when driving to and even more back from your gig!

 
At 6:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any chance you'll record the Bengal Kitty song? I know some Bengal Kitty owners who would appreciate it...

 
At 11:20 PM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

Actually , I was thinking about learning the rest of that song and writing new lyrics for the verse bit, that was only the chorus...Paul and I are doing a live cd soon, and I think it would be fun.Or even just record it and put it up online..hmmm....

( we Bengal " owners " must stick together, we KNOW what it's like... )

Gig was magic tonight. I love it when that happens. All weekend rocked. Missed Malena.

( say, I can't help but thinking, Malena, you are right, those Vampire pictures really do look like you. You don't know an artist named Miles Teves do you??? )

 
At 6:07 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

Why that would be just FAR too much of a coincidence!!!

Take pics of the snow for me Lorraine!! Please? Pretty Please? with Mangos on top?

snoblown trees, your front porch, the back yard... the hottub in the snow... hehe, do the cats ever go wandering in it?

 
At 6:09 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

Hey Malena, what did you name your bat?

 
At 8:46 PM , Blogger Malena said...

Nocturna!

 
At 9:30 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

eeehhh hehehehehehhe excellent!!!

 
At 6:45 PM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

Love the song.

I'm scared of Ms. Venus Seaweed.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home