Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Camers, Customer Service and Broken Bones

I have some fun things to share with you, but most of them require photos, and my camera, the NEW one I just bought is down for the count. Actually, to be truthful, it was never UP for the count, could not even get the battery to charge. I was going to just return it, but there was a note in the package saying " If you have a problem, please don't return this, call us" so I thought, " well, that shows some concern for my feelings" so I gave them a call.

Well, darned if they weren't SO nice, so concerned, and friendly. Who would have thunk it? Can this be Customer Service???? We even ventured off the topic of my battery, ( which they are replacing and sending out fed ex ) into my need for reading glasses, and her new glasses. Cool, thought I.

Anyway, SOON we will get photos again, and I will show you my new glasses, ( which are REALLY styling,rhinestones and all, but sadly, don't do much for my vision, another thing to take care of ) Also pics of the strangest pottery ever seen.....I don't know WHAT they are exactly, but they seem to be some sort of DUCK and BOWLS at the same time. Had to own them, but I don't know WHAT they are, perhaps one of you does...

( this is not the first time I have bought strange pottery, the last time I got a big THING, and didn't know what it was, I had it one way up and called it a plant pedestal, but Malena saw it and flipped it over, and stuck my umbrellas in it )

Back to customer service.....I had to ring Northwest yesterday to book some more flights for Boss ( who in my personal opinion has been on quite enough lately ) and the first person I got was one of the YES WHAT DO YOU WANT types. I, being experienced , said" Opps, I have to ring back, forgot I left Fluffy in the microwave" and hung up. I want someone who cares, call me kooky. Rang back in five, and got THE SAME WOMEN. What are the odds???? This time I simply screamed AHHHRRGHHH! and hung up. Called back and not only got the Friendliest Dud in the World, but long, long after we had booked the flight, I was still hearing stories about his daughter, her songwriting, and travels. I finally called my phone from the other line and told him I had to go.

I think we are getting together for some Holidays in the near future....

And onto Charter.....Good news, I just got my bill, and not only had they taken off the Mystery Channels Charge, they did it several times over, and now my bill is much less. Should I be worried?

I hope you all have a fine holiday, whatever you do. My Sister came up from where ever it is she lives last night and saw my Spooky House for the first time. She loved it and thought it wonderful until she fell down my front steps and broke her ankle. Nothing like a broken bone to spice up a dinner party!! ( and since I nearly needed stitches yesterday, got clawed REALLY bad re-doing Baby Bengals Soft Paws, it was a full on Bloody Dinner Party! Just the thing for the Holiday! )

Love and photos soon,
Lorraine

16 Comments:

At 12:10 PM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

This is funny...

I went googled " Hull Pottery Green Ducks "

Apparently no one else knows what these are either...They seem to be " Green Duck Goose Swan Pottery vase planter candy dishes "

Try it. You will laugh.

 
At 12:28 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

Sorry to hear about the camera and phone issues (left fluffy in the microwave hehehe) I am happy you got the bill bit figured out. I wouldn't worry, if they can't even get your bill right in the first place then they are unlikely to check to see if they got your re-billing correct.

oooh... the ankle and claw-goring sound terrible. I am so sorry about the misfortune (is Baby Bengal one of the boss's kits? surely you haven't gotten another without telling us.)

lol... 'Malena saw it and flipped it over, and stuck my umbrellas in it' ... it is amazing how one person's plant holder is another person's umbrella stand or candy dish or vase.

 
At 1:01 PM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

The funny thing is I am on hold with Charter as the darn TV keeps asking for my pin #. Charter is claiming they don't HAVE pin #'s. I am getting very friendly with the Charter Lady tho, she googled the ducks and found them as ugly as I, and she grew up in the town I live in.

She wants to get together when I get together with the Northwest Dude.

Baby Bengal is Venus, I call her that sometimes, as she is a baby, and uh, a Bengal.

You know, that bit about Plant Stands/Umbrella holders goes a long way twards explaining Malena and I, hee-hee...

 
At 1:07 PM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Oh noooo, not clawing! And a broken ankle to boot. Not the best way to celebrate Thanksgiving.
Do try and have a nice one nevertheless.
Your adventures with Customers Services are just unique!

 
At 1:43 PM , Blogger Bulfinch's Aglaia said...

Mmmmm, kitty claws. Ouch!! And double ouch for your sis. What a way to start a holiday weekend! But I have great confidence you can find ways to alleviate all problems, as you are without a doubt the most efficient, amazing person I know of. Have a lovely Thanksgiving, to you and the beautiful Malena and all the wonderful people here!!

 
At 2:50 PM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

It's always such a pleasure to discover GOOD customer service. So sad that it's such a rare and unexpected thing these days.

That's a good strategy for getting good customer service you have there, too.

I can't wait to see the new glasses! I love glasses. I love corrective lenses of all sorts.

Way to use Charter's incompetence against it. Lorraine the culture jammer!

So sorry to hear about you and your sister's injuries! What a way to start Thanksgiving. I hope the rest of your visit together is less eventful. Well, eventful of that sort at least.

 
At 2:50 PM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

It's always such a pleasure to discover GOOD customer service. So sad that it's such a rare and unexpected thing these days.

That's a good strategy for getting good customer service you have there, too.

I can't wait to see the new glasses! I love glasses. I love corrective lenses of all sorts.

Way to use Charter's incompetence against it. Lorraine the culture jammer!

So sorry to hear about you and your sister's injuries! What a way to start Thanksgiving. I hope the rest of your visit together is less eventful. Well, eventful of that sort at least.

 
At 4:11 PM , Blogger Kitty Cat said...

Danth's comment is so nice, he left it twice.
Quiche, i love the Fluffy line, and you best believe i have learned that little trickwell from you. Use it often, i do.
let's go on the record however, that we affiliates of L'aM don't condone or approve of Fluffies in microwaves in any way, shape or form..
i mean, just for the matter of public record.
and by the way, how come you are getting so much great journaling done! i is be jealous. wish i was at your HOuse with you, watching Olivia and meeting Venus.

 
At 4:28 PM , Blogger Stardustgirl said...

Ow ow ow about kitty claws and your sister's ankle! I hope you all recover quickly.

OMG - those duck things would be great for dieting. I'd be scared to go near the candy. That bill! That evil look! It's in your house?!? Run Lorraine! It's not too late... I hope.

Wait... did the duck show up first, then the claw incident and broken ankle? Hmmm... Step away from the duck. Maybe set the duck outside. Or outside the house of someone you don't like. Maybe that first Northwest CS person. Or the Charter people who fubar'd your first bill.

I got a candleholder today for $1 that others swear is a vase. If I can put a candle in it, and light it, it's a candleholder. It might hold tiny umbrellas, but I don't have any tiny umbrellas. It could hold a plant, but they've all been frostbitten here and are crunchy now. :(

I'm voting Romania for Best Customer Service. I wailed in angst about not being able to obtain something from there, and someone really nice came along and made it happen.

/end novel

 
At 5:32 PM , Blogger ivenotime said...

I love those duck/swan/planter/vase/candy dishes - what a hoot. I agree with Maureen - they got it wrong, it is The Harbinger Of Evil, or at least Injury. Hope you and your sis have a healing thanksgiving with less pain and more fun! I will be traveling to chicago tomorrow with fingers crossed that the snow will not be too bad. ugh. Anyway, good luck with charter, lorraine, at least it sounds like you're making some new friends! Have a good time everyone, enjoy the day!

 
At 10:28 PM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Tried googling your ducks and indeed the most common term that comes out is "planter".
So you'll know where to put you next growing experiment...

 
At 8:31 AM , Blogger Beez said...

Ow ow ow to kiyty claws and broken ankles.

but *cracks up laughing*

You got the Sinister Ducks!

Happy Turkey Day dears, and may customer service ever be your friend.

 
At 8:23 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

OUCH! For both you and your sister. Does Miss Venus like catnip? Maybe next time you can bliss her out before trimming then reapplying Soft Paws? Just a thought. It sometimes works with my 15 pound cat, Tangwyn.

I hope your sister gets home okay. I've thus far eluded breaking any bones myself, but a broken ankle sounds particularly bad.

I think I'd go with planter on the Hull Pottery Duck/Goose/Swan, but why not put candy in it? Whatever makes you happy. :)

 
At 8:23 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 10:57 PM , Blogger Malena said...

Wow. I hope your sister is ok. How was the Thanksgiving dinner today? Happy THANKSgiving everyone!

 
At 8:54 AM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

Catnip???? She loves it , but it does not make her mellow.

Now Valium....Hee-hee.

Good news on the ankle, not broke, badly sprained.

Can't use them for Candy. I am getting fat as a Shoat ( I don't know what they are, but I hear that phrase " fat as a shoat " )

Thanksgiving was fine. Took the Dog to my other sisters, and she did not, thanks be , make " The Meal " but rather really nice Italian . The Dog had chicken and was deeply disappointed he did not get to kill any cats. He let me know he could have, as they were all over....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home