Wednesday, November 07, 2007

LaM and the peace movement of Topanga

Ah LA. A whole different Beastie it is. I love it here, tho there are some decidedly odd thigns about the town. This morning a man walked buy with his dog and I said " Hello Good Morning " and Malena came out and asked WHO are you talking to and WHY did they answer back???

( It turned out he was the Man With The Great Dane " and he was KNOWN for answering back or even initionating a Good Morning Himself , on occasion. )

I have NO brain. This town is non stop 24 hour Pah-te and Malena and I didn't get to sleep until 4, 6 for me ( the next time i hot the darn cAPS LOCK on this space age glow in the dark Vampire keyboard, I am going to Jolly Well leave it ON until I notice and NOT go back and re-type ) and we had to be up for another event at 6:00am.

( ok, so the evening event took place IN MY SLUMBER PARTY BEDROOM ( SEEE???? ) and consisted of me , Malena and a whole lot of talk and the 6:00am event involved getting her daughter off to school, but its all in how you tell it.

I have been teaching her Freaky Bat Frog Dog to walk with the Gentle Leader, and am considering a new carreer as Hot Chick Dog Whisperer, which frpm what I know about this town, and the fact that I am WAY hotter than Ceaser Milan , will be a WAY bigger hit than Dog Whisperer.

A lot of funny things happened, but darned if I remember. I think Vampire girl fell asleep on the couch so I am going to wake her and have her re-mind me. Or finish this .

( I may well regret this, as if I can GET her up, she will not go BACK to sleep for hours and it will be me trying to stay awake.)

Hmmph. Declining to wake she is, ah well , she has been REALLY busy this past month and hasn't slept more than a few hours each night. I wonder if there is any chance she will sleep the night thru? ( I sound like a new mother or something! )

I shall get back at her by doing my own post until she wakes...And let you in on some of things you don't get to hear on our regularly scheduled blog, private intimate details of, uh, Malena's Crypt.

( that'll learn her! )

I have no camera so, you will have to use your imaginations....The first thing I notice is that her monitor is perched on top of Huge Art Book. ( there are a lot of them around here. ) This one seems to be on " Michelangelo " which goes a long way to answering a few nagging questions.

The cd on the top of the pile seems to be " The Eagles Greatest Hits" ( which goes a long way to ASKING a lot of nagging questions )

There are no answers here in the Crypt, only questions...( cue music )

Someone seems to have sent her a Halloween Card for every day of October. Hmmm....I look at the handwriting and it is all the same, and oddly enough, very familiar...

Malena woke for a moment, but we may be too sleepy now to continue, she says tell them I love them and tell them about that really fuuny thing that happened.

And so I will.

Tomorrow.

Love, Lorraine a' Malena

14 Comments:

At 10:41 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

awww.... We love you too...I only have 4 words
A
Door
A
Bull

Thanx for the sneak-peak at Malena-land.

Have fun, take pictures.

 
At 10:46 PM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

TEASE!

(Whas that the SAME card for the whole month of October? Cool, weird and - depending on if she knows the person or not - a little spooky)

 
At 11:05 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

was that person, by any chance, a lovely violiness??

 
At 8:57 AM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Haha! I think Rubius might be on to something...

 
At 9:23 AM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

Yes, it was me sending the cards adn wee gifties. And it wasn't the SAME card....

More soon...

 
At 3:16 PM , Blogger Yoga Gal said...

Dearest Lorraine; Not all us L.A. folks live the life of your beautiful friend Queen of the Night. But reading your blog reminds me of my clubing days, sigh. Still, most of us Southern Californians worship the sun. Still, it's so cold and gray today, sleeping in one's warm crypt sounds lovely.

 
At 6:14 PM , Blogger Beez said...

Sleep well, both of you.

We'll see you when you emerge. (pics, right?)

Pretty please?

 
At 6:47 PM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

The Eagles Greatest Hits.

Really.

Hmmm.....

 
At 9:01 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

And, pray tell, just what exactly is wrong with The Eagles? "Witchy Woman" is a favorite of mine. ;)

 
At 9:54 PM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

Ok Malena I'll take Dan Guy, you take Adriandalen.

Dan Guy...
Yes Hmmm Indeed! And again, Hmmmmm!!

Adriandalen...
It's ONLY because of "Witchy Woman" Which as we all know RULES! Not to mention HOTEL CALIFORNIA. (I live this urban hell people, I need an outlet)

Take that Lorraine and Dan Guy!

(I know Lorraine you are a huge Abba fan. And what little musical skeletons does Dan have in his closet?)

 
At 10:59 PM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

We ALL have music skeletons in our closet: Popular music tends to skeletonize at high speed (in particular the one each one of us were listening in our teenage years).
Either that or tranform itself into a Best of Queen...

 
At 12:14 AM , Blogger Rubius said...

first I thought: erm... what if Best of Queen already is one of your musical skeletons?... and then I remembered: Queen will Never Die!! ... and then I thought, hmm then it must be one of those dancing musical skeletons in my closet...

(folk underground and Good Omens rule!!!!)

 
At 5:44 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

Rumble!!

[Danth Guyth starts snapping menacingly, pacing the park.]

 
At 3:25 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

Musical skeletons in the closet...I still have lots of vinyl LPs that have yet to make it to digital form. Included in that are some Captain and Tennille albums along with Barry Manilow albums. ::shrug:: Both are from junior high. I also have a lot of Early Music. My musical tastes covers a lot of ground; my mother used to say, "We listen to everything from the sublime to the ridiculous."
My reading tastes aren't near as broad as my musical tastes. :)

Besides, my younger brother gave me "The Best of The Eagles" for either my birthday, or Christmas, my senior year in high school. That was twenty-eight years ago.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home