Saturday, November 03, 2007

WGA Strike News....

Well, it seems that the Writers of the WGA are on strike, which was thought likely. There are rumours that the directors, actors and crew unions may be also striking in sympathy, and support the Writers 100%.

It will be all over the news in a day or two, so I don't think that I am jumping the gun by telling you that PAAA ( Personal Assistants Association of America ) will also be going on strike as of later this week sometime, soon , in sympathy with the Writers.

( hey , like PA's have time to schedule these things... )

THIS is BIG news, people. We can do without writers, directors, actors and such, but no PA's??? Let me be the first to tell you nothing will get done. The industry will grind to a halt amid chaos and destruction in a matter of days. We feel , however brutal this may seem, it is the only way of bringing this strike to a quick conclusion.

In hopes that they will be available post strike and able to save themselves, ( it will simply not be safe anywhere ) and also to help resist the urge to assist ( something completely forbidden during the strike ) it has been decided by PAAA that the PA's will remove themselves for the duration of the strike.

To that end, they have ,( using their vast contacts, influence and Rolodex's, ) rented out the Bahama's in their entirety, and will reside there until matters are resolved.

Love and Solidarity,
Lorraine

14 Comments:

At 1:16 AM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

:)
This very much reminded in those (long gone) days when a teacher's strike meant holidays for the students...
Enjoy!

 
At 1:25 AM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

hee-hee...I slay myself!

 
At 4:38 AM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

I have to ask this : Who will make tea for the poor writers on strike?

Shouting all these abuses to the authorities and calling the anti-riot forces names can be thirsty business.

 
At 8:57 AM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

That's just it. No tea for ANYONE, including the stuio people who are thwarting the writers. All will suffer....

 
At 9:26 AM , Blogger kali_licious said...

But-but..people in Hollyweird will have to like, do stuff themselves!
The horror!
Not to mention all those poor authors without tea.;)

lol
Don't mind me, my mood is set to goofy today.

 
At 10:54 AM , Blogger Beez said...

I can just picture a whole crowd of PA's, arms crossed and looking sternly at Those People, saying "No tea for anyone."


....from their beach chairs.

Of course, you -will- have cabana boys, right?

 
At 1:14 PM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Or even go for a flipant "Let them drink booze instead" in their upmost Marie Antoinette way...

(am in one of those moods too. Maybe it's contagious?)

 
At 3:10 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

OMG! That means that the whole industry will move to Texas as we're an "open shop" state. Like we don't have enough oddballs as it is. ;)

Hey, I live near Waco. I can make comments like that. ;)

 
At 5:09 PM , Blogger Malena said...

That means industry pros will have to drive themselves to work! The DUI rate in LA will skyrocket! Not to mention all the big wigs won't have matching clothes, or know what day it is.

Fablo, you've outdone yourself in wit this time.

 
At 5:31 PM , Blogger Stardustgirl said...

I like the "let them drink booze" school of thought - good one, spacedlaw :-)

**looks at time of FabLo's post** Somebody was wide awake after the gig, no?

I'm my own PA - does this mean I give myself the time off? I'll sleep in tomorrow if that's the case - I just got home.

 
At 5:39 PM , Blogger Yoga Gal said...

You're correct Lorraine, the P.A. is the glue and strong right arms of many Industry Artists, not just writers! I know that you boss has always acknowledged you're support and skills in his books. You don't only help him get things published but bring order to his life. Good for you! Are you attending the premiere of "Beowulf" this Monday? A friend of mine works for Paramount studios and offer me tickets to the event but I turned them down, due to the fact that I hate such events. Truly, it's more fun going to a local theater with your over priced popcorn and soda and just relax and escape into the movie. I hope you're enjoying your stay in L.A.!

 
At 5:59 PM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

I like it here in the Bahamas. The tropical breezes are good. And I , at least, have tea.

 
At 4:15 PM , Blogger Yoga Gal said...

Drove by Paramount studio today (I go by there everyday due to my yoga studio is just off of Melrose) and the writers are indeed on strike. Members of the SAG aren't allowed to strike but Teamsters won't cross a pick line so all production are down at Paramount. I hope this doesn't effect the premiere today.

 
At 6:41 PM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

Can the WAA (Webmasters Association of America) join you in the Bahamas? It's gotten all cold here.

We're joining with the Writers out of solidarity and belief in their cause, but plan to continue working via our cellular modems.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home