Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Art, Canada, Dogs , Cats and Mangoes and Ice Cream



Catchy title, eh?

We got this from our sweet friend from Canada ( or somewhere, might not be Canada, who can say??? I mean, I LIKE Canada. Some of my best friends are Canadians. Well, no they are not, but I wouldn't care if they were, I am just saying I don't REMEMBER if she is the one from Canada or somewhere else...Where was I????) I think it is cute and sweet and everything fun. I like to think of Malena and I hanging somewhere....Kristina will have to tell you were we will get hung, and who actually did the art.



I have decided, having lived now with Dog for some months, read many a book, gone thru TWO Dog School sessions and Netflixed the Dog Whisperer, that I am now COMPLETELY competent , in a very Leader of the Pack way, to introduce Dog to Cats. And not in a Hunter/Prey way. ( Pray for me... If anyone has any tips, I'd welcome them. ) All shall live in harmony. -I- Alpha Lorraine, command it!

I can see it now...

DOG: Yes, yes, oh great one, I bow to your leadership and will share all with the Cats of Goodness...

CATS: Bugger off, you suck and so do dogs! And open that can of food before you go!

As Robert Heinlein once said " Women and cats will do as they please and men and dogs should just get used to it "

Malena has promised to add to this blog when she gets home tonight, as I told her, " Well, I simply don't have that much to say, surely you are doing SOMETHING today???? " So we will look for the little Missie Vampire later,, and perhaps hear of some great and wonderful adventures.

( No, Malena, no pressure...Hee-hee! )

It's night in Europe. Boss is flying. The USA , even LA is closed. Malena is acting. Dog is asleep. Oh yes! The only question is ice cream before or after the Bubble Bath??? ( Nope. Doesn't work real well IN the bath. Tried it. Now mangoes....)

Love, Art and the Truth about Cats and Dogs,
Lorraine






Hey LaMies!



Yes, I have been busy, as usual. Here's a picture from my shoot the other day. I was leaving and the photographer, David Betances took this in my front yard. He was such a doll to work with. We had the best crew.


AND now on to LaMie things. I just ordered a bunch of Halloween stuff for my friends. I will be drawing names from our fan cub and some lucky person will get a bunch of kitchy Halloween stuff in the mail from ME!




Also, if you are in the LA area, there is a Ouiji Board art show at Copro Nason. Check it out!




I'd also like to wish Miles TEVES and Kitty a happy birthday. They are only one day apart! Kitty's birthday was tuesday and Miles' was Wednesday. I've been so busy, I haven't been able to properly celebrate with either of them. So, today I am making home made cookies (not from the box)!!!! Miracle of God I know!




I'd like to add a few photos of our LaMies. Here's Nathalie in my Red Leather jacket she bought off my charity eBay auction.


She's blessed with such a perfect little nose! What a stunner huh? Speaking of stunners, another one of our LaMies, Dusti makes me look like a non celebrating halloween housewife! Check her out!
This weekend is a killer! First it's the secret IJ4 party ( I can say no more), then the Spike TV Scream Awards. Kitty and Lorraine are busy as hell. I hear Lorraine's Boss is getting an award. I think that will be 100,043rd one. I kid I kid. It's only the 100,042nd. Hey, the dude is an icon!
Although Los Angeles has it's fashion downfalls, we really know how to do it up for Halloween. Even Motion Picture Hospital decorates to the nines. I went to get my blood drawn and sure enough, they have a framed picture of Bella Lugose with a golden plaque that says, "Our father" and underneath it a photo of the phlebotomists that said, "And his children of the night" COOLNESS! And.... it's up all year round. You can't beat that with a stick! Miles loved it so much he's thinking of donating one of our Bella statues to the hospital. Even the pharmacy is done up! A few years ago the head pharmacist dressed up as the DEVIL. They gave me some strange medicine for my cold and the side effects included, "dizziness". So I told them if I came in next time with dyed blonde hair and a nose job, it's the cold medicine!!! I felt so bad because I turned around and BAM! There was a blonde chic with a Joann Rivers nose. Ooopps! Where's my diplomatic Lorraine when I need her?
So, until next time, this is your friendly neighborhood vampire signing off!
Mad Madame M

24 Comments:

At 6:34 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

You got it, Vancouver, Canada.

I am so glad you like the pic. The two of you will be hanging starting Friday in the artshow at VCON (Vancouver's Sci-fi/Fantasy Convention). This is a commission by Hyel Pochi of Finland (http://hyel.deviantart.com/) that my friend Chris arranged for my birthday. It will be up with my crystal dragons and critters in honour of how wonderfully inspirational you two are... (since I never would have made dragons if it weren't for you two). I will be running around like a chick with my head cut off taking care of our GoHs including one of my VERY favourites, Peter S. Beagle (who wrote The Last Unicorn).

Best of luck with the introductions, Alpha L. Perhaps Cabal should bring little catnip treats to present to the kitties. It's all about first impressions, right?

Have fun in the bath.

 
At 6:49 PM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

Actually Cabal HAS " met" the cats. He tries to kill them whenever he sees them and chases them far into the woods....

Hmmm...Ok. Canada. Got that right.

I thought Rubius was a lady named Sue that we met the same time we met you in, hmm , Maryland? I wonder WHY I thought that. And WHO I thought you were.

And whatever happend to that nice lady Sue?

Of course, I thought Spacelaw was French and lived in France, but it turns out she is in Italy.

Dan Guy is Dan Guy. It is good to know one fact.

And just how many people are out there not posting who I dont' even KNOW about??? I need to hear from YOU, I have mixed these guys up beyond belief. Come and be mixed up too!

 
At 7:01 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

Sue is Ivenotime, she is lovely and we all met at Baltimore (which was over a year and a half ago so it is perfectly normal to mix us up). You have a picture of her and Danth together at the Goddess Party on the LaM photo page. I am next to Jody the sexy librarian and in another pic I am happily beaming out from between you and Malena.

 
At 7:38 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

awwww thanks Rubius Kristina, how sweet, and to Sweet Lorraine as well for the shout out. I have been reading posts as I have time but have had a reallly busy semester - another instructor and I just got done installing a two-person show (she is a painter, i am a sculptor so we cover walls and floors there is NO escaping us)so now can breathe a bit easier. my classes are extremely large too which makes grading and such take alot longer. add to that a daughter who has since summer determinedly injured or had surgery on every limb except the left arm. argh.. tonight i just got done with a raku party and bonfire with my ceramics class and smell awful. What i wouldn't give for a hot tub now! Lorraine I do envy you, and your home is shaping up, love the chandelier - past pics were great as well as those of venus. best of luck introducing dog to cats, my dog tank refuses to play nicely and kitty just shakes her head and stalks away. Also before i get into the shower to rediscover cleanliness, Kristina, your father does some beautiful work - landscapes were marvelous. Have fun at VCON - the commission portrait is very sweet and nicely done. um, um, um, and Malena and Kitty, what a party, how lucky! ok. enough of my babble, into the shower i go - i disgust myself...

 
At 7:39 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

hmm the above is from me, sue, who usually posts as ivenotime cept when i cant remember how to log in. bah.

 
At 7:57 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

as her name says (usually) I've-no-time ... that's our Sue. (I used to try to figure out if it was pronouced 'Aye ven o time' or 'Aye veno tee meh'... and then when we met I was tickled pink to realize it was a shortening of 'I have no time'... and I had never even thought of that.

(thanks for the comment about my dad's pix, I like them very much too)

You have a LOT of people to keep straight Lorraine, as long as you don't say 'Zemeckis who?' I suspect the rest of us are okay with being mixed up.

 
At 8:58 PM , Blogger xxxxx said...

Hiya.

I just needed to pop in to say I had mango pudding for the first time this week! Mmmm tasty.

 
At 10:17 PM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

It doesn't work in the bubble bath ?
Mine always did.
And the tea.
Mind you nothing like a big sturdy wooden tray thrown on the bathtub lids to hold all your essential things (candles, book/work, snacks, teapot, cup, cat,etc.) while you soak underneath it.

I thought Cabal only chased Fred ?

 
At 11:41 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

Glen, you are as good as Mango pudding and even sweeter, a true gentleman.

Nice to see you again (even without your utilikilt)

:-)

Glen, Dan, did I ever send you those cute pictures of the two of you at the Goddess Party? They were TRULY GREAT, but I suspect you might not want me to post them on a blog. (tehe)

 
At 5:32 AM , Blogger xxxxx said...

I don't remember the pictures.

 
At 9:38 AM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

Cabal does not confine himself to specific cats. All are evil and he must save us.

Missie Vampire must have gotten home too close to sunrise, hee-hee, we will wake until dusk and then I will call the crypt and wake her and we will see what she has to say..

Mmmwhahah!

 
At 10:51 AM , Blogger Stardustgirl said...

Cabal sounds like he shares the same philosophy most dogs we've had have held: cats were put on this earth to be chased.

It doesn't matter if Strange Cat is 20-something pounds and Jack has topped out at just over 4 pounds, he'll still give it a go. I'm afraid he'll actually catch one someday since he's really fast, and the 20-pound cats tend to be a bit more sluggish.

Jack will chase anything, so I leash him when we have fledgling birds around. Robin can't be bothered, unless it's a cat. If it's a cat, he's on its tail until it's out of the yard.

 
At 1:03 PM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

They ARE evil.
That is why we love them.
Oh and they purr and we human tend to fall for that whereas it just gets on the dogs' nerves.

 
At 5:35 PM , Blogger Beez said...

I guess I'm lucky (maybe?). Mika (dog) and Max (cat) act a lot like litter-mates....it's frequently a game of chase with Wrestlemania thrown in.
Sometimes though, when it's the
middle of the night and my bed is the turnaround point....arrrgh.

 
At 5:38 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

Happy Happy Birthdays Kitty and Miles!!!

The coat and necktie look lovely on you Nathalie, beautiful outfit indeed Dusti.

Malena,...oops... you are hilarious.

It sounds like a great time in hollywierd for all, and I sure know what you mean about busy (we are getting VCON set up right now).

 
At 5:50 PM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

is Dan Guy.

 
At 5:50 PM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9:42 PM , Blogger Malena said...

is Dan Guy what?
Let us know how your con goes Kristina.
Yes, Hollywood is all about the parties this time of year. Fablo is coming out and we are vegging. No parties. It's the beach with Kitty and that's it.
Hey! Thanks to Lorraine's cookbook she gave me, I make chocolate chocolate chip cookies for Miles. Kitty, you're next! Something sweet this way comes.
Love you LaMies!

 
At 10:18 PM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Bela Lugosi in the blood donation room! Ho that's going to cheer me up BIG time all day, I think.

Happy belated birthday Kitty and Miles. Hurray for the cakes!

Chill is creeping in this week (we getting down to 16 celcius at midday!) so I can wear the jacket.

 
At 10:37 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

Dan Guy is Dan Guy is Dan Guy

is Dan Guy

except when he is Gothlolli or Danth Guyth... or Dan the mighty web-goblin.

btw... Malena, you look gorgeous as usual in that pic. Love the over the shoulder smile. I'll let you know how VCON goes. (I even got permisson from Lisa to show a bit of poppetty goodness in the art show)

 
At 11:25 AM , Blogger elionwyr said...

Woo, I'm gonna brag...my pic appears with yours in the same blog entry! ;)

Beyootiful Ouija boards! Have you ever seen Kipling West's boards? http://www.foureyedbat.com/spooky/index.html
(She's the designer of the Halloween tarot, and a nifty person altogether.)

 
At 2:09 PM , Blogger Bulfinch's Aglaia said...

I was lucky enough to meet Sue at Fiddler's Green (where that nice Mr. Gaiman bought for his very own self her beautiful green glass Sandman sculpture! so cool!!). I meet the Fabulous Lorraine there, and saw her at again at Balticon, and, well, her efficiency and overall fabulousness kinda scares me. The beautiful Cat M. I met at Fiddler's and saw again at Balticon, and she's one of the kindest people ever. Maureen I think I met at the Michigan MythCon a few years ago. When I met Malena at Balticon, my first thought was, "Oh my gosh, she's shy!" I was overwhelmed with how lovely she is in person!! Dan was so nice at Balticon. I think I missed out on Glen and Rubius (I had to leave very early on Sunday morning and so missed a bunch of stuff.)

 
At 5:07 PM , Blogger Yoga Gal said...

Dark Mistress Malena, Your remark about the loads of awards that Neil Gaiman has won made me laugh! Yes, that man has tons of awards, I often womder where he stores them all! But he has a great talent and deserves to be awarded. You're so right that L.A. is not the center of grand fashion but it's so hot out here what can you do but live in sundresses and jean and t-shirts? Just after I took out all my lovely sweaters and boots I had to slip on a darling silk black and white sundress because it was 85 degrees today! What's a girl to do? And it's going to be in the 90s next week which means in the Valley and in Pasadena it will be in the 100s! Well, at least I'll get to work on keeping my summer tan from fading. By the way my Goth Goddess, how do you keep that beautiful pale complexion in this sunny town of Louts Eaters?

 
At 12:10 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

Well...I'm me in Central Texas, and neither of you have met me in person.

I haven't been posting lately due to having to take care of a husband with pneumonia and a near 4 year old with a mystery virus. My oldest started kindergarten, where she tested between a 3rd and 5th grade level for reading. Her 6th birthday was not quite a month ago. This week, DH is possibly relapsing, the youngest is getting better, the eldest has just gone to her first two birthday parties, and I need to take our 55 lb six month old puppy back to the vet to get stitches removed from having her spayed. And, yes, I realize I have it easier than a lot of people. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home