Friday, October 12, 2007

Halloween Marathon






Man, I am so busy right now. I rarely have the time to blog much. It IS October, the season of the witch. (hint hint) We just finished filming a project in my house yesterday. More info on my blog. Today we are getting ready for October Shadows. My manager Steve, our tour manager Kitty, and Coop's wife Ruth are meeting us there. I hear it's quite a celebrity affair. (In LA language, that means people in jeans and shorts) People in this town DO NOT know how to DRESS! I go to black Tie events and see girls in denim mini skirts and ugg boots! Oh the horror! There should be a goth/rock TV version of what TO wear in LA! Me, I just do my own thing. Somebody has to represent the goth diva drag queens of the world! Can I get a witness? Our mummy head agrees. See? He's giving me the wink of approval, and a smile!



Fablo and I are always doing the same thing at the same time. We are both remodeling our bathrooms. We are both training our dogs. (Mine WERE trained until I moved in and spoiled them) Even when we think we aren't doing the same thing, we are. We are connected at the hip I tell ya! On the last blog, she showed you a few clips of her house, so here are a few clips of mine. The gold table is from Alexandria. I'm such a dork, I had to ask Miles where that was. Our house is a hodge podge of eras all slammed together. We have the furniture of the rococco period, then we have the art deco stuff, the barnwood tables, the roman pillars. Oh well, someday we will have a bigger house to display them all.


This picture is BEFORE we put up the Halloween decor. Mwauuu ha ha haaaaaaa! I made some Halloween brownies for a school party the other day, with the help of my little bean. Here they are. Last year fablo made REAL sugar cookies (no mix, by HAND) I miss her. They were amazing. I must admit, my brownies were from a box, but look at the fancy icing people. ha ha















Somehow I wish all of you could come and trick or treat at my house! Wouldn't it rock?

Love it. Ok, more info to come. Check my blog for Dork photos.

Love, Mummies and Chocolate

Malena

8 Comments:

At 12:37 PM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Coooookies!
Great interior. Very sober (compared to what I was expecting with you and Lorraine saying that your house looks like it is on permanent Halloween).

Out of nostalgia for Halloween, I just ordered myself a skull shaped cupcakes tin and some skull and bones silver necklaces. I'll hold a halloween party in my heart (plenty of ghosts in there, it seems appropriate).

 
At 4:15 PM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

Maena is getting ready for a big Hollywood Party , and I am getting ready for my gig. Tho I do hope she didn't spend her day QUITE like I did mine..

Dog has, uh, well, I think he ate something BAD, and it's ok if he gets outside in time, but not so fun if he doesn't, if you get my point.

He did go to an agility class today, sort of a try it out and see if it's fun thing, with his teacher from dog school and we had a blast. He is really good at it. Look for him at the Westminster Dog Show next year.

Malena is so funny, I never knew there was any other way TO make cookies, but she was Really impressed....

This will be our first Halloween not together, the schedules just don't mesh, alas. Just as soon as possible in November tho! I am so out there , and really, Halloween is in the heart and we can , and do, celebrate it all year round.

 
At 6:49 PM , Blogger Yoga Gal said...

Great house!Love to treat or treat there!

 
At 12:34 PM , Blogger Kitty Cat said...

ahhhhhhh, the sugar cookies of my dreams, i remember those, and the ones we took to the CD release...heavenly.
last night was very wonderfully glam-glam, am going to post some photos of the Rick BAker studios...aMaZinG! thank you MIles & Malena for invite.
Miles, your pieces were stunning, you gunslinger you.
xoxoxox

 
At 2:31 PM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

Well, hmmm, Miles was a gunslinger, Malena was MALENA , ( which is full on enough for any day, let alone Halloween, ) What , we wonder , was the Kitty?

Or was the gunsling metaphoric??? And you were just you lovely , as useuel self????

We need pics here!

 
At 2:33 PM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

And oh, Spacelaw, we need pics of these skull cupcakes!!!

Malena is right, send us yr Halloween pics and we will do a post-bash post!

 
At 10:38 PM , Blogger Malena said...

Halloween photos are on my blog.
Silly People!

 
At 8:39 AM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

You know, Malena, the more I look at this third picture and the more I wonder about this ceiling lamp...
Probably the resident alien ?

Lorraine, I'll take pictures of the first batch of cupcakes I make with those new tins. In the mean time, I am baking quiche (in normal tins) just to post on my blog (can you withstand the excitement?)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home