Thursday, August 30, 2007

Long time, Moats and Magic Dresses

Hello , all you,

It's been a while since our last post, very sorry for that! Sometimes, in the wacky world of music, entertainment, acting , and so on and so forth, things get a LITTLE hectic...Who knew, hee-hee?

These days I am beginning to feel like a) Prey ( for Freaky Venus Seaweed, I am sure I will wake one night and find a limb gone ) or b) Some sort of Princess in a Fairytale being held captive in a dungeon or tower ( the basement or attic , sorting thru mountains of, well, STUFF ) or c) a live in Nanny ( for the best dog that ever lived tho )

House is just fine, but Street is NOT. Half my yard seems to be gone and all of my sidewalk. When I came out today , there was a huge mound of some sort of piping piled in it. It has also been raining for a week, which makes it hard to GET to the house, no cars mind you, small boats , possibly. I am taking the optimistic view and thinking " well, I always did kind of want a moat..."

Here's one very, very nice things tho....This just came in the mail today. Yes, it is what you think it is. Mormo the Witch from Stardust's Costume! I can't believe it's so lovely, and I fell so happy to own something from such a wonderfully lovely movie. I went back and saw it AGAIN, just to see MY dress!



I got lucky when a friend told me they were up for sale, pre-Ebay , and snapped it up. Very lucky, as it turns out, all the costumes and props went WAY higher than I could afford once they hit Ebay.

( A friend of mine told me to immediately try it on , and I said, uh...And she said, but wasn't this the LARGER witch???? I had to gently tell her what size " larger " is in the movies . Might be a 10. I am sure we will hear from Malena on this )

But I love it! Every detail is Perfect, and there is dried grass from the Isle of Skye in the skirts even! I am going to buy a dressmakers dummy ( where ever one does that ) and put it in my dinning room.

And who knows..One day ,might get to wear it. ( where ,one wonders? The grocery store? Bee tending? )

Ok, that's it for now, I've missed you all so! But the Princess is going back to the Dungeon....

Love, Witches and Spiders,
Lorraine

14 Comments:

At 5:39 PM , Blogger Hera said...

what a beautiful dress ! :)
Just got back from the west coast (of New Zealand) where it was raining like crowds of people were jumping angrily on the roof of the house... nice to be back in the sunshine and re-internettable ;) xox!

 
At 6:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for pretty magic dresses! You totally win. :D (Incidentally this place has a lot of dress forms for sale. Alternately, there's this DIY hack that's pretty popular.

Now to get you a proper drawbridge for your moat and you'll be set.

 
At 6:40 PM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

Awesome dress! Shield managed to snag Tristran's "stunt pants" from eBay. I love that term. I want to wear stunt pants on the daily.

 
At 8:21 PM , Blogger elionwyr said...

How wonderful, that such a lovely movie memento gets to live with you!

 
At 11:01 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

Simply Fabulous Dress. But that's you all over.

Sorry to hear about your moat... at least you don't need to carry ferry fare... yet, that is... it might be interesting, hearing Charon's tales though if he sets up business in your neck of the woods. Maybe the sun will come back out and you can catch the fairy over your moat (your not the only one who likes terrible puns). Just be glad you haven't had a spontaneous batch of lizards arrive to guard your moat. My aunt in California was outside picking blackberries and turned around to discover a large iguana on her roof, just enjoying the sunshine.

 
At 7:24 AM , Blogger Kitty Cat said...

oh man, i wish i had been a little quicker,
Quiche, did the Tristan outfit find a home in the family????
as for your moat, i recall trudging up the snowbound hill to House, is it much the same or much the different?
Danth! on the daily! i love it, that is the title of your newspaper column.
bye from Spain, tomorrow on to Italy, loves!

 
At 8:43 AM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

So happy for you!
You could wear it for music playing. It would be magic music on all accounts.

Drats ! Looks like I am going to miss Kitty... Might still see the boss, though (not quite the same thing, but there you go).

 
At 9:05 AM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

Hi Hera, Nice to hear you are back! I think I FINALLY found our lost cd's and will send them to you! At long last...

Thanks for the dressmakers tip, and yes a drawbridge is JUST what I need. I am going to build one as soon as I get my new dishwasher, arghh....( unless the FERRIES bring me one, Rubious )

Dan, I am still laughing!


Hey Kitty, we miss you here! No, nothing I bid on on ebay came thru, way to high they all went, sadly.

I will wear this dress tho. Somewhere, somehow. I think I should be with Malena tho, she is the only one I can think of that I could wear it with, where I would feel like I was the under dressed one...

Just found out I have a gig tonight. I thought it was only tomorrow , and at another club. This is good for a variety of reasons , the biggest of which is that I don't have to bring the mains to this club. HOW I was going to get them across the moat, I did not know....Raft? They are HEAVY!

 
At 12:16 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

That is so cool!!
I have faith that you will wear it, and with Malena. Just don't limit yourself to wearing it ONLY with Malena.
For me, the corset that Captain Shakespeare wore might fit...then again it still might be too small. It doesn't really matter because I didn't even look at the listings, much less bid. It's all good. :)

Hope your gig went well last night, or goes well tonight and tomorrow night if I've got my timing wrong. :)

 
At 10:34 AM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Don't forget to come out of the dungeon, sometimes...

 
At 1:39 PM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Long time, no post.
This is just a note to let you know that I have met your boss in Mantova and he said that I should mention to you that he was still alive (and well, as far as I could judge).
N.

 
At 7:49 PM , Blogger Kitty Cat said...

hey all L'ammies,
kitty is home, sweet home.
ran through the airport with the guitarist,
and we made the plane connecting from istanbul to LA, but our luggage didn't. boo! and i lost my cell phone on the aircraft. banner day.
so! MAlena & Quiche, please email me your contacts, because doofy me, i didn't back them up.
boo!
xoxo

 
At 4:41 PM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

Yea for the Boss being alive, starting to wonder, poor man...

And Yea for Kitty being back! When are you coming here?????

 
At 11:19 PM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Yeah for you being alive too. I was starting to worry...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home