Monday, August 20, 2007

Bar Sinister










There are few places in the world where I feel under dressed. Bar Sinister in Hollywood is one of those places. Saturday night, my friend Byrdie and I went all out Goth. Miles said, "don't worry Honey, even WITH your Malificent Horns you'll still be under dressed!" Right he was and I LOVED it! I was the Holly Homemaker of the crowd. Can you imagine? The pooper of the night was they would let us in with our cameras. What is this Gothland Security? We arrived a little late (big surprise) and didn't have much time to hang out. Although I did meet the sweetest drag queen ever.


Anyway, after the club closed, we were invited to an after hours party by two cool dudes whose names escape me. Now, usually I say no to these things, but Byrdie was in town! So, I said what the hell! and started walking.
















There were about 10 of us, walking down Hollywood Boulevard at 2 in the morning. A yuppie guy said, "Oh my gawd, look at those goth freaks!" Well, I couldn't help myself. I HAD to stand up for my people, so I said,
"And believe me darling, we think you look just as strange!"
He immediately backed off and his girlfriend complimented me on my D&G shoes. Who would be stupid enough to insult Malificent? We had a blast. The after hours party was filled with cool people with FABULOUS fashion sense. Check out the chic in the stripes! She lives in Chicago. I offered her and this model named Anna corset modeling jobs. They were so beautiful. These photos don't do them justice.


Byrdie was the queen though. You all know how I love dressing people up. More fun stories to come!
Latex, Leather and Lace,
Malena and the Byrdie girl

12 Comments:

At 1:00 AM , Blogger Rubius said...

Wow Malena, you know how to party!! That sounds like a blast. Go Malena Go, you rock. It's always important to show your colours!! (even if they are shades of sinister and mystery) :-)

Thanks for the lovely pix, Ms. Leatha and Lace.

 
At 10:10 AM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

And it's not even Halloween !
This place sounds like heaven (well, not exactly, but I suppose you'll catch my meaning).
The last two pictures look juxtaposed. Was this done of purpose (and if so I want to know HOW)?

 
At 1:17 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

Looks like you had fun!

 
At 2:13 PM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

PARTY Girls!!!!!!

Hot. I tell you they are hot.

 
At 11:22 PM , Blogger Malena said...

Yeah! I fixed the pics. There are new photos on my blog. You will see me in a way you never have before......
Go check it out!

 
At 4:00 PM , Blogger Beez said...

Saw the new pics. I have (barely) managed to get my jaw off the floor.

Wow

 
At 6:08 PM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

Exquisite!

 
At 7:10 AM , Blogger Kitty Cat said...

hello from Paris, everybody....Malena, that looks like i should have been there @ the party, if only to take some photos! yes, you need your professional photographer with you at all times! i do love the strawberry shortcake photos of you, sweetness. which was byrdie? i didn't get to meet her or big chief, KB!

ps you know KNOW i can always get my camera past security!
tonight we share the bill with jesus & mary chain/Bjork/arcade fire!!!! yes, Paris is stunning, i love it here. xoxoxox

 
At 6:26 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

oy, kitty, you make a girl jealous!!! what a trip... trent, bjork, PARIS!!!

hope you post pix, especially of beloved Montmartre

 
At 6:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sigh*

You look fabulous, as usual.

And you're making me miss hanging out with my gothic freak crowd. Not that I can stay up that late any more. It's the only drag about having a wee one that's so wee. Otherwise it's all joy and perfection.

Still, it would be nice to bust out that corset collection and actually wear 1/3 of my wardrobe again.

At least I still get some mighty nice stares and compliments wearing my Fleuvogs while pushing the stroller. ;P

 
At 3:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those were fun times! The jury of Byrdie is in and has decided LA Goths rock harder than NY ones. I still love my NY homies a lot, but I miss the clothes, the DJs, the crazies, the baldheaded man with goggles, Eric...no...Kevin with the blue dreadlox, and the hetero-drag queen. Be seeing you...I promise you that.

 
At 10:19 AM , Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

Ah...the children of the night. What sweet music they make.

I've gotta check out that club next time I'm in L.A.

KJC

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home