Thursday, August 09, 2007

Further Aventures from The Spooky Little House on the Hill

It's been a while since my last House post, so I thought I would put up some pictures of things and throw in some more Kitty Pictures , as they are darn cute. Yes, we have it all here folks! Bees, Small Animals , Movies, beautiful women in Leather!

Ok, I have decided to make a few outdoor repairs lately. For one thing the street in front of my house was boring, outdated and just plain BLAH! So I am having it re-done in yellow brick, to go with my yellow house. ( hey, if I knew how to paint vinal siding this house would NOT be yellow. I will keep the road tho ) Here are a couple pictures I took from the front of my house this morning of the progress....Or lack thereof.

( near as I can figure the way these people work is to start at 6:00am and work until one finally gives up trying to sleep and then they stop for the day )






I think that Gardens are an important part of anyones castle, and I have been working extensively in mine this summer , despite the heat. I am going for a sort of Adams Family motif.



As you can see from the next photo, I have gotten some new furniture and moved away from the old Victorian style. The Cats seem to think it was put there just for them, but I still think it adds something to the sun room. And I found out if you hide cheese all over it, you can then sit and eat your OWN dinner without providing for the entire, uh, pride. ( what is a family of cats anyway??? )

( and yes, Freaky Venus Seaweeds eyes really do glow like lazor beams...)



Here is a shot of Misty-Girl expressing her feelings about some of Freaky Venus Seaweeds antics.....



And here is one of Freaky Venus Seaweed expressing her views on life so far... " I eat, I sleep , I rend and kill, not necessarily in that order.." ( told you her eyes glowed, this is no Kitty , but an ALIEN from Venus! Note the scratches all over my feet )




Well there you have it. Tomorrow ( Friday ) I am taking some time off work in the afternoon before my ( seriously weird and somewhat daunting gig, ) and going to the Movies.

You should too.

Love, Freaky Kitties and Stardust,
Lorraine

PS Yes, for those of you wondering, it is ENTIRELY possible I have been working too hard....Hee-hee!

10 Comments:

At 6:57 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

Thanks for the pix, Lorraine.... it is SUCH a cute little vicious space-kitty.

Love the 'Adams Family Motif' ... very chic. you need some roses with the buds cut off and bizarre tombstones if you want to go all the way.

Didn't you know that is the work-ethos of all city/construction workers?.... get to work at an ungodly hour, make a MOUNTAIN of noise as early as possible, and then have coffee breaks for the rest of the day, between chatting with each other. In my experience if you see a crew of three city workers one of them will be working while the other two sip drinks and discuss the quality of work being done in front of them.

yes... I'd say 'pride' is correct.

 
At 7:23 PM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

Tomorrow we have the added feature of the garbage men. Now THEY can really get going and they start even earlier. I am thinking of actually recording them and useing the sound of breaking glass on the next cd.

They can really get going. It's like recycling Olympics out there, NO glass will remain unbroken!

xxxxLorraine

 
At 8:59 PM , Blogger elionwyr said...

House-stuff-wise:

I found this and think it's quite wonderful:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/gear/8122/

"Umm...why is the kitchen faucet dispensing blood?"

*innocent smile*

 
At 9:41 PM , Blogger Yoga Gal said...

Love, love, love those dead hahnging plants! And your house looks so cat friendly. Thanks for the view of your lovely home.

 
At 10:59 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

Well, you see my comment WOULD have dwelt upon the bane of early morning garbage men except that, in the heat of the summer, the garbage men and all the other local city workers are on strike in my neck of the woods (and have been for a while)... however that doesn't prevent the construction from continuing at my work... they have been at it since... um... last October? who would have thought a deck and fence would take so long... and they haven't even started on the garage or the indoor basement work!!!

mwaahahahahahaaa elionwyr (how is that pronounced anyway?) I love the link... wish I owned a faucet I could do that to.

 
At 11:33 PM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Glad to see that it's not only the Italians doing it. Mind you, they do have the heat as an excuse and they really only can work comfortably until ten but it is a nuisance.

Have those hanging baskets reported you for cruelty yet ? Those dead branches would look great hanging from skull shaped pots. I wonder if they make some of those in Mexico...

 
At 6:28 AM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

SO need that!!! Yesssss.....A Blood Faucet.....Oh yessss......

I maintain, and will continue to do so, that the death of the Petunias was accidental, and not a design concept.

Based on this mornings Recyclling concert, I would say my garbage men are well on thier way to a successful carrer on the alt charts.

xxxLorraine

 
At 10:39 AM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Well, accidental or not, spray them with black and silver paint and they'll look great come Halloween with spiders hanging...

I see Misty looking good if a little annoyed at little Venus' antics. I thought your other cats had been sent into pension ?

 
At 2:52 PM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

Well, I kept Misty. The other two went back to my Bosses, where they will be much happier. They are very old, and don't play well with other, so they have their own area now and are happy.

Venus is meant to be a friend for Misty, and I am sure once she settles down a bit all will be well.Misty likes her, Venus just gets a little wild somtimes.

Misty an I share this opinion....

 
At 8:07 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

That is one, cute, adorable alien kitten.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home