Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Venus In Furs.......



Home now from New York, and a bumpy ride it was! Thunderstorms, plane issues, missed flights and lost luggage.....( the luggage has since turned up! )

New York, by contrast was wonderful, magic, exciting, and more fun than I can ever say. I learned SO much about the whole film process, and working with Kimberly, Byrdie, Ashley was pure joy from start to finish. They have such great eyes, and ideas, and will go as long and hard as they need to , to make something very, very good. I can't wait for you all to see this!

This is a quick post now, but remind me to tell the tale of Chris's Homeless Pants. They were a work of art they were.

Anyway....

Meet my new friend, a 12 week old Bengal Kitty. I'll do some better pictures for you, when she settles down a bit, she's kind of shy still. When my Boss saw her he said I should name her Venus, as that was where she looked like she was from. A total alien she is. Very rare too, as she is Blue and not brown. Her last name is Seaweed, courtesy of Kimberly , who was kidding, but it seems to fit. ( another story for you when I have some time, ah, yes, the ocean is FULL of seaweed )

Venus Seaweed. Who knew?

Love and Kitties,
Lorraine

11 Comments:

At 4:11 PM , Blogger ivenotime said...

Venus is a cutie, can't wait to see more pics of her. Sounds like New York was fun, glad your luggage returned safe and sound - NW seems to be pretty good at locating it, about as good as they are at losing it! Ahhh, yes, I remember a snowstorm in Minneapolis, stranded, luggage lost, with nothing but glass in my carryon... The video will be great fun to see - Malena, hope your trip back was safe and uneventful.

 
At 4:22 PM , Blogger kali_licious said...

Awwwww you got the new baby!
She's adorable..and I think Venus Seaweed is a fine name.

Sorry about the plane stuff..when Mercury is retrograde sometimes the travel system goes all haywire. At least you got home safe and sound AND got your luggage.

Can't wait to see the video1:)

 
At 4:54 PM , Blogger Yoga Gal said...

Thank you for sharing the photo of your new kitten! She looks just darling and her name seems to be a perfect fit! Sorry to read out your traveling mishaps. I use to think that air travel was all so glamorous, I had to learn the hard way it isn't! Blessed be that you and your luggage are back to the comforts of home! Namaste!

 
At 3:31 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

What a cute likkle cat!

I'm glad to hear that you and your luggage have made it home at last. I have travel complications.

 
At 8:49 AM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Ciao Venus !
Glad to have some news and that all is well and back in tracks.

 
At 12:39 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

I'm sure Ms. Venus Seaweed will live up to her name, which means you're in for an interesting time. ;) Hope she and the other cats are getting along well together.

Glad your luggage found its way home! Hope you've been able to get some rest. :)

 
At 1:39 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

AWWWWWWwwwww she's adorable... and Venus Seaweed is a great name... love the randomness.

Glad to hear you are home safe.

 
At 2:45 PM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

Misty, the Amazing Shaved Cat, ( whose hair is growing back, thanks be! ) is not at all sure that Venus Seaweed is a Good Idea.

She tends to run away tho, rather than attack. Venus Seaweed thinks Misty might be her Mother, and wants to get to know her better.

Venus is still hiding out in the Safe Cat Area I havee set up, but seems more friendly, and is doing some Yowling at me when I come home.

 
At 4:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

MOG!!! TEH KYOOOOT!!1!1ONE!

What a beauteous little girl! And I think I can speak for several people when I say that I can't wait to see the results of the New York trip either. =)

 
At 12:14 AM , Blogger Malena said...

More pics of the baby kitty please! Oh how darling the little fluffy is.
I have some fun photos to share very soon.
XOXOXO
Malena

 
At 9:49 AM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

On a completely unrelated matter, but one you might enjoy, I 've just stumbled upon the site of Punshingdaisies on Boingboing.
Originaly attracted here by the promise of skull shaped cupcake tins, I was completely hooked by the wacky humour of the place and in particular this lovely toilet brush...
Have a roam, there loads of goodies for Halloween too.
To think I' d just bought some skullballerines to match the neckties i got from the LaMie store...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home