Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Happy Birthday Malena!!!!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW Hidden Variable songs here!

Ok, ok, so TODAY is our Malena's 26th Birthday! For some bizarre reason I thought her Birthday was on Thursday. Not sure why, but I thought I had two more days to come up with a really amazing Blog for her, but alas, she has informed me no no no, it is TODAY.

So here goes....It's time you knew the Truth....

Malena was born in 1124 ( at least that's as far back as we have records ) in a small cave on top of a very high mountain. Born to WHAT the record does not show, but we do know that from an early age, she could not abide the Sunlight , Evil or Mushrooms. ( contrary to popular Myth, her kind CAN go out in the Sunlight, they just don't LIKE it. )

The records of her early years are sporadic and incomplete, but we do know that she spent some time in England at the Court of Kind Henry the 8th and it was said that having seen her once , and that from across the room, no women ever satisfied him again. ( hence all those darn Wives )

Malena sings. She may have in fact been the first singer. It is suggested the stars appeared in the sky for the first time, upon hearing her sing for the first time, tho that may , in fact be Wimsey and a Folktale. Some scholars believe that the Sirens Song that lured so many to their deaths outside of Greece was Malena singing to Mermaids, it is known they love music and were great friends of hers. Ulysses's is the only known mortal to have escaped alive, which he did by stopping his ears with wax.

Speaking of which, it is generally not known, but true , that Beethoven , the great composer, was having nothing but trouble one night, and went for a walk to clear his head, under the full moon one evening, and met with her. It is said that the next day, tho deaf from that night on, he began the greatest of all periods of his career.

Not much is remembered of her travels until the early 20th century when she landed in New Orleans, having followed an alligator shape shifter named Maurice. It was there she met up with the legendary ( if not semi-mythical ) duo, Pansy Smith and Violet Jones. They are in fact, the only two musicians known to have encountered her and not only lived to tell the tale, but go onto greatness. Before they disappeared.

It is popularly accepted that Malena can move between the worlds and is as comfortable in Fairy ( or any other realm, who are we, as mortals , to say ? )as she is in this one.

Malena is currently enjoying " life" as a singer and actress, growing strange herbs in garden at night, and smiling secret smiles when asked where it is she lives by day. I can tell you this, it is a crypt, in a dark and secret place, filled with her friends, most of which are bats, and one of which...

Is me.

Happy Birthday Malena!!!!!!!

21 Comments:

At 11:00 AM , Blogger Rubius said...

I heard that the nightingale once overheard Malena's voice and now sings in her honour every evening... that's why the nightingale's song is so spectactularly beautiful... she tries to imitate Malena.

Love the bio.. L. You are truly Fab.

 
At 12:29 PM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Weeeeeeeee!
I'g go on and throw confettis all over the pace, but then it would be a mess and who'd do the cleaning ?
Happy birthday again Malena and all that.
N.

 
At 1:20 PM , Blogger K said...

Happy birthday dear Maleee-na, happy birthday to you!

What it is to be a myth in your own lifetime...

Somehow I know you're going to have a wonderful and magical day. Enjoy!

 
At 4:20 PM , Blogger Yoga Gal said...

"She walks in beauty like the night.." Also, little known about Malena's legend is the fact that she was the inpsiration for that beautiful poem by Lord Byron as well as the dark lady sonnets of Shakespeare. Happy birthday dark lady!

 
At 7:10 PM , Blogger kali_licious said...

Happiest Happy Birthday Malena!:)

 
At 8:51 PM , Blogger elionwyr said...

Oh, good, I'm not too late yet..!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MALENA!!

May the day have brought you much joy, love, magic, and music!

*hug*

- Dusti

 
At 9:40 PM , Blogger Malena said...

Thanks everyone! I am just finishing my tail for the video shoot. I will be announcing the corset winners before friday. So stay tuned for that. Thanks for all your encouragement and love. I love your emails, letters and cards. it's nice to know I'm loved for something other than my exterior. Soon, I will be singing for all of you. Thanking of each of you and sending you magic!
Mermaid Malena

 
At 3:26 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

Happy birthday, Malena!

I hear that Malena, after a jealous Edison used an enlargement ray to make her 80 feet tall, was snuck into the States from France inside the Statue of Liberty, so that Tesla could shrink her back.

 
At 6:52 AM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

UH, Dan...Actually that was me.....

 
At 10:15 AM , Blogger Rubius said...

lol

... that's great

 
At 12:07 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

The music is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I can't wait... I CAN'T WAIT!!! I love it. You were right.. it is haunting.... it is exquisite. Thanks for the song-bits. Malena, your voice is so rich.. it is like double fudge.

 
At 12:34 PM , Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

Happy Birthday Malena!

 
At 4:57 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

Songs! Yay! Commence rocking out.

 
At 7:23 AM , Blogger scored4life said...

Happy Birthday beautiful one! I too am anxiously awaiting the release of the full album! I can hardly wait to see the video too! I think I'll end all of my sentences with exclamation points! Yeah, that will be cool! *Shakes head at self and signs off*

 
At 11:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happiest of birth days. You almost share one with my brother, a very special person to me (he was the 20th of June). Anxious to see/hear/experience your new music. Have fun with your creative crew!

 
At 3:05 PM , Blogger Malena said...

CONTEST WINNERS ARE poasted on my blog!!!

Each of these ladies will recieve a corset, and goodies from the LaM store. More details on the blog.

Lorraine bought me a BAT for my birthday. He's so cute! ohhhh I love him. Now I have to name him. And believe me, he IS a he. No question there. He has the same wings as Nocturna. Maybe we're related!He's brown and has the face of a wolf. Maybe Paul and I are related!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 11:45 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

lol... Malena-you are so cool. Congrats to the winners!!! Lorraine that is SUCH a fabulous gift. What a neat idea... but then you are full of great ideas (both of you) and I think I have come to expect GREAT things from you always. Keep up the good work. I really love the new music.

Names... how about Grim, or Webwing, or Wolflye, or Mango, or Nox (I like Nox... and Mango).

As for the lost and found corset, it ended up that it did belong to the fashionably goth household with the two identical kitties (identical except that one is friendly and the other's not). Unfortunately it was not quite as lurid a story as had played in my mind... the lady in question had had an er.. liquid evening and upon returning home by taxi she didn't notice her corset (that she had earlier taken off) falling from her bag... ah well. I bet everyone reading this blog could come up with a juicier one than that. Spacedlaw.. that scarecrow pic was Wonderful.. I just love it.

 
At 7:03 AM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

It IS a pretty cool little Bat and it does look mostly just like her. I knew she wanted it, but wouldn't get it, one CLICK on the computer and there we have it!

 
At 8:29 AM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

What? A REAL bat?

 
At 9:37 PM , Blogger kali_licious said...

Ooooo I just listened to the new stuff..amazing!

I can't wait to see what video mayhem you two get up to either.

 
At 11:24 PM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

It , uh, WAS a real bat......You can buy anything on Ebay.

Just got home from my gig. GODS what a goofy night! There were police there for the wedding ( hey these things are deadly! ) and I made them laugh saying I thought they were there to arrest us for improper use of a stage, hee-hee.

I'll try and do a proper blog tomorrow, and I am sure at some point before Sunday I will get everything done and pack and be ready to get on a Plane.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home