Saturday, May 05, 2007

Red, Dead and Cuddley

CUTENESS!
















Miss Fabulous sent me the cutest box of goodies. We are celebrating her hair, since she is the only one out of the two of us who can use color. My hair is stubborn black. It doesn't color, it just goes pumpkin orange and falls out. Back in high school I wore every color in my "Bruise Pallet". These days, it's plain black. So we must look to Fabulous Lorraine for our hair fashion tips. He ehee.





Check out the t-shirt! Dead and Cuddley!!! That's me!! I have worn it for 3 days now. I already managed to get blood on it, but hey it's a goth chic shirt. I figure it will add to the charm.






I AM dead after this last shoot. Wait till you see my rodeo queen photos. Ye ha baby. I wore Fablo's pink wool cowboy hat for the full effect. I even had the rodeo wave down, much to Miles surprise. (I did come from the wild west, much to people's surprise. No exotic blood here really, just a Welsh wench.)


The city mouse has learned much from her fire haired country friend. Thanks to Fablo, I don't run from bees anymore, I grow my own lettuce and tomatoes and I can make brownies from scratch, well kind of. (I have the book that tells me HOW, I haven't actually done it yet) We mice are getting our gardens ready. Hers is filled with edible things, mine is filled with poisonous things, mostly. Not the roots, just the leaves! wink, nudge.






Here in the "city" everyone gets burgled or robbed. Somehow with the arsenal of swords, guns and knives we own, not to mention both of our tempers, I'm not to worried. (But explaining that to our neighbors without sounding like skin head nut jobs is another story.)People in the new age community ask me if I'm afraid of the "spiritual energies" Miles draws and "brings in to our home". What? Like he's channeling Satan? Sorry no, Satan lives down the block and designs brat doll movies. (seriously, his real name is Bob Lizarraga) http://www.lizarraga.net/ I like saying hello to him using his nickname though. Almost Everyone over 50 turns their head with worry. If I did see a scary TEVES "energy" hanging out here, I'd tell the dude to guard the house!







We went looking at houses and I told Miles when we get our "compound", I want a 20 foot cement wall with razor tape on the top and a sign that says, "unannounced visitors will be tortured and shot". He disagreed. He thought a tribe of Aboriginal warriors with blow darts would be more fun and less traceable. For now, the life size Darkness Bust saves us from most pushy missionaries and "Good lord, you need saven'! " types, not to mention the minions of Satanic Beings just flying around the neighborhood waiting to be discovered by Miles Teves. Right? Amen sister. If they only knew what kind of people we really were, they would be so disappointed. But then, there would be nothing to gossip about. So, I'm happy to provide constant entertainment for the fear-mongering idiots of the world. I mean, what would Vampira say?















Shake it.... says Malena
__________________________________________




Lorraine the Red Haired Gardener here......
I have just enough energy left to add to this before falling into bed.Had a long hard far away gig last night. Some gigs are magic and wonderful and everyone is into you and the music is on on on and the people are as much a part of it all as you are. And some gigs are work. I worked last night. ( tho at one point a Party Bus of women pulled up, all dressed in Sombreros and such, with a bride to be. We played Mexican music for them. Irish actually, but hey, like at that point they knew the difference???? They were fun anyway. )






Today my belly dancing horticulture friend Gretchen came over and planned Yard and Garden. Also planted three huge lilac bushes, one unknown tree which MIGHT be a plum or a crabapple, a Clematis Vine and a pot of Pansies, and hung up twp purple petunia baskets. I am not so very into Grass as the main feature of Lawn. I want all sorts of wild and magic spreading things and lots of Garden and Bushes and , oh I don't know, weird things. It is going to be all wild and Fey in the back and very lovely in the front.






Between Dog and Garden, I no longer worry about workout. Just staying awake and upright, or heck just upright, for work and gigs. ( which , as I mentioned, are sometimes work. )The Veggies are all doing all one could hope for too. Country Thing that I am. I haven't quite got Malena's Style down , when it comes to Gardening, no high heels and corsets, but I think long black dress and top hat pictures could very well be showing up here soon.I love my Witchy Little House on the Hill!!!!!!!!!!( and even tho they are not needed here, where people hardly ever even lock doors, I think the Warriors With Blow Darts would add a certain something to any establishment!)


Love and Gardens,

Lorraine

18 Comments:

At 9:58 PM , Blogger Yoga Gal said...

Lorraine; you look beautiful and where oh where do you get that sexy, seductive look from? I envy you! Your hair looks great and this tiny 105 pound woman wishes she could fill a T-shirt the way you do! Thanks for sharing your adventures! Oh, Malena, you look hotter than hell in that sexy black leather dress but isn't leather rather hot to wear? Oh, well you look beautiful as well! Namaste.

 
At 11:52 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

Gorgeous hair L, I think you have that hot Alyson Hannigan thing going on (if you don't mind me saying so)... M, as usual you are stunning... and I love all the gothwear, T's, leather, etc... but erm... pink wool cowboy hat??? that I gotta see to believe.

M, with the positive energy you and Miles both inspire I would hope that your home is full of warmth and glad tidings. Whispering neighbours only means that they recognize your family is worth noticing.


Congrats on the gardening L, there is nothing quite like digging deep in your own soil, getting back to your own roots, as it were.

 
At 7:18 AM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

The week before I actually met Malena in person, I did a week in Texas playing old country and western music at a convention for builders ( paid for most of our first cd, folks, , kid you not )

They took us out and bought us three changes of COMPLETE costumes to play in. Of course I got a pink cowboy hat! And of course I gave it to Malena when I met her a week later...

 
At 7:53 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

Looking hawt, Lorraine! I love the skully with the pink hairbow.

We are working full-tilt on our yard. It's slowly starting to take shape. ("Chaos" is a shape, right?) Lori likes to just stick stuff out on the lawn oriented in all directions; I like to terrace and create level areas first. It's a creative struggle.

 
At 11:59 AM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Belly dancing horticulture ?
No wonder you are tired...
Do you belly dance too, Lorraine ?
I used to when I was living in Holland and it was such great fun.

Hair is looking good and I am so jealous of Malena's dress that I off to sulk in a corner of my computer.

Nathalie

 
At 4:57 PM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

If by look you mean the hair, I got it at Hair Police in Minneapolis, from Aime, takes three hors. The next hair will be 5 hours and cost some serious money and it will be darn well worth it!

Now just who is Alyson Hannigan? Then I'll tell you if I mind, hee-hee...

I am loveing the gardening! I am pretty tired all the time, there is SO much to do, but I can't wait till it's done. I should take some before photos for you and then after ones, so you can see my genius gardening skill. ( IE Hire Gretchen!!! and get her to tell you what to do)

I have taken belly dancing lessons , I am not the Diva at it but it sure is fun. I used to play violin for a troup that Gretchen danced in. Our ex drummer in Folk Underground played drums for it and that's how I met Paul. Author Steve Brust was in it, and that was the stage Emma slipped on and broke both her arms...Ah, memories.

Gig tomorrow night. Don't much like the mid week gig thing, but between hair and garden, I need the work...Read about it over at paulandlorraine.com

 
At 5:52 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

Today was what I consider to be the first WARM day of summer-like weather here... and my plants need some serious tending. I live in a rooftop bachelorette apartment in the city so most of my jungle is inside (and sometimes it really is a jungle in here... complete with tigers) but the Royal Lily on the deck that didn't bloom last year looks promising this spring. It looks like I am becoming proficient in the forget-about-it-and-let-the-rain-water-it school of gardening.

Alyson Hannigan played 'Willow' in Buffy... and it is certainly meant as a compliment since she is probably my fav character from that series... and I always think she looks hawt (and of course she is witchy-galore).

Nathalie, anyone would be jealous of that dress... it is spectacular. I think I am jealous of you, living in Italia and knowing how to bellydance. I LOVE ITALY and I've always wanted to try bellydancing... just haven't had the opportunity pop up yet.

Malena, got the soaps in the mail. Thank you thank you. What a lovely package... and it smells even better than I could have imagined. Super kawaiiiiiiii.

 
At 6:43 PM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

Willow rules! Love the compliment!

And you know, you can buy that dress on Alter Ego.....

 
At 8:43 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

You both look fantastic! :)
I even saw pink polka dot skull with black crossbones iron ons in Michael's today and thought about you two. And the t-shirts from Bahaia's HOT Tribal Belly Dance Camp this year feature a skull wearing a fez surrounded by flowers and paisleys.

I've had two irises bloom this year, one has had four blossoms. :) The day lilies are currently starting to bloom. The lavender has put up spikes, so blooms soon. Unfortunately, the veggies are still sitting on the front porch waiting to be put in the garden due to, well, several things. There's always the rest of the week and the weekend. :)

Hope everyone is well, or at least, getting better.

 
At 10:29 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

:-)

on a floral note: for fairyland groundcover I think I would plant periwinkles (vinca) if your climate supports it (although it is considered invasive)... and I would cast a vote for a lilac bush. The massive purple one below my window smells incredible this time of year.

although I started on lilies last spring, I bought iris bulbs galore for my mom for xmas. I adore irises because of a painting my dad did of one years ago. I loved Malena's photo of her gorgeous deep purple iris last year.

 
At 2:55 AM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Good luck with the mid-week gig, Lorraine.
And get some REST too !

 
At 6:57 AM , Blogger Gretchen said...

Hello everyone! I figured I'd better pop-up and say hi since Lorraine outed me right here on her blog (she's a notorious trickster, that one!)

The garden will be truly magical especially since we happened across the cutest little toothless gnome and his gnome family selling their plants at a little stand on Main Street. They were obviously proud of their stock and with very good reason! Every bloom looked positively lush and perfect. You bought directly from the folks that seeded those plants, my dear. Up the little guy!

Happy Tuesday everyone; smiles and good vibes to all!

 
At 8:07 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm with you Rubius, I have some vinca, which is trying to spread, and 3 lilac bushes which are starting to blossom. My iris bulbs have about petered out, I need to replant this fall. Just about everything that lives well here was given to me and planted by my sister-in-law, she was an amazing gardener, and it is unfortunate it did not rub off on me. Ladies, wonderful pics - ok, i am curious, what kind of hair takes 5 hours? do you take a break for snacks? Will Gretchen the good garderner move to Michigan? answers, we need answers.....:)

 
At 8:08 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I give up. blogger bites. DAN!!!!

 
At 9:10 PM , Blogger Yoga Gal said...

The question on today's web page Pet of the Day was does your pet sleep in your bed? Just wondering if your critters sleep with you?

 
At 9:19 PM , Blogger Malena said...

No my dogs do not sleep with me. I love them, but they are stinky.

 
At 12:39 AM , Blogger kali_licious said...

Love the hair Lorraine..the color really suits you! If the next hair is gonna take 4 hours..hmmm dreads? or just colored extentions? ;)
Bellydancing lessons are the best (if I may say so, in my highly biased opinion;). I'm getting ready to go back to classes with my former teacher to get my butt back in motion.

*waves hello to Gretchen* Woohoo, more dancers!

I lovelovelove that "Dead And Cuddly" shirt, Malena.
I'm trying to imagine you in a pink cowboy hat..did they give you hot pink chaps to match?;)lol

Wow! I just looked at the news and I hope you and yours are all far away from the fire at Griffith's park, Malena.

 
At 1:00 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

My cat sleeps with us, and is strictly inside. Our cats have always slept with us. The dog sleeps and lives outside.

Hi, Gretchen!
"Got Hips!" ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home