Monday, July 16, 2007

At Last



Both Lorraine and I are finally home from our whirl wind adventure. I thought you would want to see some of the stills from the RAW footage. Kimberly Butler is an "actor's director". She was fanastic to work with and we are so thankful! We had many different locations, none were sets. They were all real, secret hideaways found by Kim and her team. Look at these magical stills....
Here we have the sea serpent of Fire Island. She heard a violin's song in the distance and the melody beconed her to shore.
Once on land, she immediately felt lonely for the sea, witnessing the cruel human world around her.











A hem....ok that's the sappy "movie talk". What really happened? We worked like dogs, froze our butts off in the cold atlantic, and had deer ticks crawling up our skirts. This is how I felt about it...EXCITED, yet whale like. Kim is trying to "throw me over her shoulder" with fatal results.

After the first makeup test, I was suddenly possessed by the spirit of Ozzy Osborne, or was it Bob McKenzie from Strange Brew? Hmmmm.
Here we have our little sea serpent, using her breasts as floatation devices.











I'm sure the boys on the ferry will never be the same. Joking aside, this is a beautiful still.



I loved how I could hear the sand sway as the waves came in. This video is going to be so magic. I have so many fond memories, I don't know where to begin. I've been home 24 hours now and I still can't find my toothbrush. Jetlag has finally set in so I guess we'll share the photos in increments.



I loved pretending to be a princess, a fairy and a mermaid. What else could a small town girl ask for? YES! We had brownies too. Thanks to our amazing stylist's Aunt.

Check myspace for more photos.

13 Comments:

At 6:09 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

Welcome home!

I seriously cannot *wait* to see this video now. Those pictures look amazing. It looks like you had an amazing, cold, hard-working adventure.

 
At 6:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home, my goth fairies. Can't wait to see the magic and hear more stories.

 
At 8:03 AM , Blogger Akillianna said...

you guys look wonderful! I'll bet it was a wild ride that will come out as a divine work of art!
Waiting to see it all come together. congrats. :)

((Lorraine, are there more pics of you too?))

 
At 9:56 AM , Blogger Rubius said...

Gorgeous shots... .I just echo Danth... can't wait... can't wait!!! It's gonna be great! It looks too beautiful to imagine.

 
At 1:14 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

the more I look at them... the more magical the shots become.

 
At 1:43 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

Add me to the non-waiting list!

So...when is the potential air date? :)

 
At 2:14 PM , Blogger Malena said...

we don't know when it will be finished. Like good marinara sauce, these things take time. I'll keep you posted though. The reason there aren't very many pics of Lorraine is...she was busy off camera making sure I wouldn't drown. Seriously. AND SURE ENOUGH, she did save my life in the ocean. She saves me constantly. She's got a few scenes on the warf that are magic, and some in the city too! Never fear, Fablo is here! More pics soon.

 
At 5:03 PM , Blogger Yoga Gal said...

Well, not certain what the finished film looks like but one thing for sure Malena is a bloody Goddess!

 
At 9:39 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

I have to say, I especially love the Malena-fae by Moonlight.

 
At 10:37 PM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Thanks for the picture fest, Malena!
Welcome home and all.

 
At 9:25 AM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

I really like the off camera end of things...In every shot of Malena I was right there, just out of the shot, ready for , well, anything. Very good thing it was!

 
At 7:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The stills are absolutely gorgeous. Can't wait to see the final product. Somehow I can't get over the "possessed" pic... seems like "the real Malena" coming through (not that you're possessed, exactly, but that you're silly enough to look possessed... or something).

Jetlag bites. WELCOME HOME!

 
At 10:19 AM , Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

Sounds fascinating! I look forward to seeing the video when it's done.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home