Sunday, October 14, 2007

Pink Claws and Fathers

Lots of fun today , tho I am pretty beat from the gigs this weekend ( but, oh man, you know it's going to be a good gig when three Zombies show up and sit right up front , I gave them a Table Drum solo at one point, during Bally Bay....Being proper Zombies, they had only two actual words " Brains and Pint " I loved them SO! Malena would have kept them as pets, oh for a camera!!!! )

Freaky Venus Seaweed got her Softpaws today ( Thank you Hera!!!! ) HA! Now let's see her stalk me, stalk away, Venus, I am not your prey!!!! Keep in mind this Claws of Doom Jungle Cat is only half grown...Those claws don't ( didn't! ) mess around!



Here is a picture that more accurately reflects Venus' feelings on the entire process....



I got together with my Dad today, for the first time in years, which was such a good thing, it made me happy. He came out to my Spooky House and I gave him tea and cupcakes. I wish he was in town longer. He is a Doctor, and very distinguished and dignified, as you can see from this Father Daughter Photo Booth picture.



Ok, here is a better one..( Well maybe not BETTER , hard to beat the effects tab on Photo Booth ) I love you, Dad! ( of course, this new-found feeling of love and re-connecting may not out last me posting the previous picture , hee-hee.... ) My favourite moment was when I opened Photo Booth to take these and he said " You're about to tell me your computer takes pictures, aren't you.. "



Now I am having some serious couch time with a lovely special on " Tornados and How to Chase Them " ( handy info, that , one never knows... )

Freaky Venus Seaweed and Misty-girl have curled up on the Stardust costume, which is currently residing on the dinning room table , awaiting my dressmakers mannequin for proper display, and I have turned on my fire. It being nearly FIVE in LA, Malena should soon be creeping from her Crypt and posting some comments on the big Party last night, and perhaps ringing me to give me a full report ( YES! That was a HINT, Girl! )

Love and Fathers and Pink Clawed Kitties, Lorraine

16 Comments:

At 5:59 PM , Blogger Kitty Cat said...

wow! what a great Father/Daughter moment, i am so glad you two got some time together.
yes, that kitty looks peeved. she will have some plans for ye, mistress of the quiche...
here is some of the night posted:
furrytiger

 
At 6:13 PM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

Mwwwhahaha! She has no Talons of Doom now!!!!! I win.

( may regret that statement...)

Great pics!!!!! Wish I had been there..Ah, Halloween is so magic!

 
At 6:24 PM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

Those softpaws are a hoot!

 
At 6:30 PM , Blogger Beez said...

Awww, Freaky Venus is so adorable, Misty is so adorable, Lolo and dad are so adorable......

*dissolves into a puddle of goo*

Now to peruse the party pics.

"brainnnssss and pints"

bwah

 
At 6:40 PM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

I told the Zombies " I don't know if you are dressed for Hallowen or if that is just what you look like but either way, I am SO all about you guys! "

Zombies rule.

 
At 9:19 PM , Blogger Yoga Gal said...

Talk about pretty in pink!

 
At 10:03 PM , Blogger Hera said...

Yes the pink is gorgeous! (I would get killed if I put Brjann in anything other than black or grey.. but I'm thinking blue would be cool for the summertime..)

isn't it wonderful?!
I love the tap-dance noise that follows when they walk on a wooden floor :)

 
At 12:31 AM , Blogger Malena said...

I'm sure your Dad is very proud of you. I love the pink nails.

 
At 4:21 AM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Poor little pink pawed Venus. I thought you might have gone for a more exotic colour to better match her "seaweed" nature.
That last picture is really cute.

Great twisted moment with you Dad (he looks a lot like French writer Erik Orsenna). Glad to hear you had a good time.

Yay for zombies!

 
At 6:53 AM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

I thought about a lot of different colours, but Pink kept being the one. Kind of like my hair tho, they can change every 6 weeks or so, Venus will be stylin!

Malena has pics up over at www.malenateves.com of the big Pah-te, and a full report. Sure did sound like some fun, kind of wish I had been there, tho if I am not on stage, I am really shy...( Kid you not )

 
At 8:06 AM , Blogger Malena said...

Yes, Fablo the famously entertaining fiddling Deva is shy. I am too most of the time. I really missed her at the October Shadows Party. So, when you read my blog you will know it is Lorraine I am talking about when I say "we were missing a few key players"

Now, I'm thinking of putting red softpaws on my dog Stanzi.

 
At 8:30 AM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Do they make teeth versions of these soft paws ?
Our new kitten is not a clawer but does he bite! Tiny piranha-like teeth he has...

 
At 10:44 AM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

I knew you were talking about me, Malena!!! It's funny how we are really truly both shy. Dorks we are the pair of us, except when we are on stage, and then full on DIVAS!!!!!!!!!!!

Spacelaw, have the teeth removed, I did and it works great, no more biting!!!! Of course, you must then feed then very soft food, and they look pretty weird....

( I slay myself! )

They do make Softpaws for dogs, Stanzi would be SO cute!!!!!!!!!

Hera, who would kill you? Brjann or your family? I think he would be cute in Orange maybe or Orange and black. Do you have any pics of yr Freaky Kitty with the Softpaaws, if you send me one I will post it...

I think next time I re-do them I might go Rainbow, kind of like my hair used to be. ( kind of miss that rainbow hair, Malena called it " Peacock Hair " )

 
At 3:46 PM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

Spacelaw,

I didn't know you lived in Italy. Can you drop me a note at lorraineamalena@gmail.com ? I have been trying to find someone over there who could do me a favour.....The rewards would be beyond your wildest dreams!!!!!!!

( well, maybe not quite that, but I would be greatful an it's not that big a deal. )

 
At 6:08 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

the softpaws are very cute. Love the cat pix. Rainbow would be FABULOUS... just like you!!

It is nice to see you and your dad together. I can tell you are proud of your dad and you are certainly a daughter to be proud of.

I am proud of my dad too, he is an artist and you can see his paintings at http://members.shaw.ca/dfgray/

 
At 6:57 AM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Done !
If you haven't got it check your spam folder.
N.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home