Monday, October 15, 2007



Hera
sent me a picture of her and Brjann. She and I have the freaky-est Kitties going. ( if we win the Freaky Kitty Contest, Malena wins hands down the Freaky Dog contest with her Bat-frog-dogs...Maybe she will post some pics...)

I have been going thru a lot of " Just one more Kitty " lately, and thinking about a marbled blue Bengal, since I love them, but I have just been surfing the web this evening, and I am getting LURED by this Sphynx Breed. Suspected it before this, and am now sure. I am going to have a good think about it, but I sure would love to have one.

The only thing I worry about is how Freaky Venus Seaweed and Misty-girl would take to a little Sphynx Girl. They are both pretty young and it is a large enough house.

And Hera, you are right, black Softpaws is that way to go with Brjann, I forgot his paws were white. I would want one just like him, or dark grey with a black face and paws.

So, another baby? yes or no? I mean, I only have the two here. And my Boss's dog. And his three cats. And two tanks of fish.....And my day job and music career don't take up THAT much time....

( I count myself REALLY fortunate that one of my friends just recently started breeding and raising draft horses, and says that I can have as much time with them as I need.....another longtime love )

Love and Freaky,
Lorraine

10 Comments:

At 10:43 PM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Cute kitty... Strange but cute.

Sounds like you already have a jungle on your hands so why not another creature? Misty seems to have accepted the hyperactive Venus more or less but might welcome a new comer that would take away some of Venus unwanted attentions.
Those cats look potentially more fragile so maybe talk to a vet about that. On the other hand, if Hera's can withstand Norwegian weather, then surely Minnesotan winter should be no worries.

 
At 11:35 PM , Blogger Yoga Gal said...

My kitty; what big eyes you have! Interesting shot. Hera is a beautiful and small as a Fairy Queene! Thanks for the photo!

 
At 4:41 AM , Blogger K said...

I'm never sure quite what I think about Sphynxes. They do seem a little... unnatural. I think they're not recognised as a cat breed in the UK for that reason. But then, Cornish rexes and Manxes are mutants, too - did you know you actually can't breed two Manxes, because if they have two copies of the tail-less gene the kittens won't be viable? So all Manxes have one tailed parent.

But Hera's Sphynx is adorable nonetheless. And I find "skinny-pigs" (guinea-pigs with very little hair) very cute too - I think it's exactly because they look so naked and vulnerable. If I had one, I would worry about it being cold, though. Maybe knit it a little cashmere jacket... this could get quite ridiculous, couldn't it?

I think it sounds as though the Spooky House Kennels is quite full right now... but I understand the kitten temptation. Perfectly.

 
At 7:28 AM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

Hera is actually from Iceland, currently living in New Zealand. She knits Brjann little sweaters. I bet she would knit me one.

They do look a little fragile tho and Venus is getting huge...Ahe just attacked me, which thanks to saftpaws, now tickles, no more blood!!!

 
At 7:48 AM , Blogger Rubius said...

More kitty = more to love (can't have enough kitty love)

more kitty = more to have to worry about and clean up after and make arrangements for when you travel.

 
At 4:56 PM , Blogger Beez said...

Yeah, but is there ever such a thing as too much kitty-love?

*thinks for a moment*

Aside from being the neighborhood crazy cat lady that is?

I think you have a few years yet. *grin*

 
At 7:33 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

well, personally, I think Lorraine is superwoman enough to brave the jungle, no less the jungle's inhabitants... we all know she can do anything she puts her mind to.

 
At 9:42 PM , Blogger Hera said...

Hee hee :) yes ofcourse I'd send you a sphynx sweater right away (Brjann actually goes and gets them when he's cold.. brings them in his mouth)
Sphynxes behave like something between a monkey, a dog and a 3 year old, and it's a natural mutation that happened around 1966..

They're not as fragile as they look, it takes some time to get used to, but he's such a huge character..
(they need to be bathed once a week with baby shampoo.. and stay inside.. and sunscreen if ever outside.. yes high maintenance but they give so much back its wonderful..)

so yes I highly recommend a sphynx baby :) xox

 
At 5:44 PM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

Hera = beautiful
sphynx kitties = adorable
Hera + Brjann = BLISS

 
At 9:45 PM , Blogger Malena said...

I'd love a freaky cat like Hera's. My Boston Terrier's would love to eat one too. Not to mention the coyotes in these hills. Poo! I love the look of that freaky cat. Sign me up!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home