Friday, October 26, 2007

Fishies and Kitties, Dead or Alive

Well, I've had a few adventures today. Just as well I don't have a gig tonight, I am not sure my poor nerves could stand it. Paul has made noises about dropping by later, but for now it's me, Blade 2 ( hey , like you've never been too tired to pick up the remote and change the channel ) and PASTA for dinner.

I bought some fish today at Wal-mart ( yes, yes, I know, but it is the only place within 50 miles that has fish ) these are the ( supposedly ) live little gold swimming kind.

I bought two bags, 6 fish each. Heck, at 28 cents each, such a bargain, and my Coffee Table Fish tank was down to one little fish, and Boss's tank was looking like it could use a few more. I held up the two bags and said, which bag do you want? He picked one, and I put them both in his tank, in their bags, one on each end, to keep them straight.

Two of mine promptly died. Floating on the bottom, little crosses for eyes. Dead. No saving them.

( I suppose they expired from the extreme disappointment of NEARLY belonging to a Scream Award Winning Rock Star Icon and instead learned they were going to live in a coffee table of a mere Assistant...Can't think why else they would up and die. Picky fish. )

Having no camera, I have found this image for you, so you can see the dead-ness:



Now , of course, we have to take the bag of four live fish and two dead ones BACK to Wall Mart. I had a funny feeling it was going to be a lot like talking to the cable company....

ME: Two of these fish seem to be rather, well, DEAD.

WALMART: You don't want them? You want to return the fish.

ME: Well, I got them an hour ago, and they are clearly dead, look closely, the floating on thier backs and the little X's they have for eyes are clear indication of a deceased state.

WALMART: What? So you don't want them.

ME: Well, four of them seem pretty happy, look, swimming, eyes open, cute little things, and as I haven't had time to get very attached , how bout you take them out, see to their burial and give me two live ones in exchange?

WALMART: I'll have to call someone, can you fill out this paper work?

I got 'em, but it took some work. Feeling good about my Superpowers, when she asked if she could do anything else for me, I said, I am having some trouble with my cable bill, can we straighten that out while we're at it...???

WALMART: What?

ME: Never mind, whimsy on my part.

That was going to be about it for my day and this Blog, but when I got home, my Misty-girl and Freaky Venus , mewing about , ( a Cat euphemism for Where the HELL is Our Supper?? ) I heard more mewing, crying in fact, coming from my deck.

There was a small orange Kitty, scared and hungry crying for help. He came to me, and I gave him a bowl of food, I'd never turn down any Kitty who came to me for food, and I noticed he was wearing a collar, which he had somehow gotten his front leg thru as well. It was in the process of working it's way into the area where the leg and shoulder are, think anatomy lesson!!!! You could smell the infection.

I got him in and cut it off and got it out. ( not my favourite thing ) and the tag was a Humane Society tag, so I called and got him over there as fast as I could, and when they looked him up, they started cheering saying It's Garfield!!! She found Garfield!!!!!!

Apparently, he got out the DAY he was adopted and his owners had been searching ever since. He was such a sweet Kitty, and I am glad he has a good home. ( tho the dangers of cat collars could use a little discussion, this Kitty would not have lived much longer )

Again, camera-less, I have to fall back , again, on this from Google Images of what Kitty might have looked like in another day:



That's about it. Lost two fish, but saved a cat.

It goes that way some days..

Love and Fishies and Kitties,
Lorraine

10 Comments:

At 7:36 PM , Blogger marebare said...

Oh my Goodness! You slay me! LOL, planting trees, chasing dogs, The shovel "thing" hehe, sorry about the fish.
Bravo on saving the cat! TGIF!
Life is good,and full of fun things! Rock on & have a great weekend with your warm fuzzies!

 
At 9:10 PM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

I had forgotten about the tree planting. Next time I will have a SHOVEL and not a two foot mini spade.

It made me feel really good tho , saving the Kitty. I am not good with severe wounds, and he was badly injured. Brave, I was.

Life IS good.

 
At 9:37 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

Well done Beautiful Lady Lorraine!!!

If it had to be a trade-off, I think you brokered a good deal. $0.56 worth of fish for a whole live kitty!!!

Let's here one for the whimsy, I love the whimsy!

and, erm... thanks for not showing us an actual dead fish or cat.

(Hello marebare, nice to meet you)

 
At 9:57 PM , Blogger Yoga Gal said...

You have a good heart Lorraine, bless you for the kitty rescue! Pity about the fish!

 
At 10:49 PM , Blogger kali_licious said...

Sounds like it came out well in the end.
Your experience returning the fish went a little Python-esque for a second..
(Heehee..you tried *whimsy* on a WalMart clerk..lol)

Glad the kitten had a happy ending..poor little guy.

 
At 11:40 PM , Blogger FabulousLorraine said...

The whimsy was wasted on the clerk, but made me feel good....

 
At 4:04 AM , Blogger spacedlaw said...

Nice try ! (That's about trying your luck at getting your cable disorder settled that way).
:)

Hurray for saving kitty from a most foul death! My kitties are sending some appreciative purrs your way. I'm trying to join in the chorus but they tell me I have a weird accent. ;)
And purr off key.

Now, who would have possibly thought that being the Amazing assistant to a "scream award winning" "odd looking flower" (that last bit coming from Sharon's blog) would also include collecting, returning and trading fish? And not even for anybody's father. The mind boggles.
And tree planting too.
No wonder your days are packed.
Have yourself a great weekend.

 
At 7:05 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

Mighty Lorraine, savior of cats, unintentional slayer of fearsome zombie fish!

Charter doesn't know why they're dealing with.

 
At 7:06 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 8:58 PM , Blogger Beez said...

*applauds kitty rescue*

Though like tuaregbue the fish story sent my brain right to the Dead Parrot.

It sounds like you've certainly earned a nice weekend off. Enjoy.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home