Saturday, April 15, 2006

Saturday Morning Fun

We need Malena to wake up and tell us about this Magic Castle Event! ( the waking is not an event that is likely to occur soon, it's only NOON out there, she says, lonely for her friend, it's like living with Ladyhawk pre-curse removal )

For myself, good gig last night, not many people , but the ones who were there were wonderful and for some reason , my playing was really hot, lit that fiddle on FIRE!. Looking forward to tonight, but it is harder when there are not so many people, I need the energy! I am going to wear my hair in ponytails, at the request of one of the waitstaff, who would want to miss that????

Don't people go out on Easter weekend?

Woke up today with 6 new messages from people out at Mini Con, in Minneapolis, all with Harlan Ellison stories, very fun, including one from a group of four mad Englishmen I had never thought to hear from again, who are over to see Harlan. Blast from the past! Maybe our Sexy Libraian will come online soon and give us the scoop on the Mini Con fun? Wish I was there!

As for the rest of this day, it is truly wonderful for one thing in particular. I woke up early and realized that I did not have to DO anything for some few hours. Of course, there are things that need doing, as ever, but no one wanted me for anything, the e-mails could wait, in fact everything could wait, and not being one to let oppurtunity slide, I made juice and tea, opened all the windows, lit a candle and crawled back in bed , in the sunshine , with a completely trashy no intellectual features whatsoever novel, while the sauna heated, and had the most lovely relaxing time of it. Even the birds were singing folks.

Now I am back at work and contemplating planting peas before going off to the gig.

Hope your days are as lovely,

Love and relaxation,
Lorraine

8 Comments:

At 2:38 PM , Blogger vandaluna said...

Work hard play hard! Sounds like a lovely day.
I'd go out on Easter w/e.

 
At 5:25 PM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:13 PM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

I concur. Where's the Magic Castle update?

Have a firey time gigging tonight, Miss Fab!

Mr. Ellison leaves stories in his wake wherever he goes, I think.

Sounds like you had a lovely morning. I love mornings like that.


I will be out in L.A. the week of April 30th through May 5th or 6th. I don't want to presume on anyone's good graces, so I'd love any suggestions for things to do around town (beyond the standard tourist fare of photographing Hollywood monuments). Otherwise I'll probably be sitting in book stores for hours at a time as usual. ^_^

 
At 10:00 AM , Blogger Jodyth said...

I have finally witnessed the legend in action. I think I'm crushed out on Harlan and his lovely wife. I like smart and funny people. Himself paid me a very nice compliment which made my weekend, and I proceeded to follow him and his entourage about. Wonderful guys, and the mad Englishmen Quiche mentioned have a surprisingly sweet edge to them.

Did you know Harlan wrote an episode of the Flying Nun? It had to be re-written because it was too Jewish in tone. He wrote it so he could meet Sally Field because he thought she was hot.

He also told me and the rest of his group the funniest joke ever (which he refused to tell at Opening Cermony at the Con because the repressed Minnesotans weren't laughing hard enough at his best material). I'm awful at telling jokes, so you'll just have to take my word for it that it was very clever and funny.

Your librarian

 
At 1:33 PM , Blogger mistress mousey said...

Best Harlan jokes I've encountered are the ones where he's just sort of talking to a crowd, remembers he has a reputation to keep up, finds a person in the audience who looks like they can tolerate it, and then insults him at random, making a comment that he has to stay in form, before continuing with his chatter as if nothing ever happened. :) But then, he is a silly man.

I *wish* I didn't have to go out today. I really do care about my extended family, but I just don't like them very much. I also dislike chicken... A LOT. Guess what I'm doing tonight? Yep. Chicken dinner with the extended family. Someone knock me over the head now so I can get out of it?

 
At 9:08 PM , Blogger vandaluna said...

Chicken? I cooked lamb for dinner. I'm very squemish of eating lamb...I eat meat but I'm not crazy about it.

Spending time with family is like being locked up in a prison for a day, sooo, I spent the day sewing. Luckily, the child had Chinese school today and Easter isn't a Chinese holiday. Unfortunately, all the stores which sell material (JoAnns, WalMart and Maries) were closed. I hate being in the middle of a project and can't finish it.

I posted about LaM and Balticon on the Stephin Merritt/Magnetic Fields mailing list. Thought they might be interested. They are a good group of people. Met the list owner in Atlanta in Dec 2004. I think Balticon will have more attendees than they were expecting though.

 
At 5:32 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

I love seeing Harlan. I've never had a bad Harlan experience, for which I am very thankful.

 
At 11:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » » »

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home