Thursday, October 13, 2005

Post Mortem

Our little nocturnal creature of the night ( Malena ) is up and about and has posted the MP3 of Post Mortem on Our Love . Give it a listen. Please.

I was very happy with this one, as I first recorded it with Emma Bull , with the Flash Girls in 1993. It's a cd that is long out of print now , so it made me very happy to do the song again, with all the bits I always felt it ought to have had.

Including an Un-Dead Dixieland Jazz Band chorus at the end of it. Go figure. ( don't think THAT wasn't fun to record. Malena literally phoned in her vocals. Via a cell phone held up to the mic. )

It's the only song that ever came to me in a dream, actually. The music, not the words, those are Neil's. I was trying to find a tune for the words and dreamt one night of Tori Amos, it was just about the time her first cd came out and I dreamt she was singing Leather and the song sort of went off into the music that became Post Mortem at the end of it , and I woke up, ran downstaires and worked it out on the guitar, singing it over and over until I was sure I wouldn't forget it. I'm not sure she shouldn't have some of the credit, that Fouth Dimension stuff is strange, hee-hee.....Not sure how the rules work.

There you have that little bit of history.

Hope you enjoy.

Love and Dreams, Lorraine

3 Comments:

At 7:29 PM , Blogger ravyn said...

i like both tracks, the melody on Dark Sonnet is very haunting indeed.

But it sounds, at least on my laptop speakers, as if the sound level is a bit high, is that the MP3 file?

 
At 7:53 PM , Blogger Maure said...

The volume was noticably higher on Post Mortem, for me. But I v. much enjoyed both songs.

Oooo, also, I owe both of you chocolate and mangoes for your corset endorsing. I just got my first Alter Ego one, and am absolutely in love. I don't know if your boss shared the chocolates I sent back in spring, but I think they're wonderful.. and I believe they make a mango confection. I should bring some along to the DreamHaven signing in Nov/Dec.

 
At 11:30 AM , Blogger Maure said...

They're from a tiny little slip of a place called BonBon, a couple of blocks away from me (in Chicago). The chocolatiers are a mother and daughter. It's one of those places you really like to have nearby but almost wish weren't quite *so* nearby. It's hard just to walk past it without stopping in for just a nibble...

I'll see about sending some your way. It should be cool enough again that they won't turn into a confectiony soup in transit.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home