Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Mirror , Mirror

I am not certain that we ever mentioned the name of our little guy here at all. We are going to call it " Mirror Mirror" , for a variety of reasons. ( besides the fact that it is just a really cool thing to say ) When I first met Malena she referred to herself as a " Goth Snow White" and the phrase popped into my head
( actually she is more like a Goth Betty Crocker , truth be told ) but as we went on and became not only bandmates but best friends as well, being with her and working with her started to feel like looking into a mirror, we think that much alike.

I have never worked on a project that went this smoothly ( knock on wood it's still in production , hee-hee )I have never made a cd before where I didn't at some point , break down in the studio and cry . I have never met someone before who is not only willing to come with me where ever I want to go, musicly, but is very often there before me. Waiting for me to catch up. Of course I have never formed a band with someone, set up a website , done a photo , and booked studio time to record with someone I had never actually met in the flesh before either. Something like that is either going to be magic...Or not.

So Mirror Mirror it is.

The cover, after many different ideas, is going to be Miles' Mirror Mirror picture from our front page, with a few changes. We love that picture, and it was made some months before we actually met, which is kind of cool.

( My Boss took the picture of me in the living room .I remember when I saw the picture for the first time, I was complaining to Malena that she got to use a lovely modeling shot and I had only this one from the living room, and she said to me " I took that last night same as you. Only in the bathroom" I said " You mean you just look like that? In your bathroom? " She said, you just look like that in your living room. It was very new thought for me. )

The songs , I can say after two days of lsitening, turned out well, I think. The cd does everything that I had in my head when we set out to make it, it is the cd I wanted . ( Of course, when you have someone who can sing like Malena can, the rest of the cd could be Orcs and the thing would still be rather lovely ) Malena gets to hear it for the first time today. I hope she loves it as well.

We hope you do too.

Love and Mirrors, Lorraine

3 Comments:

At 12:53 PM , Blogger mistress mousey said...

Yay for being happy with the cd and with your bandmate! It makes all the difference in the world when the studio sessions go smoothly - it's subtle, but noticeable.

And I don't know what you'd ever have to complain about with that photo - you're gorgeous! Both of you! :)

 
At 4:46 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

OMG...I just replied to Ms. Malena's post before reading this, that the song on your website sounds like there's a dark lady singing through a mirror at someone on the other side...

I've just posted a note on my LJ for everyone I know to go visit your website and listen to the song. As my nearest and dearest are in Manila, we *will* find a way to get our hands on the CD, wretched exchange rate bedemmed.

It would seem that the word "mirror" is to bring good fortune to both you and your boss.

^__^

 
At 11:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... Tracking blackberry gps global part supplier toyota diagram

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home