Thursday, October 06, 2005

SO very close

Some news here, good and bad. We had to cut three songs from the cd today. Time is running out for mixing and it was simply to long. One of the songs, Bedlam Boys, didn't seem to fit what is going on on the rest of the cd and we all had issues with it, Malena, Adam, Leo and I , so we are saving it for the time being. Sonnet in the Dark , a lovely song I did with the Flash Girls, needs more work too, and the I Love Stephen Merrit from Lojo Russo needed to much work in the mix, so these three are out.

Good news is we are doing an EP for release along about St Patricks Day, with these and perhpas a re-mix or another song or two. So it's not all bad, and they are not GONE, just waiting for the right moment.

More good news, we finnish tomorrow no matter what happens. I have to leave by 6 for my Folk UnderGround show, but Adam and Leo are going to stay until it's done. ( Leo is Leo Whitebird, our Engineer , he and Adam are truly evil together, wouldn't make an album without either of them )

Monday we Master the thing. Which means Things get done to it, like Normalized and Finalized and Faded and all sorts of weird things I'll never understand, but it's what makes it sound all lovely.

Then Tuesday it goes to press.

Fingers Crossed......

Love and Albums, Lorraine

3 Comments:

At 5:49 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

Yay for the end being in sight! Good luck, not that this charmed collaboration needs it I think.

 
At 9:56 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Man, I cannot believe how fast you guys work. David and I work at home, so everything is electronic and on a long, long timetable. Mixing songs in 4 hours is like...well to me it's a miracle! Our mastering alone took a whole month. I'm really amazed at you guys, and congratulate you.

 
At 8:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site »

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home