Thursday, September 29, 2005

Clean Air Please!

Well, this has been a most interesting day! Both good and bad.
Fires are raging here in LA. The air is thick with smoke and it's raining ashes...the sun is blood red! Days like these make me thankful for clean air and green plants. I look at them in all their green splendor and hope they will survive the fire. Many people have been evacuated and some are without homes. I can't imagine leaving this house. Miles and I live to create and I pray we will have a place to continue our work. Of course, my house is no more important than anyone else's. Loss is loss, no matter who experiences it. So, I pray for rain! Of course, Lorraine has kept me cheery by letting me listen to the mixes. I can't believe the CD's almost finished. Yeah! She can really play, and sing, and compose, and arrange, etc, etc. I'm so lucky to be a part of this project. As I sit here coughing with my eyes watering, watching LA burn, I think of the connections I've made on this project. Friendship outlasts all triumph and tragedy, and plants the seed of positive possibilities in the minds of the troubled.
I am blessed...Now I'm off to put wet towels under the doors.

1 Comments:

At 2:58 AM , Blogger K said...

Good heavens! That second spam is pretty cheeky.

I am so sorry to hear of more trouble, and hope you are all safe. It sounds really scary... All the best.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home