Thursday, September 22, 2005

Studio things...

Un Zipped, eh? Well , my brain is certainly starting to feel a little un-zipped. The cd is going very well tho. I am sure I have much more to say on the process, but I , sadly, can't seem to think of it now. I am loving useing all the different fiddles, the electric is beyond cool ad I do think we may be the ONLY band in the history of music to use both an electric violen, complete with turbo rat and distortion AND an accoustic Hardunger violen on the same song...

Today Steve Mulligan from the Tim Malloys comes in to do some vocals on a song that Adam wrote the music to, Jane Yolen did the lyrics. Steve, or Mullie as he is known is from Scotland, Gasgow to be exact, and the song is very Scottish. ( Just for you K ! )

I am learning just exactly how much I don't know about music. I have been feeling pretty high on my horse lately with all these gigs and shows and very hot on the fiddle, but the studio takes it out of you and makes you know how very much work you still have to do.....Very humbling, but I am learning SO much!

More tomorrow, back at it now...

Love and tracking, Lorraine

3 Comments:

At 6:41 PM , Blogger Maure said...

Ooooo, this is sounding better and better! I can't wait to hear what you all have done.

 
At 11:06 PM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

Tomorrow, tomorrow I love ya! Tomorrow, You're only a day away. We're off to see the Fabulous one tomorrow for Renn Fest. See you there everyone.

 
At 1:18 AM , Blogger K said...

OK, I need to know this: what is "turbo rat"? I have a mental picture of a very speedy rodent whizzing all over your studio...

(...once I was in a park and noticed the ducks on the pond seemed a little unsettled. Then I realised one duck was moving suspiciously fast, and that there was a man with a radio control joystick standing a little way off...)

It's nothing like that at all, is it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home