Thursday, September 14, 2006

The Week I FInally Lost My Mind...( what was left of it )

Madness, pure madness. That, my dearlings, would be my life right now.

Last weekend went pretty much how I had thought , with some interesting twists. Did the show Saturday day shows, froze most of the day. I forget , here in the frozen tundra, fall comes when it comes and when it comes, IT IS HERE. One day, summer, next day, FALL. I mean cold, and leaves and colour, the whole bit.

Fall came Saturday. Didn't know that Saturday morning. Dressed for summer. Did show. Froze at show.

Left the show, wearing all that I possesed and drove three hours NORTH, to a wedding. Set up, played after dark, outdoors , until midnight, with the Tim Malloys. Nice wedding, nice people, like weddings, like the money. Very. Very. Cold. Big Sexy brought along his leather duster, which goes to the ground on him, now he is a big man and a little over 6 feet. He is also like unto a God, for he leant me the duster in between sets.

May have actually saved my life.

Somewhere in that madness I begin to suspect I am becoming ill, like some sort of evil cold virius in my throat.

One the way home I am sure of it. Now , home , for the evening, as we will be arriving around 5 AM and my first show is 10 AM , is the floor, ( which we have thoughtfully made up ahead of time,) of Big Sexy's tent, out at the fest.

I add the Duster to the blankets on the floor, sleep for four hours and awake SICK like a dog. Chest and throat. I start to go up to do the show, and realize it is RAINING. Not a good sign. No violins in the rain. Sing? Oh, Gods....

Go home , where I will spend the next 2 and a half days in bed. Then back to work, all seems well now, my evil virus has most thoughtfully moved into my ears, where it will no doubt lodge happily thru my next set of shows.

Which start Friday night, at Charlies, the Fest on Saturday, then Charlies, again with Paul Saturday night , then Fest on Sunday.

Monday? I send my Boss off to the UK on his next tours and then get on a plane to LA.

Here are some nice before and after pictures of me for you........






Gods, I love rock-n-roll.

Love and Music, Lorraine

9 Comments:

At 8:34 PM , Blogger vandaluna said...

To Oz? To Oz! Or is that LA?

Gads! You should take better care of yaself! Why's it people like to abuse their poor widdle bodies? Always a good idea to keep a warmie in the car. :-)

Get some rest and feel better.

 
At 9:39 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

Poor creature... I know exactly how you feel... the dreaded ill hit me last Thurs and I have been struggling back from it since then. The only good thing is that this has shown me the spendid cuddliness of little kitty LaMie... she was been a bright spot in a world filled with flurries of kleenex. Animals do seem to know when you are sick.... up until the point when they go into heat. oy. Now she is an extra *fun* bundle of purring joy... shame on me for not having had her fixed yet.

evil virus has moved into my ears too. i feel for you.

 
At 4:00 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

Oh my! Take care of yourself and get better soon. That sounds just miserable.

 
At 5:07 AM , Blogger ivenotime said...

that after photo...poor baby, do take care aand feel better (you too rubius)! I am sure once you get thru the weekend, Malena will provide lots of tlc. Stay warm!

 
At 10:10 AM , Blogger Bulfinch's Aglaia said...

So sorry, Ms. Fablo! I have great faith in the beautiful Malena's healing abilities, though, and so will count on next week reading that you are better. :-)

 
At 2:24 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

First - {{{{HUGS}}}}

I have to tell you that I actually laughed out loud at the two pictures. I guess it's a good thing I wasn't drinking anything at the time. :)

Ya know, I thought, "why didn't she just BUY a cloak?" (at fest), but then I realized you DIDN'T HAVE TIME. ::palm to forehead:: From experience I know that a wool cloak will keep you warm even if it gets soaking wet. Just a thought for this weekend, and I hope you keep warm. {{HUG}}

 
At 5:46 PM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

Hang in there little woman. I love ya! I have lots of shooting to do this next week. So, Fablo and I may just sing, write and veg. Ohh I like the thought of a webam party though! ehhhhhhhhh!
(Everyone under 5'8" is little to me.) I love it...most of the leading Hollywood men are "little guys" I always tell Miles,
"Oh, the actor is a cute little guy" and he says, "DON'T let HIM hear you say that..and wear flats babe!"

Maybe I'll model our T SHIRTS and some corsets...ha!

 
At 7:14 AM , Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

Hope you feel better soon! Love the transitions between seasons but hate it when I get sick during them...sort of makes them lose their magic.

 
At 8:01 AM , Blogger elizabeth said...

Forgot to say this before I left Charlie's last night:Have fun with Malena! (But I know you will . . . )

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home