Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Bed Blogging from House

Ah. Bed Blogging. Malena was right, this is truly the way to go, between Work and House and all these Gigs, I am beyond tired by this time of night, no Nocturna here! I'll be asleep as soon as I hit Publish Post and before it goes up.

The coffee Table Fish tank is now up and running, complete with fish! Two Koi, two Fantails and one Midnight Black one named Malena! It's lovely and every bit as wonderful as I thought it would be. I even have a fake correl reef AND a log with a skeleton hand.

Here are a couple of pics I like, both are from what Malena calls the " Romance Room", a lovely French table and Victorian chair, and then, my favourite, a late 1800's Victoria ball and stick chaise, which sits beside my Lovsac. That's me, like noone else. Nothing exactly goes together, but it all just seems kind of cool. MANY many thanks for the lightswitch covers, they are wonderful and working out so nicely! It was funny, today arrangeing things, I had the thought that I don't know where anything GOES, and I am the one who gets to decide. Wonderful fun.....




The gigs last weekend were fun. Hot, and long, but I think I made a lot of people really happy, if only for a bit, and that, it seems to me, is why one should do them.













I can't wait to do it all again this coming weekend.

I can't wait until they are done so I can get back and see Malena, little bed bogging creature of the night that she is.

'Night...

Blogging from bed,
Lorraine

16 Comments:

At 10:38 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

love the carpet... beautiful colours... love the look of the fishtank and the exquisite choices... ooh they sound just gorgeous. sounds like loads of fun to decorate.

 
At 4:07 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

That coffee table fish tank looks awesome!

I think all of your furniture looks good together, and nicely arranged. That room appears to have excellent light.

 
At 6:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That fishtank table is sooo cool. If I weren't such a clutz I'd think of copycatting you!

 
At 6:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That fishtank table is sooo cool. If I weren't such a clutz I'd think of copycatting you!

 
At 6:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That fishtank table is sooo cool. If I weren't such a clutz I'd think of copycatting you!

 
At 8:42 AM , Blogger Lyndyn said...

The trick with goldfish is that they are coldwater fish and need lots of oxygen. Plus...they keep growing! And it is worse to overfeed than slightly underfeed.

Congratulations on the house...I bought my first one three years ago this month and I love it. Yours looks very neat!

 
At 9:04 AM , Blogger mistress mousey said...

A friend of mine bought a couple of spooky items for the bathroom when she moved into her current place. It went out of control from there. It's like walking into Halloweentown now. So great.

The fish tank is awesome! Yay for living decorations!

 
At 12:17 PM , Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

I love that fish tank! I seriously thought of doing something like that for my home, but I wanted to have an actual pond, waterfall and stream cutting through the floor in the middle of my livingroom. Not only would my landlord REALLY not appreciate it, my two cats would have an endless supply of live fish to munch on. So, I'll just settle for the fishtank screensaver I have on my computer.

 
At 2:43 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

Your house looks pretty good to me. It's less of a mishmash of styles than my house, or at least the living room. At least you don't have Radu (short "a" sound) the Wonder Horse in your living room next to the baby grand piano.

Still, the fishtank coffee table is cool. We have a koi in our backyard pond, along with 2 or 3 "feeder" fish, that is doing just fine. It's been there for at least 2 years. We haven't put in any fishfood in a long time; they seem to keep growing by eating insects, and maybe tadpoles.

 
At 5:17 PM , Blogger ivenotime said...

Looks like its coming together nicely - lots of life and light! Have fun!

 
At 8:05 PM , Blogger vandaluna said...

I like the huge puffy white thing! It would match my flacoti and my sheepies ever so well.

The fishtank is lovely. I would be tempted to leave such a thing fishless since I have chosen to not care for any more things than I already do. Wherever do you find time???

 
At 7:01 AM , Blogger faerydusted1 said...

My floofiest of kitties' favorite napping spot is in a Moroccan-style fruit bowl that sits on our coffee table (Mina has seen it- I do not lie). I can only imagine what would happen if we had such a fantabulous coffee table as that.

And does the big white creature in the window ever wake up? It looks like a Luck Dragon all curled up and sleepy. How wonderful!

You know, looking over my post I'm thinking maybe I just have nap-time on the brain. hmm...

 
At 9:27 AM , Blogger Jodyth said...

Gorgeous! I hope to see it in person some day soon :-) I'm so happy you have your own space filled with endless possibilities.

 
At 1:58 PM , Blogger Jenn said...

Advice from the peanut gallery:

Be prepared to move the koi to a pond in a year or so. They will outgrow that tank pretty quickly.

And unfortunately, underfeeding will kill the fish, too. Goldfish are tricky to balance.

Don't forget to do a 10% water change every week.

 
At 9:10 AM , Blogger Lyndyn said...

Re: fish.

True, you do need to feed them enough! A good rule of thumb is to feed them what they will eat up in one feeding - so that there isn't a lot of leftover food floating around. You might have to experiment a bit.

Though, for all I know, Lorraine is an expert with goldfish! :0)

 
At 5:06 AM , Blogger ravyn said...

Lorraine, the photos of your house are lovely! i am back from vacation, surfacing for a moment before i get submerged in work again, heh. Love the fish tank!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home