Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Mangos, Mangos and More!

Malena and Kitty no doubt had a fine time shooting corsets in coffins yesterday. I , myself, had a horrid migraine, I do hate them do. I spent the day in bed with an ice pack. Methinks they got the better end of the deal, witchy ladies! I do feel better tho today.

More importantly, for recovery, I got sent an entire CASE of football sized Mangos! Anne Murphy , I have said it before, you are truly wonderful! I amy finally have enough Mangos to keep me happy. I shall eat them in the bath, which is the proper place for Mango eating. ( tho Malena is not so sure about that one, I think she finds it silly, hee-hee ) Again, my thanks! You guys are the Best ever!

( Hmmph. I took a nice photo of them, but Blogger won't let me uplad anything, guess we have to wait. )

Gigs this weekend! With Paul Score, our own Scored for Life, on Friday and Saturday at Charlie's in Stillwater. Joining us on Saturday is , once again, Lojo Russo, one of the sweetest singers going, we never fail to have a blast and things get pretty comic at points. Lojo is not often in town, so if you can make it , do please come down. Promise it will be fun.

On the house front, the Worlery is covered is dust, with construction things and paint things everywhere. I get my stove and fridge tomorrow. And then have to spend time cleaning the place, the floor and carpet look great LAMinate wood floors are SO
the way to go. ( well, I mean if one is on a budget, hardwood oak looks pretty good too if one isn't ) I am hoping to put Lojo up on Saturday after the gig, my first houseguest ( Malena doesn't count as a GUEST )! ( wonder if Lojo will mind not actually haveing a BED, or dishes, or, uh, FOOD )

Love and Mangos,
Lorraine

9 Comments:

At 1:25 PM , Blogger Glen said...

Actually, I went with bamboo floors last year.

 
At 1:32 PM , Blogger Stardustgirl said...

The bath thing makes sense, but I've always been confused about why some people call green peppers mangos when they're nothing alike. Even this pretty much everything there is to know about mangos page wasn't sure.

*shrug*

Just having a bath sounds nice. I have tub envy. ;-)

 
At 5:35 PM , Blogger mistress mousey said...

mmm... bath... I may have to do one of those later this evening. But with raspberry sorbet. I'd take the mangos if there were any in the house.

 
At 6:07 PM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

Glad to hear you feel better today. Yay for Mango Murphy!

 
At 7:31 PM , Blogger Kitty Cat said...

oh my little headache queen,
sorry to hear you are feeling down & out in the aspirin dept.
we missed you at the photo shoot, no one can get those laces done faster than you! can't wait til Malena posts up some of them, we had a blast!

 
At 8:44 PM , Blogger ivenotime said...

But.....there will be mangos, (unless you will not share with Lojo) - perhaps only one tub? :) Glad house is going dustily well-we have oak laminate in the living room and it has worn very well for over 7 years, and my studio has grey laminate and does pretty good considering the stuff that gets on the floor, it takes a beating. I never heard of green peppers being called mangos - kidding, right? Hope your head feels better - I get migraines 3 or 4 times a year, and they are always two day affairs, tho the 2nd day isn't as bad as the first - it just kinda lurks in the back of the skull. Kitty, glad shoot went great - can't wait to see the pics!

 
At 10:47 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

very much looking foward to corset pics...

so sorry to hear about he migraine, L. I know how bad they can get. I remember one that hit me while I was working at a small museum as the front door minder/general guide and in the midst of the headache I started to get tunnel vision... so that it was just black outside of the spot directly in front of my eyes. I can tell you... it is not fun to lead people through exhibits when your vision is slowly but perceptibly dimishing around you (but on the plus side at least there were locked cases to lean against so I wouldn't fall over)...
in short... I truly wish you, Lorraine, relief from all headaches... and that goes for the rest of you too.

Happy mango munching.

 
At 2:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » »

 
At 5:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home