Sunday, July 30, 2006

Hot Shows and Attack Fish

The gigs the past few nights were hot hot hot! Not only that, but we played well in spite of it. ( Yup, my brain is GONE! ) It's really hard to play when it is that hot, they had A/C but it can't do much when it is 105 degrees outside. I may in fact be in love with my bandmate Paul, as he brought a small fan the second night , which he shared with me, alternating every song, and it made all the difference in the world. It might also be the nicest thing anyone has done for me. Ever. One fan can change your life. Or at least your show. ( there may be some wisdom in there somewhere, but I am too brain dead to think upon it )

One of the highlights of the weekend was meeting Allison, one of the most fairy children I have ever met, truly fey she was. She wore the cutest little gothy-fairy dress with hightop tennis shoes and I thought, that girl is GOING places! She is also a dancer. A very good ballet dancer. There weren't many people in the club at that point, so she got up and danced for us while we played some of the prettier tunes, magic, enchanting and wonderful, made my night and reminded me, again, of why I love playing these shows so much. I am hoping that she will come back again, and bring her parents back to see us soon! ( see Allison? I told you I would post your picture! )

As far as house news goes, I have cancelled my cool kitchen table. It seems that it was going to cost $195 to ship it to my house, an hour away from the store, so I said that I would pick it up, and they told me that then , in that case " shipping" would only be $50. Huh?????? I mentioned that it would seem that I could not come to the store and buy the table for the advertised price, and they said that it was $300 plus shipping, but I mentioned if I came and got it there would BE no shipping, and they said it was the policy. I then mentioned my policy was not to feel scammed and canceled the thing. Another will come along with someone who actually wants customers.

Malena, sweet girl, did find me this while we were looking on eBay for Pirranahs ( yes, I need a tank of Pirannahs, protection you know, women living alone and all, and less work than a dog ) and I have ordered it shipped here ( total shipping from the east coast $70 ) Isn't it the very coolest, most wonderful coffee table EVER?????? How Malena new to Google " coffee table fish tanks" I will never know, that girl is something else amazing, but there you have it. It will need to be a cool water tank, a heater will fog it up, so I still need one for the Pirranahs, they can go in my bedroom ( that will weed out the faint of heart, eh? )

Love, Heat and Fish,
Lorraine

10 Comments:

At 4:59 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

I would have told the furniture company the same thing. :P Makes you wonder how many people go along with such highway robbery.

The only problem with watch piranhas is they don't sound an alarm when someone else is on the premises. Though, they are probably lots cheaper after the initial set up costs.

At least in Texas we're more accustomed to high heat. Doesn't mean we like it any better, just means we don't think of highs in the 80s as hot. The hard part is now figuring out a way to keep our dog cool in his pen. I think it's time to buy a new mister for under the trees. ::sigh:: Long story, but vet's orders. He _is_ doing well enough to come home.

Everybody, stay cool and healthy. Please.

 
At 8:13 PM , Blogger vandaluna said...

Malena is a gurlll who can think! How lucky you are to have her as a friend.

Amazing to me how places that get colder than where I am also get hotter than where I am. And here we are whining over 92' and moderate humidity. So when did the car fall through the ice? ::chuckle::

 
At 8:38 PM , Blogger ivenotime said...

Very cool aquarium/coffeetable! What a shame about your kitchen set - I liked most of their sets, too. Can't believe they would charge "shipping" like that. Ok, now I will whine too about the heat - we are building a new deck, and my husband didn't want help on Saturday
- just happily laid out and cut all the boards, left at 5 am this morning on business, called me and said, hon, screw the deck down, so the boards don't warp. Sure,says I. uh, each board, 2 screws every joist, and there are 25 joists and 15 x 37 ft of boards, my arms are dead and it was HOT (Lorraine, I envy you Paul's fan) Darling photo, my youngest is a ballet dancer too.

 
At 10:11 PM , Blogger Malena said...

Yeah! Lorraine has decided to be humane and feed the piranhas vegitables. I said,
"Well when I come over, we're going to take some guilty wife beater off the street and feed him to the fishys."

Lorraine replied,
"Can't you just be happy with cows and rats and bugs Malena?"

"It's less guilt for me if I don't have to kill innocent things. (Animals) I'll stick with the first idea." I retorted.

Yes, I know, we dream alot. But it's warm snuggly happy dreams, can't you tell? Mwauuuu ha ha haaaa!

 
At 3:53 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

At first I thought that Allison was the "small fan" that Paul brought!

That tab is k-rad.

 
At 10:11 AM , Blogger mistress mousey said...

Clearly, you need to employ more fan-weilding cabana boys for your stage time.

 
At 1:46 PM , Blogger scored4life said...

Fans are fine and dandy, but what I want to know is where are the groupies?

We did have a great time and it was EXHAUSTING. Me thinks this is just a precursor to what Festival is going to be like.

Thanks to all who braved the heat to come out and see us. Alcohol and heat exhaustion make for an interesting, though entertaining, evening.

Allison was a true delight, and Saturday was my son’s birthday (8) and he got up on stage with his toy guitar and sang and played with us. It was a wonderful evening.

 
At 6:49 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

Coincidentally, Xander and Molly found some feathered folding fans last night and somehow tricked me into teaching them a fan dance.

 
At 2:15 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

dan guy said...

Coincidentally, Xander and Molly found some feathered folding fans last night and somehow tricked me into teaching them a fan dance.


ROFLMAO
Well, that is one mental image that won't be going away anytime soon. In the GothLoli Bo Peep outfit no less. X) So, did you pattern your's after Uhura's?

I would come out to Festival, if I were closer. There used to be a fantasy festival near Denton, TX that ran from August into September. I was there several weekends each year it lasted, until the final season, and that was only due to my being pregnant at the time (3rd trimester). Granted, it was in an oak forest, but it could still be very hot when the wind wasn't blowing lower than 50 feet off the ground. I still miss it. ::sigh::

Anyway, folks will still come out. Personal misting bottles are wonderful things.

 
At 3:48 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

It was a cross between that and part of my old magic act where I fanned the cards out in the air and shuffled them through each other.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home