Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Notes from the Studio

Just a quick note from the studio today, before we start in again on recording. Things are Hot Hot Hot here, both the music and the weather ( I wonder if I will ever made an album in the winter? ) The music is the most beautiful music I have ever heard and , quite simply Magic. I know we haven't said a great deal about what exactly we are doing out here this week, but as soon as it gets a little farther along, we will let you in on everything.

Working with Chris is more fun than a barrel of monkeys. ( ok, I am funny in the morning , yes , we know how much fun they are , hee-hee , ) The three of us work really well together. We do my parts in the morning and early afternoon, while Nocturna slumbers in her crypt , and then she sings in the evening and long into the night, while I drift off listening to her vocals. ( no bad way to go to sleep that ) Chris works the entire time and seems to be as happy as a man can be.

It's been three days now in the studio and we have reached the Zone. Everything is funny, and you get to a place where there is no longer anything BUT the studio. I am not sure anyone would recognize the Glamour that is currently Lorraine a' Malena. You say things to eachother on a really basic level and don't think anything of it, like me to her " do you know you have been wearing my pajamas for three days now, you had better put on some deodorant" or her to me " you can see right thru that skirt, put on some darn underwear " ( I am sure that she has a few anecdotes for you as well , not to worry )

Malena records with an ice pack on her head and the headphones on to keep it in place and we have learned if tape is not rolling to get the AC on fast.

We have learned to take breaks and to keep eating.

We have learned that sleep is food.

And we now know, more than ever, that music is magic.

Love, Lorraine

9 Comments:

At 9:35 AM , Blogger K said...

"Sleep is food..." How true. You're not trying to move into Casa FabLo while you're recording, are you?

I now have a mental picture of Malena with her icepack and big headphones ;) I hope no condensation or meltwater is trickling into the electrics...

 
At 9:36 AM , Blogger K said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:48 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

I know why you won't record in winter....
"Summertime.......
And the living is easy."

And if Malena needs an icepack on top of her head to stay cool....does that mean if you douse her with water she'll melt due to being made of brown sugar?

Oh. Wait. My bad. That was the _Wicked_ Witch of the West. Malena's a lot of things, but wicked/evil isn't one of them. ;) Granted, that would make Lorraine the Good Witch of the North.....
From my position, the directions are right. :) And that ends my knowledge of the Witches of Oz (except, of course, for the late Wicked Witch of the East).

 
At 8:38 PM , Blogger vandaluna said...

Oh ariandalen, we wuvs porgy!!
Summertime is my fav!!!

Send my luv to Chris for having to put up with you and Malena! ;-)

 
At 12:06 AM , Blogger Malena said...

After having a blast with Chris at the club CRYPT, where he was DJing, Lorraine and I decided to have chinese food on the way home.....in the dark.
Me being the FAMOUS clutz that I am, got sweet and sour sauce in my hair! Ewww. I spent the rest of the ride home picking rice out of the ends. How dorky can you get? Wait till you see the photos. We are having a blast.

Tomorrow is our last day of recording. Then it's off to Minneapolis for CONvergence. (I get to see my lover! I amm so excited) And my hair will smell extra sweet and edible. hee hee (That's what showers are for!!)

 
At 4:48 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

Music magic! With Chris!
(You know, for kids!)

 
At 1:48 PM , Blogger faerydusted1 said...

What hard work and what fun!! I think its safe to say we're all waiting eagerly to hear the magic. ;-D

Watch out for the chinese food. It'll get you ever time.
Have a great time at CONvergence, ladies!

 
At 2:07 PM , Blogger Kitty Cat said...

you really are my sister, as i usually can't have a meal without wearing some part of it.
love you girls, and would like some photos please.
Mal, read my blog re: rockstar taping...will get you a copy of the show. WISH YOU WERE IN IT>

 
At 2:13 AM , Blogger K said...

I still think I will win the prize this week for most disgusting thing to get in your hair: oven-cleaner with baked-on crud dissolved in it. I only discovered I'd got it in my hair when I came to wash it and the water ran brown... (No, it didn't bleach my hair. Fortunately.)

We have been cleaning our new house, so my look for this week has been ancient jeans with a big hole torn in the upper thigh (just missing displaying my knickers) and a big baggy T-shirt, 1998 vintage. Such glamour. At least the T-shirt is black...

Have fun at CONvergence!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home