Monday, June 19, 2006

Nocturna's Birthday Bash


Hey LaMies! WOW! I feel loved. Yes, thanks to Lorraine I will be the "toast of the town" with my new chrome toaster. She bought me the same one she has. Do we also have matching underwear you ask? Yes! Along with a hundred or so other LaMies.

Thank you everyone for all the gifts. Nora airbrushed the grey satin mary janes. So goth-deva-rific! My local LaMies loved them. She and Laura also gave me the jet vintage bracelet. Love it!

Kristina, our resident fairy made me the most amazing beaded dragons and fairies. I can't wait for the LaMie Store. Get your sites going girls. Fablo, Kitty and I are cooking up all kinds of ideas in the witchy kitchen. After all, don't we deserve to do what we love and get paid for it? Yeah! Girl Power indeed!

Miles bought me the "Malificent would be jealous" shoes. Red and black velvet, fur, leopard and rhinestones. What could be better than that? CHOCOLATE Cake! That's what.
The Inn at the 7th Ray IS the most romantic restaurant in LA, however they don't have any chocolate. Ah! Miles was VERY disappointed. Almost as much as me. (I do not need my diet to be saved on my birthday thank you very much!) I settled for a papaya peach mango tart. I guess my bodacious bum will thank me for it.
Inn at the 7th Ray reminds me of Rivendale in the Lord of the Rings Films. really..It is that magical. We go every year for my birthday. I really felt like a princess.

People have been stopping by all day. My oldest LA friends Lourdes and Beth stopped by. They are the lil' LaMies in the middle of the postcard. Beth just got Married. On 6-6-06 no less. So cute! I love taking and getting photos of all of you.

I'm so thankful for all the time and energy you spend with us. It's so fun to hear you are enjoying our music. I'm glad you are giggling with me on the "Influenza Remix". I just laugh. I had to go sooo over the top to cover up my cold. Lorraine on the other hand lit that violin on fire! (Not literally. We're not Motley Crue) Although I could use some stage performance lessons Nikki and Tommmy! Trade you for a reading. Hee heeee

My little mailbox man must think I'm a big star with all this fan mail. However, I think the "goth chic with no makeup in an oversized batman crew sweatshirt" throws him off that train of thought real QUICK! I just love you all to pieces. Soon you will have another LaM album to sing you to sleep..and other delightfully sinful situations where a sexy song is needed. Mwwaaa ha hahaaa!

Love,
Malenaus Dorkus
(the one with the bad 70's haircut)

21 Comments:

At 12:15 AM , Blogger Rubius said...

Yeah!!! Splendid gifts for a splendid lady!!! So happy you had a lovely day! So glad you have so many friends to share it with!

GREAT SHOES... super cool airbrushing!!! and the Toaster looks like it could take over a kitchen, excellent!!!

I think the Influenza Remix is great so far!

 
At 4:17 AM , Blogger ivenotime said...

Glad to hear your day was excellent!!! Kristina, they are beautiful beaded lovelies! And Nora, the shoes are great, did your hubby help out with this airbrushing? hee hee. The restaurant looks incredible even tho they have no chocolate (WHAT are they thinking?!?) Hope the rest of your week is great, you can get toasted now every day...

 
At 5:21 AM , Blogger ravyn said...

ivenotime - no, i had to paint the shoes all by myself **snicker**

rubius - that fairy is cute, and the dragon and spiders are lovely :-)

GSL - ya like them shoes? i may have to seek out a pair of tall black boots and paint silver spiderwebs on them, to see how they look :-)

 
At 6:30 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

That is a lovely toaster, and the shoes!! (both pairs!!)

A fab-u-lo-so birthday couldn't happen to a nicer gothlovely.

 
At 7:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad there were so many fabulous gifts for such a fabulous lady! Glad it was a good one.

Oh, and thanks for teasing us with thoughts of the new album. I'm drooling already. Do you know when it'll be out (I need to mark my calendar ;)?

 
At 9:33 AM , Blogger Rubius said...

btw... that bracelet does look lucsious as does the restaurant... but I agree.. no chocolate, how can you leave out one of the staple food groups? and I am glad to finally see the lovely local LaMies in LA... I have been wondering about who those lovely ladies were... since I have them on my signed underwear...lol (that I will never wear now..hehehe)

 
At 12:50 PM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

no you must wear the undies. I signed them with permanent marker, so you're safe. And soon, my friend Darrell will be printing up new improved ones anyway.

 
At 1:30 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

Glad you had a wonderful birthday, even if chocolate wasn't involved. (I mean, don't they know that it's the Food of the Gods?!)
:)

Now I'll be thinking the following for the rest of the day:
New
Improved
Underwear

 
At 7:49 PM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

Nora! I LOVE the shoes. LOVE Them. Yes, I will be sending you some boots to airbrush as well. I have a million pairs of them.

Lorraine closes on her LaMie Castle tomorrow. The victorian abode of blissful relaxation.....Pics coming soon Fablo says. Secret details coming soon on the LaMie newsletter.
(after we get back from Convergence)

 
At 8:37 AM , Blogger Kitty Cat said...

hello you birthday goddess, you goth statue of liberty.
i am sorry i missed the inn of the 7th ray, but i think a romantic bday dinner for two was just the ticket for you both.
there is no cuter little girl photo than this one of you as a sprite. love you. miss kitty

 
At 9:40 AM , Blogger Rubius said...

Now this is probly more than anyone wants to know but...hey with the incentive above... I am officially wearing LaMie undies!!! YEAH... lol and I hope to order more... since I love these ones.

 
At 12:07 PM , Blogger ivenotime said...

Rubius! thou art a bold soul, thou art, and beautifully clad to boot (or should that be bum?)

 
At 1:25 PM , Blogger mistress mousey said...

Malena, I told the hubby you called the SquidBoy "Allistair Crawly" and he totally approved. =) This kid's acquiring nicknames almost as fast as dirty diapers!

And I now have toaster envy.

 
At 5:21 PM , Blogger Malena said...

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Fablo! You nasty LaMie! Shake whatcha Momma gave ya!

I just finished a reading and I'm off to pick out clothes for the Con. (One of my favorite things)

 
At 6:11 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

Ivenotime, Lorraine... LOL... well, we have gone from discussion of nekkid parties to undies... snicker

Malena, I was wondering.. you mentioned a LOTR Arwen dress that was at balticon... was that the one you wore to Magic 101? or am I crazy?... or both, possibly...

 
At 6:39 PM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

yes that's the dress I wore to the Magic 101 lecture. I added a LaMie photo page today.
Here it is.
www.lorraineamalena.com/lamie_photos.html

Everyone....Email me your photos at the lorraineamalena@gmail.com
address and we'll post them. Yeah! LaMie power!

 
At 8:36 PM , Blogger ivenotime said...

I remember seeing the Arwen dress! I think you saw it too Rubius! It was exquisite, and Malena, didn't you say it was a very heavy gown? was gorgeous. I will have to google that toaster, never heard of it, and our toaster is marginal at best. oh, and i am wearing day of the week undies BUT THEY ARE NOT THE RIGHT DAY. was feeling bold (but not as bold as
Fablo)

 
At 9:47 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

I was hugged by Malena in that dress... of course I remember it (big smile) It was divine. I am sure Convergence will see more of those gorgeous gowns.

 
At 10:09 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

Oh... and hearing that the sale has closed... GREAT... Final Congrats!! and can't wait for the pix!!

 
At 5:34 PM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

I don't think that pic does Jody justice. Here are my nominations:

Jody
Paul, Jody, and Sue
and don't forget Glen!

 
At 12:49 PM , Blogger Malena said...

I agree Dan! You can change them on the site if you want.

Mina_ I don't know when this album will be out. It's in the beginning stages right now. But as with everything in our lives, we'll keep you posted.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home