Saturday, August 19, 2006

Bed Blogging and Demon Hunting


Since my computer's been in rehab, I've been using Miles laptop. I've discovered Bed Blogging. Sounds like a pesticide treatment or some B&D game, doesn't it? Eeeehhh!
Ohh what fun I will have with mobil blogging. I can take our LaMies to the beach..
Fablo with her bad self just got a computer with a built in webcam. Ohh darling! The possibilities of that. I can just see myself giving all of you a vitual tour of the TEVES museum (a fancy name for our long hall way). Heeee he

Halloween is coming soon people! Everyone in the FX houses are working on their costumes. This frenzy no longer worries me like it once did. I now only work on my bean's costume. I simply slap on a dress and a few accessories and everyone THINKS I'm in costume. It's hillarious. Ha! Ohh last year I took my daughter to the mall, wearing no costume but a simple witch hat. Some of the people asked if I was employed by the mall and could they take photos. I'm telling you, LA does NOT know how to dress up. (except the art department) :)I love my town, but it's true. Miles sculpted a character "based on" a ghost from the Haunted Mansion for his friend Chris. Chris makes custom teeth for movies like Bram Stoker's Dracula. So, I'll be getting a set of real vampire teeth out of the deal. (As nice as the porcelain caps you get at the dentist.) I'm sure Miles will have to remind me to take them out! Don't want to scare my favorite little produce dude. Although Lorraine says he won't mind. ;) I will even be able to eat in them. Sturdy choppers! Of course, I will take a few dork shots for our LaMies.

Speaking of LaMies, Kitty brought a few merch gifts over to send out to you. So, I'll put your names in a hat and send out the gifts! wehoooooooo. I LOVE sending little things. If I had time, I'd send everyone something every month. If I'm ever lucky enough to have an assistant as fabulous as Lorraine, it would be possible. Anything is possible with THAT woman! I miss her, BTW. Six weeks is a long time for us chickens. BegaahhhKKKK!

And for all you TEVES fans out there, Miles got his first copy of 'The Demon Hunter's Handbook' in the mail yesterday. It's an illustrated book in the same format as the Dragonology and Wizardology. I am so excited! He says he isn't that happy with the quality of his work. (He always says that, trust me. He said that about Darkness, the Passion of the Christ, and and and..the list goes on.) No one in Hollywood is complaining, I tell him. He just keeps cranking out amazing stuff. Right now, he's sculpting/designing IRONMAN at Marvel. I'll get the release date for you.
Anyway, the book is a cool cult monster classic and there's alot of new TEVES creatures in it, including ME!




It should be in the stores by October maybe earlier. (I'll bet your recognize the succubus, and the...well you'll see.) Yes, we all know I'm the biggest TEVES fan alive, or undead. Flamen' baby!


Kitty's photoshoot turned out sexy! She nicknamed us "Bunny and Bettie". Ohh and Mimi came by too. She knows her stuff that girl. Thank you both for all your expertise. What I really wanted to do was make THEM up! Charlie's Angels! But, we couldn't bear to shoot without Fablo. So our 70's Angels dream will have to wait. Alter Ego sent me some bad girl outfits, honey! Not "frenchmaid" bad, but "pull two guns from your garterbelt" bad. I stick to corsets and dresses and give the hardcore stuff to the buff babes. (For the visual safety of the world, trust me) They will be available for purchase by the end of September I assume. I can't wait to show you!! It's so strange to see photos of myself looking all sassy, because inside I'm just a midwestern drama nerd who tries not to snort when I laugh.
"I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way."

Well, it's about my bedtime...yep! 5 am. I'm starting to get sleepy. Well, not really but I'll give it a shot. Wink!

Midnight Madness Malena

17 Comments:

At 10:59 AM , Blogger Kitty Cat said...

oh yes, Buuny & Bettie!
let's see some of the rolling-on-the-floor shots, as i just was shooting like a fairground carny--can not wait. yes, Lolo, we NEEDED you on the corset/dress removal, Mimi & I were next to useless, hahahaha!!!

ok, L'aMmies, if Rob Zombie is coming to your town, get ahold of me: furrytiger@gmail.com
would love to see you while on the road...
watch my blog for road stories.
ps special shout out to our YOGA GIRL, hope life is dealing you a new hand of cards that you like. xox

 
At 2:03 PM , Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

I love that Demon Hunter's Handbook! That's just the kind of tie-in material I want for my TV show.

I know exactly how Miles feels. In addition to being a writer/producer, I'm also a conceptual artist, sculptor, prop-maker & set designer, and never feel that anything I make is perfect or finished. It gets a little depressing sometimes.

KJC
http://www.kjcgroup.net

 
At 5:31 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

Love that b&w shot, Malena and Kitty!

"The Demon Hunter's Handbook" looks wonderful! Some friends of ours already gave our girls "Dragonology," and almost bought me "Fairyopolis," so it will be right at home here. And just in time for Christmas. :)

 
At 10:21 AM , Blogger Malena said...

Kelly_
We looked at your site and WOW you are a busy woman. What don't you do?

And LaMies_
I have someone else who doesn't have a partner yet. If any of you are interested let me know.
malena@malenateves.com

I'm sending out the Gifts on Monday. Kitty and I are off to the airport. Miss Meow is off to Rock Star land.

 
At 12:41 PM , Blogger Bulfinch's Aglaia said...

M. Malena, I love it when you're self-deprecating -- but take it from a happily straight, verging on middle-aged woman: surely you must know you are one of the most beautiful women anywhere, anytime!!! Love the pictures!

 
At 3:32 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

"Bed Blogging" sounds faintly kinky. "My name is Danth Guyth, and I.... am a bed blogger. *shamed averting of gaze*"

Lori and I have just started talking about costumes and flipping through pictures. Last year we were all pirates. Not sure how to top that.

Custom vampire teeth! I can't wait to see the pics that come out of *that* development.

Glad to hear that the first day of the Fest went well, Lorraine. Don't let your bow arm fall off!

 
At 5:49 AM , Blogger ivenotime said...

Beautiful pics! And the book looks awesome - can't wait to see the real thing. Y'know, never paid attention to the phrase "bed blogging" until Danth put that spin on it, snicker. I usually couch blog, will have to try it. Hmm, wonder if my daughter would like to have a Halloween party this year? Otherwise its just another day round here, sadly, I miss making costumes. (I agree Dan, the teeth sound awesome, how cool is that?) Have fun fiddlin Lorraine!

 
At 6:12 AM , Blogger K said...

Real vampire teeth - how cool is that? Very very cool. I have always wanted some that would actually be convincing and not make you drool (bit of a hazard of the plastic ones).

Mind you, when I wore a retainer on my teeth I drove everyone insane clicking it in and out, so perhaps it's as well I don't have any... but pictures are a must when you get yours!

Miles's book is also looking very very cool. I've seen Dragonology and Pirateology over here, so presumably this one will also cross the Atlantic.

Only you could call Hallowe'en "soon" in August! I do hope I get to dress up this year, though... maybe we should hold a party...

 
At 8:31 PM , Blogger vandaluna said...

Yannow, it never really dawned on me exactly how much Miles is involved in the production of movies. Sometimes it is like I read something and don't fully comprehend it. He is simply an amazing person. I bet you and he are a fantastic couple.

I love that corset!! Looking forward to buying it, but I'm sure it won't look as good on me as it does on you, Malena.

Nora is down off the coast of Honduras without cell signal. I feel sooo alone! hehehe. Actually, I'm feeling really good about the events in my life as of late.

I bet halloween at the Teves house is something to be admired. I can't see how it couldn't be! What fun for your baby bean to grow up around such cool people.

 
At 8:02 AM , Blogger faerydusted1 said...

Can I come trick or treat at your house????

 
At 3:22 PM , Blogger Malena said...

Oh yes! I would love to do a halloween party at my house. It's a little small though for all the people we know.

I've been getting some LaMie Pal requests. ANYONE who wants to participate, should email me now. I have a few people waiting in the wings. Kelly, are you interested?

Kitty is off on tour now. I already miss her. Rumor has it that Fablo may be coming to town in the next month. Ahhhhhhhhh! I am publicily begging you dear one. Hee hee
One of the corset photos from the AE shoot is up on the photos page. It's rather revealing, but I'm trying to get used to it. Thanks to Kitty (and Bare Essentials makeup), I look sassy.

 
At 8:33 PM , Blogger vandaluna said...

Oh! I forgot to mention...
I turned a portion of "I'm Your Man" sung by Malena Teves into a ringtone for my cell phone.

Kitty: Only performers who can't get a gig anywhere else come to my area, so I doubt Rob Zombie will be within 300 miles of me (assuming he might come to Atlanta). Hmmm...we are getting Hootie and the Blowfish for the Indian Summer Seafood Festival.

 
At 5:13 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

Every time I hear "Black Horse and a Cherry Tree" I think of the awesome concert I *missed*! Why oh why has fate conspired to keep me from attending every con in the world? ^_^

What would you call the Deadhead equivalent for LaM? (Or does "deadhead" apply to all fans and not just the ones who followed the Dead around to every concert?) I vote LaMead. (Mead... mmmmmm...)

Lori tried to teach the kids to sing along with the "woo-hoo"s and the "No, no, no no"s but so far they prefer "Go, go, go, go for G!" and "I called you on the telephone, ring-ring-ring, you weren't home". So at least they have *some* taste.

 
At 1:16 PM , Blogger Malena said...

I hear Convergence is releasing a CD of our concert. When, I don't know. That concert was soo damn fun. I was really getting crazy on stage. It was all Adam Stemple's fault. wink wink..nudge nudge. He started doing the chicken and I can't NOT do my chicken noises. Lorraine HATES my pregnant chicken. We were so out of control silly. But hey, at least I know everyone will laugh and have a good time listening to it.

 
At 1:17 PM , Blogger Malena said...

I'm a ringtone? I have arrived! hee hee
Thank you Vandaluna!

 
At 2:51 PM , Blogger mistress mousey said...

I will probably regret asking, but...

Pregnant chicken?

 
At 9:05 PM , Blogger vandaluna said...

::grins:: Yeah...I love it when my phone rings! And people like my ring tone!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home