Thursday, August 31, 2006

Sanity is Overrated

I was running madly about the house trying to get everything done and going thru in my head what I have to do this weekend, and it occurred to me that if I went down to my office and did a blog I would get to sit for a few minutes, actually DO a blog and I could work it all out in my head.

So, what am I doing?

I will tell you about the Rowenberry jelly after we actually taste the stuff, but for now think Meg, in Little Women ( if you haven't read it, you ought to, but to be nice I will tell you: Jelly Meltdown. Totally ) I may have to try again next week.

Tomorrow is Friday. After work, I load the PA and leave for a gig in Stillwater, I am playing with Paul from 7:30 to 11:30 at Charlies, an hour or so away from here. Then I go back to my little Witchy House on the Hill, hopefully by 1:00am, and sleep blissfully, waking refreshed by 6:00am.

My Boss is off somewhere ( I actually forget where ) early Saturday morning, so I make sure he is packed and ready and up and send him off to the airport, leaving the same time with two small girls ( who despite the threat of strong, if not severe thunderstorms , NEED to come to the Renn Fest with me ) and we drive to the Renn Fest, arriving, if all goes well, by 9:30.

Do some shows. Nine of them. Shows there are half an hour each. 5 are on the big stage for 1200 or so people. The rest area scattered all over. Shows at 10, 11, 11:30 , 1 , 2:30, 3 , 3:30, 4 and 4:30. Pray for rain. Can't fiddle outdoors in the rain.

Leave at 5:00 with Paul and two small girls. Take small girls to meeting place with Girl #2's parents. Go to Stillwater for another night at Charlie's. Arrive before 7:30. ( if all goes well ) Play until 11:30, tear down PA and go to Paul's . Sleep like the dead in his spare room. ( note to self bring pillows. Boys never have enough pillows )

Awake refreshed and ready for a new day, where are we at? Sunday I think. Go and do the nine shows once again. Drive to Paul's and watch Serenity with Paul and the Sexy Librarian. Attempt to stay awake for one episode, as the purpose of this viewing is they are sure I will like it if I give it a chance. Go to sleep in newly pillow enhanced spare room.

Monday. Labor Day. Fest AGAIN. So cruel. Darn Holiday. Wake up . Not so refreshed. May re-consider my position on coffee. Sure, it tastes horrible but isn't there something about caffeine that could be helpful today? Expect to have lost brain somewhere.

Do. Shows. All. Nine.

Done by 5, home by 7.

Foodcatsfishblogemailmalenasleep.

Wake on Tuesday. Everything will hurt and I won't be able to form complete sentences, but I expect to have , in spite of it all, a wonderful time playing for people.

Wish me luck and have a fine weekend yourselves!


Love and gigs, Lorraine

17 Comments:

At 12:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Renn Fest? Which one would that be? That wouldn't happen to be the Maryland Renn Fest by any possible chance, would it? I know it's not likely, but a girl can dream, right?

 
At 12:45 PM , Blogger Malena said...

wish I was there with you Dev!

 
At 1:09 PM , Blogger ravyn said...

Yeah wouldn't *that* be so cool! Mina, are you working the MDRF? i think i'm going to go this year, for the first time since i broke my leg in 2003 (would have gone last year but sprained my heel 2 days before, argh!).

 
At 1:19 PM , Blogger faerydusted1 said...

I can totally sympathize. Labor Day has seemed like some kind of tease for some many years. Three Day Holiday? Bah! Everybody keeps talking about it, but I've had to work it for so long. But its fun work, so its ok.

Love the pic! You look adorable!! I'll have to see if we're not too sweaty and sticky this weekend and actually get a picture up.

Ravyn! Please let me know when you're coming!!

 
At 1:20 PM , Blogger Julia Rios said...

Oh my. Good luck! If ever there were a time to embrace coffee, I think this would be it. And by embrace, I mean drink, because actually embracing coffee would be wet and possibly painful. With the burning.

 
At 1:22 PM , Blogger Kelly J. Crawford said...

Sounds like you're going to have really, really fun time.

Or maybe not.

 
At 3:44 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

Dear Fabulous One,
Try Ice Java by Nescafe. You'll find it on the coffee aisle in the grocery store. It is a coffee syrup that you mix with milk. I drink the Mocha flavor, though there is at least one other flavor available (I think). Coffee tastes ever so much better with chocolate, and cold. Mocha Ice Java is like chocolate milk with a kick. :)
You could also always drink tea, though you need to make sure that there are actual tea leaves as there are many herbal "teas" that have no caffeine. The leaves of the tea plant contain caffeine. I don't know if Celestial Seasonings still makes Morning Thunder, but it was very strong and definitely caffeinated.

 
At 1:51 AM , Blogger K said...

I love coffee, but I've never been able to understand how anyone could drink it cold. Blech. Although I like iced tea, which most Brits seem to consider an aberration...

Recently I've been drinking a green gunpowder tea with spearmint in the morning - it's got at least as much wakeup power as coffee, with about half the caffeine and lots of nice antioxidants. Though green tea is not everyone's favourite, I know.

That is such a funky picture and I love your hair!

 
At 2:15 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

Oooo...I had another thought! What about just eating some chocolate covered espresso beans!
And K, I have been known to drink a cup of coffee hot, but only with chocolate syrup in it. I drink tea hot, as well as iced, though with the August we've just had (27 days of 100 degree or more high temps) I haven't been wanting any hot drinks. I do like hot chai, and I haven't tried Celestial Seasonings Moroccan Red Pomegranate yet.

 
At 2:17 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

Shoot!
I forgot to tell the Fabulous One that you really do need to stay awake long enough to get hooked on "Firefly." I was a browncoat before I added L'aMie to my list of designations.

 
At 5:30 PM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

NINE shows. Good luck, and have a wonderful weekend!

We want to the open house for Xander's kindergarden today, and met his teacher. How can he be old enough to start going to school? To ride the bus?! He's excited but I'm stunned.

 
At 8:42 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

best of luck and have fun, crazy girl. It looks and sounds like heaps-o-fun.

It seems to me that you know how to catch that natural happy-people high. Maybe that will tide you through.

 
At 11:30 AM , Blogger mistress mousey said...

Man, I thought *I* was exhausted these days. You're getting less sleep than I am and doing a lot more running around.

At least it sounds like you're having a lot of fun with it. Enjoy it!

And breathe. I think blue is a nice colour on you, but I'd rather it were in your clothes and hair rather than your skin tone. ;)

 
At 6:04 PM , Blogger vandaluna said...

Sounds like alot of fun to me. The turkey legs at renn fest are awesome!

I used to live very near the Maryland Renn Fest. I haven't been in 8 years since I moved to PC, but perhaps I will be able to make it for '07.

If Ravyn doesn't read, she'll probably attend Scottish weekend so her huzbin can show off his legs in a kilt. ;-) They call themselves, hehe, Clan McLunchbox.

Coffee or Tea, hot or cold. No additives. Funny thing...two of the few rare drinks which have flavor and no sugar. I love bitter flavors. For some silly reason, sugar leaves a nasty taste in my mouth. I know, odd.

Ah it is finally September...I miss the foliage season. I haven't seen it since I left MD. I have seen the cherries though. Where has this year gone?

 
At 4:24 AM , Blogger K said...

Since it is nearly Hallowe'en, oh people who have an affinity with dead things... come and look at this. Like the changing portraits in the Disneyland/world/Paris Haunted Mansion, only better. MUCH better.

This is the coolest thing I've seen for ages. I've been grinning like a pumpkin.

Apparently he'll now do modern photos as well...

 
At 8:36 AM , Blogger faerydusted1 said...

Vanda- the way the trees look in autumn is one of my very favorite things about MD. Also the way the air smells!! I'm sure it pails in comparison to Vermont or other places, but I love it here. (Of course, I also love the smell of snow- and while visiting family in MN I got some real snow years ago! LOL)
I hope you survived the weekend Lorraine! I know ours was an adventure. The owners had to haul in giant generators (seriously- on 18-wheeler kind of trucks!) since we had no power due to Ernesto's storms. Most of our stages and booths ran without power all of Sat. and some of Sun. (I learned, however, that you can still pump beer without power- thank goodness!) But the shows went on and our cast was amazing as always. And after the rain cleared Saturday the weather was very pretty. We had massive crowds Sunday and Monday and lots of great people came to visit.
K- How much fun is that??

 
At 9:38 AM , Blogger ivenotime said...

Sounds like alot of fun to be had this weekend! Hope all have survived, and ready to hit the workweek (agh). Speaking of H'ween - I saw the cutest battery operated bat and day of the dead sugar skull kit at www.hearthsong.com - even tho my kids are grown I still get their catalogs. I got the skull kit last year, but didn't get a chance to try it. I think the bat is actually a kit so you have to build it - how cool is that?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home