Friday, January 13, 2006

Mirror Mirror Review Up!

Hello All! To make up for this week of silence with no blogging ( sorry about that ! ) this will be a fun filled, full of news and thrills blog today.

Here is a picture from New Years Eve that someone sent to me. They sent a few, but I liked this one as it looks like Big Sexy and I are the Anti-New Years Eve Spirit of Fun! Yup. That's mostly what I look like playing. When I try and smile, I look like some sort of Weird Creature. Or something.

I should point out too that when I started the set I was wearing a really fancy most elegant shirt made for me by our own Malena. Velvet, long swoopy sleeves, feathers all over the top...And completely impossible to play violin in! I had to get the bar to give me a tee shirt after the first song, could not play in the fancy one for the life of me. Live and learn we say....

Here is some WONDERFUL news...There is a review of MIRROR MIRROR up now over at rambles.net! Tom Knapp has always run one of my favorite websites for folk and alt folk music and once again , has made me very happy. he also reviewed Get Yr Hands Off Me Booty , the last FU cd, a live one we did on the fly, full of traditional music. Who knew he even HAD one! But back to US, I love the way he puts things!!! Sums us up in a nutshell, many thanks Tom!!!!!

If you have not been by Lisa Snellings blog lately, hop on over and check out the corset fun. She will be here in a few weeks for another visit, and I suspect I will be teaching her the secrets of it all, haveing got very good at the in corset out of corset thing doing photo shoots with Malena. I may be the envy of all! Corset lessons from the Fabulous Lorraine! If this day job and music don't pan out for me....

There. That may be enough excitement for anyone. A few days ago I had meant to post something nearly as exciting, but was to astounded to actually do so......My entire post would have read:

i have seen the Sun. And it is good.

Love and Sunshine,
Lorraine

15 Comments:

At 2:02 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

::snort:: And to think, as of last night we actually have a whole 40% chance of rain on Monday. Northeast Texas got rain last night, but not us. 's okay, they really need rain, too.

Now if we could just stop with the 20-30 mph wind gusts. My dh took down the windchimes because they were getting just too noisy. And yes, they are tuned.

And I'll go check out rambles.net. :)

 
At 3:23 PM , Blogger Malena said...

Happy Friday the 13th everyone! I just checked out rambles.net.
http://rambles.net/lorraine_mirror05.html

Yeah! That makes my day. We're getting rain again tomorrow. The jasmine and the lavendar will love it.

 
At 3:27 PM , Blogger Kitty Cat said...

yes, you 2 were missed!
as for the review, well done, wonderful foreshadowing for the new year to come...
i love the tshirt on LoLo, you little doll.

yay for rain, now if it would only snowwwwwwwwwww

 
At 7:28 PM , Blogger ivenotime said...

What an awesome review - congrats!!! (BUT we all knew it was a great CD already, didn't we...) That is a wonderful and positive note to end a Friday the 13th on. (and we had sunshine yesterday too! Life is good!)

 
At 5:41 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

That's a great picture.

We had ice on the cars, then the next day there was thick fog, then the next it was sunny and warm. Wild.

That's an awesome review. Wait, Adam Stemple is Jane Yolen's son? How did I not know that?

 
At 11:57 AM , Blogger mistress mousey said...

Yay for raving reviews. I think my favourite line is:
"... or suck the jelly from your eyeballs in some arcane ritual to gain mastery over your soul," especially in contrast to the very sweet things said about the two of you just before that line. ;)

Weather here has turned all soggy again (it let up for a few days to confuse us all), which is fine with me because it means I don't have to deal with the "jungle" in the backyard to water a couple of plants.

And in other news, the boy and I just got our first ultrasound look at our pumpkin - it's a boy. And 3-D ultrasounds are simultaneously the creepiest things I've ever seen, and the coolest.

 
At 1:29 PM , Blogger vandaluna said...

And...speaking of Corsets...I'm at Arisia in Boston and brought one of my AlterEgo corsets, the Helsing. I think it is the nicest corset at the whole con!! Everyone has been admiring it!! :-)

vanda

 
At 2:33 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

Hearty Congratulations on the review. I am glad to see ppl appreciatng the cd... i agree with Kitty Cat, you 2 were missed... and I too wish for SNOW... It has been so moderate here that the basket of summer flowers that my mom (quite the plant expert) assured me would be dead by November remains in bloom... even the Geranium. (not that I am complaining - the sun and crystals light up my kitchen nicely)

and Yeah for Cons and Corsets... can't have enough of those.

 
At 3:26 PM , Blogger vandaluna said...

I'll see if I can't get a couple pics.
Must charge the camera. :-)

vanda

 
At 6:07 PM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

A boy! Too cool, Misstress M.

 
At 6:28 PM , Blogger mistress mousey said...

*sigh... I hear talk of corsetry, I pout. Not that it isn't all worth it, but I shall miss my little collection. Everyone must show off their corsety goodness so I can live vicariously! :D

Oh, and he's due in June... sometime. (There's some discrepancy on the date, not that it matters as he'll show up when he damn well pleases any way.)

 
At 7:03 AM , Blogger vandaluna said...

And here is a piccie of me at Arisia:
http://www.catatonicstudios.com/images/DSCN1871.jpg

Congratzi Missmousey on the forthcoming pinky. :-)

vanda

 
At 12:02 PM , Blogger mistress mousey said...

The corset looks fab on you! Yay for photos! (and thanks for the congrats!)

 
At 2:12 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

Very nice corset and picture.

 
At 5:06 AM , Blogger vandaluna said...

:-) Thank you for the compliments.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home