Friday, January 06, 2006

City Mouse/Country Mouse

Had a lovely time webcamming with Malena last night and talking over plans and music and ideas, probably for far to long, as far as our families are concerned, hee-hee. We have also determined that this time for SURE, I am coming out on the 24th of January. Things have been so hectic thru the holidays and company and my other bands and work that we keep having to put off our time together, but now we have set in in stone . ( Tombstone knowing us )

( I am to the point, if you remember the blog of a few days ago, where I would go to LA even if she weren't going to be there, if only to get some SUN and LIGHT for a day or two!!!! )

We had kind of a funny moment last night where she spoke of driving to Disneyland and there on the freeway, on the other side , fortunately, were a dozen police cars shooting it out with another motorist. I was properly aghast of course, and she laughed and told me that it would not even make the news.

City Mouse.

I live outside small town. We do not have a newspaper, but several towns over they do , being bigger than us, and in this newspaper they have something called " What the Police Did in the Way of Crime Stopping This Week " which I like to read to keep up on all the " news" . I thought I might share with you the lead story.

" a call was made to the Police asking that they come and remove a dead squirrel from the sidewalk. When the officer responded, it was found that it was not a dead squirrel but a tuft of dried grass which had been dislodged while shoveling"

Hello????????????

Ok, two questions spring to my mind. One, who calls the POLICE to remove a dead squirrel from your sidewalk???? I mean, a shovel? A plastic bag? Even here don't the police have more pressing matters to attend to? And Two, if you were so far removed from dealing with daily life that you DID need to call the police to remove a dead squirrel from your sidewalk, wouldn't you first make SURE that what you had was indeed a dead squirrel and not a TUFT OF GRASS???????

Country Mouse.

( I believe Malena is still laughing about this. LA girl finds my life pretty amusing sometimes )

I am off in a couple of hours to play my first gig alone with Paul. ( At Charlie's in Stillwater, I think I mentioned it !! ) I think it is going to be lot of fun, and very amusing for both performers and audience. We have some ideas and some new songs and tho Paul doesn't know it yet ( hopefully he won't read this blog ) he has a new Celtic Bouzouki that I just bought for him for Xmas.

Wish us luck!!!!

Love and LIGHT,
Lorraine

14 Comments:

At 12:40 PM , Blogger Kitty Cat said...

i won't go into how it is sunny & 80* today here in LA.

and yes, i think the mini-photo of mistress Lolo
is beautiful, because i think the girl herself is stunning.

just heard i don't have to do the last leg of Crue
so i am equal parts happy & sad. i have already done this plenty of the last year, so it is time for the new
guard. looks like Tool. that is going to be a doozy.
anyway, what it means, i will be here while Lo comes to visit.
this makes me happy happy happy kitty.
now, miss Malena, please inform me of the next cat & fiddle meeting!!
xoxox ladies & gents.
your faithful Kitten
ps lots of new tour photos up on my webpage, under photo gallery...

 
At 3:54 PM , Blogger ivenotime said...

..love the crime report, what a hoot! Now I see your new pic Lorraine and it is indeed lovely. Wonder why it wouldn't show up on the previous post..ugh, computers..Good luck and have fun tonight, but what is a Celtic bouzikis (sp?)

I used to visit my grandparents in a tiny town in the U.P., which sounds much like your town. I have only been back as an adult about 3 or 4 times over the last 20 years, and still I'm recognized as a Rasanen girl, pretty cool (great pasties up there too)

Please spread some sunshine here.....

 
At 4:36 PM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

Kitty! You are home and you havne't called me! SHAME on you! Yes, we must go to the Cat and Fiddle. As for the city mouse thing, by now you would think that 4 police cars full of cops siming their guns at someone wouldn't phase me..but it does. It still does. WHen I go see Lorraine I still ask funny q's like, "Aren't you going to lock that door?" or " We need to pull the shades, someone might see me undress" completely forgetting there isn't any neighbors for MILES.

 
At 5:21 PM , Blogger Olga Nunes said...

The squirrel bit made me giggle out loud... and I always wondered if there was some news source that would tell me why there were helicopters hovering over my house *this* time...

 
At 6:20 PM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

I have nothing relevant to add, except that I registered for Balticon today. Woot!

 
At 8:47 PM , Blogger Malena said...

Mink! How funny. DId they come? We had alot of wind and rain damage to our house. I called the fire dept. to tell them there was a LIVE WIRE just hanging outside the house. NOt to mention the 150 lb. branch with wire wrapped inside. The guy said,
"Well, we've had about 500 calls today just like yours so, if you house catches on fire, call us. Otherwise, wait for the Power company. Good luck and stay inside"
Haaaaaaaaaaa! That's when I put a tea light between my bra and read the Sandman in the dark.

 
At 8:48 PM , Blogger Malena said...

Yeah Dan. Can't wait to meet you at Balticon. I'll bring your white gown.

 
At 9:17 PM , Blogger invincor said...

I've got that beat. Check out this River Falls story from a few weeks ago:
http://www.riverfallsjournal.com/main.asp?Search=1&ArticleID=15313&SectionID=3&SubSectionID=83&S=1

 
At 10:01 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

Invincor, I can't seem to get that link to work.

 
At 6:57 AM , Blogger vandaluna said...

Dan Guy: YEAH!!! I can't wait to meecha!!! What a wunnerful party it shall be!!!

Are you going to wear your corset too? ;-)

Luvvies,
vanda

 
At 9:06 AM , Blogger Kitty Cat said...

oh mistress of the woodland hills darkness,
forgive me not calling, had the dread sick, and didn't want to give it to princess beannie.
getting better, though.
i love the crime-dock of wisc. Love it! here the state bird is the &*%#^$ lapd crime-copter... flying overhead as i type.
thought the Lolo was coming here so i rearranged plans to do things in los angeles, while now it turns out she is there, lonely-style. early Feb for a snow-in, my queen?
ps Mal, i love that the only word in full caps is MILES,
even when it is not about mister gorgeous!! true romance, 'tis.

 
At 11:07 AM , Blogger invincor said...

That's the right link... just be sure to use the whole thing and remove any spaces that cutting and pasting from here might cause.

 
At 5:04 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

vandaluna :: I may need a corset after this past holiday! hehehe (Not really, the missus and I have a new diet + exercise regime.)

Can't wait to check out this white gown, since my parents gave all my dresses to Goodwill.

 
At 12:56 PM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

Dan,
What is this I hear about your gowns going to good will! OMG dude! That's a sin against glam people everywhere. We must fix this fashion disaster and quick.
LaM MUST be invited to WEVA. If not, photos MUST be sent to our gmail account. lorraineamalena@gmail.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home