Thursday, December 29, 2005

Fred: Life #6 and Counting

You will all be glad to know that Fred, the Unlucky Black Cat is back and alive and well. Mostly well. He got bit by somthing on his leg it seems, and it started to abcess. He has some drugs and is hobbleing around just fine now.

Hopefully , wiser, tho I doubt it. Lisa Snellings told me again how much she adores Fred , and I have offered to bring him out with me for her when I come in January. He wants to be with her. I am sure of it.

I am glad you are all so chatty lately, as I am sitting here in the country waiting to be snowed in. Snow and rain are coming, and I think noone will be going anywhere tomorrow. If it snows more than it rains, then I shall be skiing again before you know it.

It was funny today, we are waiting for a Winter Storm of ice and snow, and the radio reports were all about how it is going to RAIN in southern California starting tomorrow or the next day. This was MN Public Radio with the complete report. We don't blink an eye at the Winter Storm coming our way , but RAIN in the land of Sunshine??? Now that's news......

I am off for dinner and a DVD, and I hope your evenings are as relaxed and wonderful,

Love and cats,
Lorraine

8 Comments:

At 8:21 PM , Blogger vandaluna said...

appleblossombeck:
I REALLY love the invertebrate house. I love octopii. I went to the U of MD and would skip class to go draw them. Make sure you stop by, they are wonderful!!

Luvvies,
Vanda

 
At 8:58 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

Any big cats in the Zoo?

Glad to hear that Fred is recovering. Kitty pain is very hard to tolerate, in any form.

Good luck on the snow... we have no snow where I am. It really has been unseasonally warm... one of the warmest x-mases on record. It was almost 16 degrees celsius in some parts of BC on xmas. The rain and wind are out in force today though. Went traveling up Vancouver Island to the ski hill today (half-birding), just to see it... lots of snow there.

L, what are you watching on DVD? and was it any good?

 
At 1:38 AM , Blogger K said...

We had snow yesterday (just a thin covering) and ice on the streets. It was seriously cold, although I'm sure -2 degrees C is nothing to some of you people...

Today? Rain which is somehow not really melting the snow, just turning it to slippery slush. I'd actually prefer more snow because This Is Yuck. (OK, I'll stop moaning. I'm sure I really don't know from snow.)

I might manage to send you a Christmas photo tonight...

 
At 4:29 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

Yay for recovering cats! I'm sure Fred was valiantly defending you from the nightly beasties. Ms. Snellings could use such a guardian, I'm sure.

 
At 6:23 AM , Blogger ivenotime said...

The snow is coming today for a white New Year's eve - tho we just stay home and play games and watch movies. What's everyone else doing? Hope all have fun and that 2006 brings us all good things. Glad that Fred is on the mend, hmmm, wonder how Gurtie would feel with a "buddy"? Might spur her to new heights of loving behavior! As for the zoo I love the pandas, it's the black and white of them that endears them to me, tho I admit that octopii are awfully cool as well. (lucky vanda getting to sketch there!!) On a past topic, thank you Malena for posting the diet notes! Happy New Year to all!

 
At 2:01 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

Yes, but it is always the now. ;)

Let's see it is unseasonably warm here, like we broke a 100 year record high on Tuesday. It was 85. This does not make me happy. I like it to be cold when it's supposed to be cold, and hot when it's supposed to be hot. This has also been the 10th driest year on record. The previous year (2004) was the 2nd wettest. Maybe some of the wet stuff you're getting, Lorraine, will be here next week. Our local weatherman did say something about a change in the weather pattern starting Tuesday.
Here's to hoping the neighbors don't set off fireworks, and set the area on fire.
Happy New Year, and Green Moon to everybody else!

 
At 4:17 PM , Blogger mistress mousey said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I generally love living in a place where there are no seasons. There's just "kinda wet and cool" or "dry and cool". Only thing that makes weather news in SF is when the sun is actually shining and WARM in my neighborhood.

Yay for Fred!

 
At 12:35 AM , Blogger kali_licious said...

Good to hear that Fred is still getting around.:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home