Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Boxes of Love , Bugs and Unlucky cats



Hello all again! What a Holiday Season, I can't believe how busy and , uh, interesting it has been. Got the Current Cold and so didn't get to have my Party on Christmas Day, it was the sort of cold where all one does is lie in bed and drink tea for three days , sleeping when not sipping. But all is better, or mostly so now, and I am catching up and getting ready for New Years and some real fun!

First off, some sad-ish news, altho knowing Fred all may yet be well. Yes, Fred the Unlucky Black Cat is once again at the vet. I tossed him out last night ( not literally ) for spraying the heating vent ( I have the MOST tolerant Housekeeper on the Planet, truly! ) and I told him he could jolly well stay outside. And then he came home this morning unable to walk on one leg. It looked pretty, uh, crooked. Here's hoping he still has a life or two. I think this is only 6.

And now for happier news....Malena sent me the most wonderful Box , which incuded one of the sweetest things ever, she has been making a scrapbook for me all year and saving things for it, a truly wonderful thing, and yes, I cried. It made me laugh, too, this scrapbook, as I have been saving e-mails all year, from the first time I wrote to her, until our cd came out, and I made them into a book for her, complete with intro. Share a brain or what???? Two stories of the first year, one in photos and one in words.

There were also all sorts of trinkets, in my Box from Malena. A fairy house made from a rock, and Indian earrings and of course, Malena Bath Salts, without which my life would not be complete. I , for my part, as you can see, sent her BUGS, lots and lots of Spiders, ( in Skull Stockings of course ) . I have been buying Spiders on Ebay a little at a time for months now. As she says, you can never have to many.

So , onto New Years and other Fun. It looks as tho I am playing at Kierran's in Minneapolis with the Tim Malloy's, which ought to be a LOT of serious New Years Fun. Big Sexy ( John Sjogren ) is truly the Spirit of New Years and his outfit may surpass mine! ( not that I know what mine is going to BE yet, either my feather top Malena made me or a corset or something else. There. I have narrowed it down. ) Come on down if you are in town, great food, fine drinks and , some excellent music!!!!!

If you would like a little calmer fun, Paul and I are playing at Charlie's in Stillwater on January 6th and 7th from 7:30 to 11:30. Now, this is the first time we will be playing as a duo, and we have some ideas , and need to try them out on a test audience. It will be entertaining, that I can promise, so if you live in the area ( or can afford plane fare , hee-hee ) hope to see you there.

On the 9th then, I am off to the Land of Sunshine again.

Which makes me happy.

Happy All, to All,
Lorraine

14 Comments:

At 1:32 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

I'm glad you're feeling better! Being sick is never any fun, but somehow at Christmas it's just worse.

Have fun playing this weekend, and next weekend!

 
At 1:33 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

P. S. Why is the bunny cutting the poor little tree? ::big, wide-eyed blink...blink::

 
At 5:56 PM , Blogger ravyn said...

hey, on the 9th, *i'm* going to Palm Springs to visit with Lisa for a week..... maybe we should get together....?

 
At 6:57 PM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

One soul in two incarnations?

 
At 7:41 PM , Blogger vandaluna said...

Awww Ravyn, you and Lisa should come to Boston where I will be. ::snicker::

 
At 10:49 PM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

yes dan guy! For sure. L and I are so alike. So, who is coming to balticon. I am so excited to see lorraine next week. wehooooooooo we'll have another webcam party of course.

 
At 10:50 PM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

http://psychicdiet.com/secret.html

diet notes for you

 
At 12:17 AM , Blogger kali_licious said...

Thanks for posting the diet info Malena.:) Reading it made me wonder if you've ever heard about the work of Masaru Emoto?

 
At 8:26 AM , Blogger vandaluna said...

My daughter, Alchemy, and I will be at Balticon! It is just amazing how well this whole thing is coming together from just a spark of an idea. It is almost like some sort of harmonic convergence. I'm so looking forward to meeting everyone and especially Lisa who I've been talking to for so long on the net now.

It will be awesome!!

Luvvies,
vanda

 
At 8:54 AM , Blogger lisa said...

Please give Fred lots of kisses for me. He kept me warm and cozy every night during my visit.
He's such a sweetie! Well, when he wasn't trying to suffocate me.

big hugs!

 
At 11:24 AM , Blogger mistress mousey said...

(shakes head) Poor unlucky Fred. Hope he's doing better!

-squeaks, who also has a cat who likes to suffocate me

 
At 3:43 PM , Blogger invincor said...

Any idea if it was another bully cat that got Fred again or did he just fall or something?
I've called him a Time Lord before, but at this pace he'll be David Tennant before you know it. :)

 
At 1:47 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

Alas, I will not be at Balticon; however, should you ever make it to Aggiecon I shall make plans to be there. :)

 
At 3:39 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

I will be at Balticon. How could I possibly resist?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home