Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Off to see the TEVES family

In the land of Jelly Beans and sourdough there lives a sweet little TEVES family. On every wall there hangs artwork from every stage of Miles career...from his first dinosaur painting at age 6 to his darkness bust at age 19,,, and so on. Mr. TEVES is very much like his son Miles. They have the same handwriting and the same angelic disposition. Mrs. TEVES and I use the same vocabulary (everything is CUTE and DARLING)and we both love craft fairs. We get along like two peas in a pod. How picturesque! For me, going home with Miles for the holidays is like getting out of a time machine set for the idelic 1950's. (Or what I imagined that time to be) Instead of being glued to the computer and a tight corset, we start out day with oatmeal pancakes and good conversation then move on to big tasks like walking around San Fransisco and visiting with friends. I so look forward to this time of year with the TEVES family. They are what every girl wants to marry into...kindness, acceptance and silliness.

While Lorraine is skiing and being good, I will be longing for chocolate as I walk past the Ghirardelli factory. he hee. I have instructed Lorraine to call me when she opens her present. In fact, she should take a picture of it and post it on the blog. I will do the same if you don't mind seeing me half asleep in my spongebob jammies. We want to see all of your holiday cheer this season, so be sure to take lots of photos for us. And if I don't post for a while, it's because I've O.D'd on garlic in little italy and wore the wrong shoes while walking in San Fran.

Happy Holidays EVERYONE! LaM loves you!!!
Mrs. TEVES
...God I love the sound of that. We've been married for a while now and the name still rings in my head like heaven's bells.

16 Comments:

At 1:47 PM , Blogger mistress mousey said...

Aww crud. You're in SF while I'm on my way out the door to southern CA. Take care of my city for me while I'm away, and have a wonderful holiday!

 
At 3:51 PM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

oh pooh! I was just thinking of asking you to meet us for some Thai food. How long are you going to be in LA? Maybe we could meet up here and go shopping for goth baby clothes. wehoooo

 
At 4:36 PM , Blogger ravyn said...

ohhhhhhhhhhh the Ghirardelli factory.... the hubby brought me back some Ghirardelli truffles last time he was in SF.... oh man, what a crime it is that you can't buy their stuff off their own web site!!! WAH!

Happy Holidays everyone, i hope you all have a great one!

 
At 5:26 PM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

I married into a great family too. I look forward to seeing them this weekend. ^_^ We have a Russel Stover's factory down the street from us. Yay for present pics!

 
At 7:06 PM , Blogger mistress mousey said...

Hey, I've got no complaints about my inlaws except that they're too damned far away (mostly in Ms. Fab's neck o' the woods, actually).

Plans for out-of-townage consist of hanging with family in Anza Borrego (2 hours East of San Diego) until the 26th, by which time I'll be going through kitty withdrawals and speeding like mad on I-5 so I can watch a furball lazily attack string. How long are you planning on being in SF?

Ravyn - email me with your address and next time I'm near Ghirardelli I'll see what I can do about snagging you some truffles. (urk, hope the email link works)

 
At 7:07 PM , Blogger mistress mousey said...

fine... stupid html. email addy is:
favourite_stalker at snafu dawt org

 
At 9:45 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

Add me to the list of people with great in-laws. We don't get to see them much as they are in the greater Seattle area, and we're in Central Texas. We did manage to see them a couple of months ago. I love to visit the area, but I can't live there; not enough sunshine in the winter.
Well....I suppose I could live there, I'd just have to be on medication all the time.

I didn't think Mr. Teves could have been very old when "Legend" came out. I hadn't been out of college for more than a year, myself. But 19 is still really young, especially then! :)

 
At 1:44 AM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

We'll be in San Fran till tuesday I think. We'll miss our pigdogbatfrogs too. Oh yes, this blog will have many fine christmas morning photos. Do you hear that Lorraine? You are NOT exempt from this comment. So get clicking!

 
At 12:33 PM , Blogger ivenotime said...

Holiday blessings, safe travel to all who post here!! My twins are home, my husband home from Virginia (lives and works there) so we are a full household again with lotsa food and fun. I had wonderful inlaws, sadly all parents are gone. Enjoy, as we never know what tomorrow brings, on our holiday dinners we always have an empty place setting with candle to honor all those who've left our lives.

 
At 8:07 AM , Blogger K said...

How does one pronounce TEVES? I've just realised I've been saying it in my head as "Teevs" all this time, and probably that's not it at all.

And I love "kindness, acceptance and silliness". Perfect.

 
At 5:43 PM , Blogger vandaluna said...

Ravyn and I like to call eachother when we send packages through the mail. I got a call from her today. The boots fit! YEA!!

I really want to visit SF. From everything I've heard it seems to be awesome.

And the myth of the monster-in-law is alive and well. I have a certifiable lunatic as a MIL.

I'm so happy for you Mrs. TEVES...that you are still so crazy about your husband. That's wonderful. :-)

 
At 8:24 AM , Blogger Derek Ash said...

Quotable Neil has had a few special Holiday entires over the last few days, the last of which has been "Three Wise Women", which includes quotes from Tori Amos, Lisa Snellings-Clark, and The Fabulous Lorraine with some holiday cheer.

(Malena, I haven't forgotten you, promise... you'll have your 'Quotable' day soon, I promise)

 
At 8:21 PM , Blogger Kitty Cat said...

hey all the L'ammies,
sending a big wish for glitter dust to accumulate around you in the new year. wishing you all health & happiness, love & understanding. May you all walk your paths with ease & purpose.
I miss Lolo & Malena, and haven't talked to you in too long.
xoxoxo your girl Kitty

 
At 5:53 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

Merry Christmas and Best Wishes (a wee late, I know) to all the people on this blog but especially to LaM cause they have brought more joy than I can express to this last year.
Thank You

xoxo K

 
At 10:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » »

 
At 5:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. »

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home