Sunday, December 11, 2005

Snazzy Evening Mrs. Teves





Well, Lorraine got a healthy dose of Malena living tonight. First we went to a fancy little swaray in the hills. We thought we would be singing a FEW songs and be home by 9. Well, THAT DIDN'T happen! Lorraine turned on her charm and the audience started singing along. We slipped in a few LaM songs when no one was looking. Wellll Tango is hard to miss but hey! We had a blast. I think we sang every Christmas song known to man at least twice. I doubt they will ever hear a more seductive version of Winter Wonderland. Lorraine was phenomenal on the guitar. No one believed she learned the songs 4 days before the gig, not to mention she is really a violinist.

So, to make a gig story short, we played off and on all night. We got home at around 10 just in time for the Alter Ego shoot. Lorraine played photo assistant. WOW! What a difference! We were finished in half the time. Lorraine always finds it funny watching me work. One minute I'm slouching saying "Oh dude...." then the camera turns on a BAM! It's the wanna be Wonder Woman standing up straight and looking sassy. I still feel like the same dork though.

Now we're winding down to the smell of fresh baked brownies. My bean and her friend are our junior bakers. To bad I'll have to wait until tomorrow to eat one.

Well, I guess Nocturna should retire. Mr. Gorgeous is taking LaM to Santa Barbara tomorrow. I simply must show her the territory ahead store (Miles fav) and Scavenge (my fav store for fishnets). One can never have too many variations of fish nets. I ripped a hole in a pair and wore them as a shirt at CONvergence this year.

Not to worry, Rainbow Brite will be up and the crack on dawn to tell you about her adventures in Hollyweird. I'll be morphing out of my bat like form to return to the living shortly after that....around, say 1?

9 Comments:

At 8:25 AM , Blogger ravyn said...

wow! Spam is getting ever more sophisticated!

 
At 10:27 AM , Blogger vandaluna said...

Spam and sophisticated are a contradiction in terms. Ravyn, how many times do I have to bitch slap you?

 
At 10:44 AM , Blogger Kitty Cat said...

hi darlings
am so happy to read the report of last night's success!
and knew it would be so.
have a great time in SB, and i will see you tomorrow.
love & fishnets,
Kitty

 
At 11:58 AM , Blogger ravyn said...

Luna,

Just *once* more.

With feeling!

**giggle**

 
At 12:18 PM , Blogger mistress mousey said...

Oh eek. Now I've got the Buffy musical episode in my head... actually, that's not so bad. :)

You know, sometimes I read the LaM blog to my husband. He's sometimes amused by the Minnesota end of things (where he's from) and sometimes amused by corsets and curves, and other times he's even interested in music speak (okay, it's more like I'm interested in his response to the music speak - because it reminds him of some of his band days). This time I think I'll skip it. Somehow I suspect when I get to this line:
I think he just wanted to see me in a corset snapping a whip and saying, "play it right boy!"
I'll just lose him entirely for the day. ;)

Yay for fun in the sun and SHOPPING! And so glad you had fun at the singalong.

And photo shoots are ALWAYS better with friend/assistants along. They go faster, and gigglier (unless the giggling is frowned upon, in which case you need a new photographer).

Cheers!

 
At 6:03 PM , Blogger ravyn said...

is the web-cam-thingie still on for tonight?

 
At 8:43 PM , Blogger Kitty Cat said...

damn spammers!
how do we get rid of em?
xoxxooxxoo see you tomorrow, call me!

 
At 9:05 PM , Blogger ravyn said...

For Lisa's blog, i turned on the "word verification" tool, where you can comment (anonymously if you want), but you have to type in a code that comes up before you can post your comment. That seems to have done the trick for her blog....

 
At 1:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Laptop bags review Order generic tenuate prescription pill on line bulk email Email marketing membership Consumer reports stop smoking aids allergy buyers club http://www.bbw-7.info/I-m-gay.html

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home