Sunday, December 04, 2005

Girls and Guitars

I am having great fun this weekend getting to spend time with both Kelli Bickman and the lovely Lisa Snellings, two people I never get to see enough of. I'll get Malena ( another person I never get to see enough of, hee-hee ) to post the links to their sites, if you don't already know their work, you need to.

Lisa will be at Baltic Con with us, and says that she will be coming to the Goddess Corset Party, in a corset of course. Her first , I believe. This is going to be some serious fun. I myself have serious doubts about ME coming in a corset. Malena and Kitty are on the Fast/diet from Health and Heavan , and getting slim and beautiful, while my poor diet has degenerated into the Anti-fast . ( IE I eat everything in site! ) Arggghh! Winter is just NOT a time for eating right and getting out. It's the eat comfort food and sleep time.

I am going to spend the rest of today working on the Songs for this Strange Party Malena has booked us at. She has talked me into Xmas Music, and a lot of other stuff too. It's me on the guitar which is a LITTLE scary. I have played guitar in public exactly once, and was meant to do three songs, but abandoned it after one and read an essay instead. I can certainly play the thing, but it's not like getting up with my violin, which for me is easy.

Fortunately for all concerned at this gig , our Malena can SING. Really sing. Which means all I have to do is back her up. Nice , easy gentle backing up on the guitar with hot, sultry, sexy ,siren vocals belting out over the top. I can do this. I am sure I can do this.

( No, I am not sure if I am trying to convince you or myself of this , hee-hee )

The only other thing I now need to do for it is figure out what the heck I am wearing. Again, fortunately for all concerned, Malena owns any number of evening gowns and will look STUNNING, so all I have to do , again, is back her up.

( oh I am funny today, it's that Lisa Snellings women's influence, I am sure of it )

Love and guitars,
Lorraine

16 Comments:

At 10:51 AM , Blogger ravyn said...

Lorraine, make sure you get some photos taken of everyone! :-D

 
At 10:51 AM , Blogger ravyn said...

oh including you of course!

 
At 6:18 PM , Blogger mistress mousey said...

Weird (to me, anyway) that Kelli Bickman keeps popping up everywhere - as I just chose her photography as work to emulate in my photo design class. No sooner had I turned in my assignment (with no one in the class having heard of her) than the class started investigating her online and praising her mightily, and then Neil mentions her site on his journal, and now you're talking about hanging out with her (for which I am mightily jealous).

I'm not even sure this is a "world is shrinking" phenomenon.

And you'll look fabulous whatever you wear - it's all in the attitude. :)

 
At 8:10 PM , Blogger Kitty Cat said...

Lorraine, you are called Fabulous for so many reasons.
winter IS hibernation time when it is -1 degrees out.
here in CA, we are at about 59* low!
mistressmousey is dead right on, you are so amazing, don't worry about silly outer coverings. the light in your eyes is all you will ever need and you ladies are going to have a stunning show. The goddesses come to earth for a duet. just breathe and believe.
ps Mal, i already cheated on my fast. oop. will try again tomorrow. not terrible, but see Lolo? we all do it.

 
At 8:33 PM , Blogger Stardustgirl said...

It's hibernation time here as well, though I find I don't want to eat. Just sleep to get away from the cold. At least we still are holding onto 2-digits in our weather temp, but there are icicles dangling from the bird feeders baffles.

 
At 8:52 PM , Blogger ivenotime said...

We aren't near as cold as you due to the lake effect, but snow, snow, snow, and did I mention snow? Just a foot or two...with grey skies....so of course - eat leftover birthday cake,while reading about cleansing fasts! and we don't even want to discuss the previous evening! oh well, begin again tomorrow - Yay Kitty for honesty!!!! tomorrow I will try harder too! Hope everyone had a fun weekend - and Lor/Mal I am sure your xmas gig will be great!

 
At 12:37 AM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

Don't worry Meow Meow, I am on my 4th day of "only fruits and veggies". I forgot and had a nutter butter cookie. We do what we can. And this cleanse/diet is more for my health than to diminish the size of my bum. After all, I will always be curvy. Lorraine has enough confidence for both of us. (Don't let her fool you!)
Get her on stage, and BAM! Deva on fire.

 
At 12:43 AM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

My baby bean is getting her hair braided. She has more hair than I do! So far it's taken 24 hours, and we have 8 more to go tomorrow. Thankfully, our friend/hairdresser comes to our house. I'm busy doing christmas shopping. WHICH I HATE! I always want to give everyone everything. I wish I could send everyone corsets and chocolate. Don't worry, we'll get LOTS Of photos. I wish I could wear a red velvet santa's helper suit. But, it's not that kind of party. I'm having a christmas party at my house though. I'm going to make carmel popcorn..the works.
I must meet Kelli and Lisa! I feel left out. Lorraine and I are so busy we rarely get enought time to talk to each other, let alone everyone else. But, that's what BLOGS are for! Yeah for LaMies.

 
At 1:17 AM , Blogger K said...

I used to do my sister's hair in those little braids. Her hair was hip-length at the time (and thick and wavy and shiny - it's good hair). It took FOREVER, so I feel for your friend/hairdresser. But I'm sure Baby Bean will look fabby when she's done.

I totally agree about hibernation time. I'm at work and although not too cold it isn't even light yet and I'm still asleep... Moan.

 
At 1:18 PM , Blogger vandaluna said...

You better wear a corset too!

 
At 1:29 PM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

don't I always dahhling?

 
At 9:05 PM , Blogger ravyn said...

i suspect she was talking to Lorraine, since she seems to be doubting that she will wear a corset at Balticon.

Of course i'm sure you won't let her get away with that, **grin**. Hell i'm neither slim nor svelte, but, the right corset can be very flattering...

hmmmm... i've bid on one to wear at Balticon myself ;-)

 
At 11:34 AM , Blogger ravyn said...

i hear you're in trouble, hehe. And i admit i ratted you out to Lisa **giggle** oh oh i said RATTED!

She'll be wearing a corset don't worry. And so will you ;-)

 
At 12:21 PM , Blogger mistress mousey said...

Oh man... I am never whining about taking 18 hours to do my hair into extensions again! (okay, maybe a little, but I won't be as full-hearted about it as I used to be)

Yes, the green hair took 18 hours. Yes, it was worth it. No, I won't ever be doing that to myself on purpose ever again (besides - it was HEAVY).

 
At 4:36 PM , Blogger ravyn said...

**tries to look penitent, but fails**

When i read your post, i could not resist teasing Lisa about it.... i am evil, wicked nasty Zoot....

As it happens, i've found a mango-something that you might like, i'm just waiting for it to arrive.

And, as a chocolate fiend myself, i can provide you with a tasty and varied supply for Balticon.... including some Jet chocolate bars that my relatives bring me whenever they visit from Colombia!

 
At 8:00 PM , Blogger vandaluna said...

Don't forgive Ravyn...keep her dangling. **snicker**

But DAMN dem Jet bars are delicious! Oooh, and Hershey's has a new 60% dark chocolate out that is actually quite tasty!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home