Saturday, November 26, 2005

Gigs of Thanksgiving

This has been a really wonderful week. Thanksgiving was fine, actually Thanksgiving Eve, Wednesday night, the club was packed. I hadn't thought of that , I went in thinking it would be mellow , kind of a rehersal, but , no , wall to wall people.

The rest of the nights have been every bit as fun, we are having a blast, Johnny, Mullie and I. We have been calling ourselves " Fabulous Lorraine and Her Little Irish Leprechauns " I could do this more often. I can't remember when I have had more fun in a band.

( no, I meant EXCEPT for Malena, of course!!!!! )

One girl offered us $30 for every Johnny Cash song we could play, and went off to the ATM to make good on it. ( for $30 a song, my CAT will go up and pull out some Johnny Cash )

Someone else came up and gave me a 4-leaf clover and told me he loved my music.

Another girl said she had a bet on and if she could go up and strum the guitar for a moment, she would win two shots. ( she won them, but I am unsure she NEEDED them, hee-hee )

Fitz from Keirran's, Paul from FU and a harmonica player whose name I can never remember all sat in at various times.

The music has been very very cool. Johnny on guitar, and Mullie alternating between guitar and bass. I have learned I like playing Beatles songs. ( Let It Be is maigc. I never knew that before ) I have learned Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson go over great in Irish Bars. I have learned that U2 is a blast to play accousticly.

Tonight is the last night, which from a sleeping point of view is a Really Really Good Thing. I keep waking up early in the morning, even when I don't get to sleep before 4 or so, but even tho I am pretty tired, I will miss this gig. Hope it happens again soon.

What else? I am pretty brain dead gig head zombie-ish tonight and I have to leave for the club very shortly...Oh, I hadn't actually known myself that Malena could both wear white and go out in the sun, as we see from her picture, she never does that around ME, makes me wonder what else the girl can do.

I think I'll stick around and find out.

Love and music,
Lorraine

1 Comments:

At 6:41 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

It sounds like a great atmosphere. Have fun. I wish I were there. Glad to hear you have had such a great week.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home