Thursday, November 24, 2005

I am thankful





This year has past so quickly for me. Lorraine and I accomplished a lot in 12 months. We met, formed a band, decided on songs, hired musicians and artists and became best friends ALL over the phone...Basically. (We have been blessed to see each other about once a month. Yeah!)
As I was saying, I have a lot to be thankful for. For this one day I won't worry about how countries are being fed "democracy" at gun point, how Arnold is planning to pull the plug on school funding, how hurricane victims are suffering with no food, how governments are being overthrown by men who were once allies, and so on and so forth. Today, I will think of how I can make a positive effect on this planet by my words and deeds. All I have to give is my talents and my values. I always hope they will influence someone in a positive way.

It has been so fun to write back and forth to all of you. Blogging has made it apparent to me there are many like minded people in the world who WANT to share their light with us. We thank you for that. This project has been so revitalization for me. I am constantly thinking of new things to make and do. Books, CD's, etc. Lorraine is the grounded one out of the two of us. I say,
"Hey, let's do a video in the graveyard where we turn into banshees and float into the night sky!" Then she says,
"Well, in order to make that happen we need X, Y, and Z. Let's start with X Malena."
And together we get it done.

There are no puffed up egos in this band. That's why we get a lot done in a short time. Everyone works together, knowing their strengths and weaknesses. The studio was seamless, and from what I hear that is a rarity. h eeeeh heee

So, while you're all gorging yourselves with turkey and cheesecake, remember how good you've really got it. Stop to tell everyone you love how special they are to you and how you couldn't live without them. Then, eat some leftovers, type us a message and tell us how it all went.

I love you all
Malena

8 Comments:

At 5:16 PM , Blogger ivenotime said...

What a sweet entry! Though I am so stuffed I don't think a leftover could possibly even fit and I am desperately fighting the desire for a nap. It's been a mixed bag of a year for us here, some great highs and some devastating lows, but we are here together healthy and whole. It was a thankful thanksgiving. I hope yours went well, and as we approach the start of the holiday season and the new year, may the best of this year be the worst of the next for us all!

 
At 1:51 AM , Blogger K said...

Um, I went to work, then the gym, came home and had butterbeans and ratatouille for tea and helped my boyfriend write a letter.

That wasn't what you meant, was it?

But I'm feeling quite thankful anyway. This past year, I've found out what I want to do for a living, got fit, started writing again. The boy got his Master's degree (with distinction - I am SO proud of him, and am going to his graduation in a couple of weeks) and a real job, and moved up here to be with me. And he is well just now, having had a bad time with depression. And we both have lovely families whom we get on with. So I feel I have a lot to be thankful for.

Malena! You're wearing white and sitting in direct sunlight! You mean you CAN? (hee hee hee)

 
At 10:16 AM , Blogger Stardustgirl said...

I'm thankful that it was the dishwasher and microwave that had the mutual suicide pact (they died with a month of one another) and not the microwave and oven because then we'd be looking at the fireplace to cook dinner, and it's really not set up for that. :-) I didn't stuff. I don't like feeling stuffed, so I had dinner in the afternoon and pie around 10-ish after doing work online stuff.

I'm thankful my creaky, bony, skinny, vintage dog was able to stand up and walk out of his house and enjoy the Thanksgiving-Dinner-In-A-Can they gave him from the pet store. I suspect he's thankful for that as well.. it looked like people food. I didn't sample to find out if it tasted like people food, though. Hee!

 
At 1:09 PM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

K
Well, it weakens my powers, but helps in convincing people I'm really a human. Mwwwaaaa ha ha haaaaaaa!

 
At 1:16 PM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

I decided to go easy on the cooking. I too, have to watch my weight. I managed to eat a little pie after dinner and one for breakfast (after eating my turkey) Protein first! hehee
Being with Miles and my daughter was the best ever.
Thanksgiving is just a day. I am learning to celebrate with people not food.

We missed Lorraine terribly. She's coming out on the 9th of December! Yeah. We are planning on the corset conference on the 30th if any of you want to join in. Lorraine and I will be on separate computers this time though. Hmmmmmm wonder how that will work. I want to do a make-over via webcam. I should ask my friend Beth if she's game.

 
At 8:16 PM , Blogger Kitty Cat said...

am in portland with the magical chef miss nancye & her man william. we had a beautiful dinner with lots of friends and their family, my old friend Nicola from Scotland and her two kids & husband- so great and the weather here is wet & cold like real winter, so different from LA's sunny &70*....am reminded of all the things to be thankful for, there are so many....!
oh i love the make over idea. love it!
can i get one? oh please? will be home on the 1st, so will be able to see the country mouse. yay!

 
At 7:04 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

(I know it is a little late but) HAPPY THANKSGIVING (the strange part is that this is from a Canadian who already had her Thanksgiving months ago)

I am very glad that you have had a good year! I am always thankful, at least, I try to be thankful everyday. Thankful to the universe that I was given another day, another opportunity to enjoy life (I am not neccessarily successful at being thankful every day but I suppose I enjoy at least a part of every day so I should be thankful). Even on a day like today when I got called into work on my day off, with no voice (thanks to a flu that has progressed into laryngitis), to e-mail people, print paper and Answer the Telephone!!!... even today I am thankful... Grateful that I can post here and THANK YOU for the splendid Lorraine a Malena CD that you've made. It has made my last month great.

So, Thank You!

Thanx for the music, that and the personal contact over the net have made my month.... and continue to bring a smile to my face. Daily.

Best wishes for the year ahead.

 
At 8:33 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

I'm thankful for every bit of living and loving.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home