Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Bada boom Bond




Sideshow just sent us the life size Darkness bust Miles sculpted. We now have this evil monsterosity sitting on our living room table. Boy, the fundamentalist neighbors will have something to talk about now. hee heee

Mimi Ko is at my house today talking about a "Bond Girl" photoshoot. Like I'm gonna say no to that, right? We are picking out clothing and talking about locations. Today is a weird day. Lorraine has come down with the flu. So, she's out of commission for a few days. It's so weird not to have my phone ring ten times! As you know, this band is geographically challenged, so we do everything on the phone. I've been talking to Lorraine about doing some cover songs for the next album. "If You Want Blood" by ACDC is ringing in my head. There's something very seductive about a screaming-kick ass-no holds barred-rocker song. I've always wanted to jump off the stage and crowd surf. (Lorraine will read this and worry if I've gone mad!) Actually, it's a little late to wonder, don't you think?

I'm talking to Miss Fabulous on the phone right now and she says, "Cough cough sputter choke...I'll be back soon everyone"

Of course, I'm not helping much by talking about guts and gore while she is nauseated. Living in this house makes me immune to being grossed out by scary things. I can talk about brain surgery while eating spagetti no problem.


BTW, if you haven't already, check out the fairy movie on our links. It's diva-rific.
Love and Darkness,
Malena

11 Comments:

At 5:51 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

the other K here, (I think I should now be posting under the name "rubius") What a great bust!! and I am not talking about the bond shoot... but that sounds terrifically fun too. I loved the movie Legend so I am terribly jealous because Darkness is one of the best villians ever and the soundtrack CD from Legend is gorgeous and ranks as one of the most relaxing in my music collection (as a side note - I thought Darkness would match up with the Black Queen in Mirrormask to make the perfect couple). Glad to hear you are keeping the neighbors busy (fundamentalists should always be kept busy off the streets). Any crowd you surfed on would be very lucky! And last, but certainly not least, here's wishing Lorraine a quick and painless recovery.

 
At 6:09 PM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

Thank you. I pretend to be the dark queen in this house. (Dark doesn't represent evil at the Teves house. Here, everything is dark.) I can't wait to see Mirror Mask. Can you believe I haven't seen it! IT's a CRIME!

 
At 6:35 PM , Blogger Rubius said...

I truly enjoyed Mirrormask, it had just come out (up here in Vancouver) on Oct 28th so I saw it as a special treat for Halloween. I was dressed as a cat that day (for the fun of it) and I saw a troup of 3 of the Endless at the show but unfortunately the company who brought the movie here did NOT start advertising it until last week so nobody knew about it and attendance has been down. (actually I've seen it twice now though - tee hee)

 
At 11:42 PM , Blogger kali_licious said...

That bust is gorgeous. Too bad I have a rather clumsy feline..;)

Long-time lurker here, first time posting.:) Hope Ms. Lorraine is feeling better, and that Ms. Malena is having fun playing Bond Girl.:)

 
At 2:37 AM , Blogger K said...

Get better soon, Lorraine! And I can sympathise about being easily nauseated as I am like that even when I don't have flu. (And my brother is a medical student. This is not a good combo).

Pretty, pretty shoes, Malena! I'm coveting the Rocker boots, although I'm not sure how to find out whether they'd fit my chunky calves... but they're very cute.

 
At 6:11 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

Nice bust! And the Darkness sculture is very cool too. (*rimshot*)

Get well soon, Lorraine!!

I eagerly await the next album. A "screaming-kick ass-no holds barred-rocker song" would be a delight.

 
At 8:37 AM , Blogger Stardustgirl said...

Alas, no MirrorMask here either. Fandango gives me

"Sorry, this movie is not currently playing in or near the location you have selected.
Please enter a different location."


I'd looovve to enter a different location - physically. One that is warmer, and has MirrorMask playing. Earlier the sony website claimed it would be here 11/4, but apparently they were just teasing me. How cruel.

Lorraine - best thoughts for a speedy recovery from the icky flu.

 
At 2:26 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

"A Knock on the Duir" is wonder full. Thank you. :)

Hope Lorraine feels better soon!

 
At 2:54 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh. My. God. You are the perfect Bond girl. What a frickin awesome idea. Mimi rules.

 
At 10:28 PM , Blogger Maure said...

I so agree with adriana -- mimi is just magnificent. Give her a huge hug from me, please! I would lurve to see the photos she does with you.

 
At 10:16 AM , Blogger mistress mousey said...

Yay Mimi! (hee hee, our thingie-plan to get Mimi doing all the photo shoots of our lovely worshipped friends is slowly working.) Mimi good. Mimi photos good. Everyone is happy. And Malena as Bond girl... priceless. :)

And good heavens, woman - get thee to a theatre to see MirrorMask!

Feel better Ms. Fabulous.

Hugs all around!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home