Wednesday, November 09, 2005

More Malloys Gigs This Weekend!

I had SO much fun last night playing with the Tim Malloys! Those guys are so very good and I am finally starting to feel like I know the songs well enough to actually add something. It is wild playing with them , as I have done the songs, many of them, and know them, but the style is so different, and the key will be different that I spend the whole night learning and working and it is all seeming to come together.

Adam, whom I respect more than almost any other player going, said last night , after the gig, that he thought I had everything a fiddle player needed and I was wonderful and great to play with.

WOW! Thinks I, that is high praise! Thanks, I stammer....

Yes, he said, you stay out of the way, know when not to play, and you have a GREAT RACK!

Back to earth.

( those guys have mouths as foul as smokey peat whisky and hearts of angels , this was truly a compliment, and he meant the first two in the best possible way and was kidding on the last )

They have asked me to play with them Thursday , Friday and Saturday at Kieran's in Minneapolis, 9-1, this week and yes, of course, I have said yes. So, please, do come down and hang out, I will be there staying out of the way, and knowing when not to play. ( uh, yes, my " rack " will be there as well, hee-hee )

It was really lovely too hearing from all the Malloys fans who are loveing MIRROR MIRROR, many many thanks for telling me how much you liked the cd, it means so much!

I got a new cell phone yesterday, and it is a lovely thing, but it seems my phone book is not on my SIM card, only on the old phone memory, and the old phone seems to think it does not have bluetooth and will not talk to my new phone. Any ideas on how to get my phone # list over to the new one? You can enter #'s on the SIM card on the old phone, but not simply transfer them to it. I have a lot of #'s and would rather not re-enter them all.

I am going out for walk now, but between the wind , which seems bent on blowing everything , including houses and trees down, and the hunters, I may not get very far. Might be better to stay inseide and explore these Prius websites, and dream lovely thoghts about this new school girl skirt I am hearing of from Malena. ( I thought we were getting matching Green with Celtic knotwork corsets for St Pats Day, but , hey, I am up for anything! )

( easy access skirt indeed!!!!!! Between her and the Malloys.....)

Love and Leather, Lorraine

8 Comments:

At 3:01 PM , Blogger Kitty Cat said...

yes, you do have a great rack.
tim curry lookalike? exceeeeeeeelllent, smithers.

 
At 5:00 PM , Blogger ivenotime said...

yup, you and me both Issy - I am seriously jealous of the fun to be had in Minn/St. Paul, and really, really, really miss dancing and carousing. There's precious little fun this year, so 2006 will have to make up for it! Maybe I'll have to ask Malena....

 
At 1:49 AM , Blogger K said...

Hey Lorraine! Your Boss sends his love and hopes that the new car/spaceship is still working.

I had a lovely time last night - the reading was fantastic and I am now the happy possessor of four signed books and the impression that Mr Gaiman is a complete hoot.

(I'll be writing about the reading at my book blog, kicking_k, later today, if anyone's interested.)

The gig sounds fantastic. As do your bandmates (cheeky monkeys though they be...)

 
At 1:51 AM , Blogger K said...

That link didn't work, did it? It's www.livejournal/users/kicking_k . Now I feel like a spammer...

 
At 6:22 AM , Blogger ravyn said...

Excellent, K! i'm glad you had a good time at the signing!

(i've addded you to my LiveJournal friend's list, so you better get writing about it soon! ;-)

 
At 10:33 AM , Blogger Stardustgirl said...

Darn it... I wish your -apolis were closer to my -apolis instead of the 9 or 10 hour jaunt that it is. I'd love to see all this band fun.

Suggestion for the cell phone thing: take both to the place you got them (assuming it's a cell phone shop) and have the tech person do a brain transfer. I've had that done with all of mine. They know the magical process of moving all the info over (plus they have tech toys I lack) and may be able to do that for you.

 
At 4:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP free pics of real huge boobs Computer book discount Transvestite home page outfits full+firm+huge+boobs Cholesteral lowering drug zocor 1954 chevrolet truck cheap calling plans north carolina Appliances burlington state international scholarships graduate study Huge shehe cock cunt penetration Big big fat ass women patents inventions Ats crazies sizzling amateurs huge big big free boobs divorce form Hot girls big breasts suck dick

 
At 7:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home