Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Bauhaus and Workouts

I went to town last night with Chris the Fop to see Bauhaus, ah, a blast from the past. (pulling up to a show in a shiny new black Prius wih your date, who happens to be a large gay man who looks like Tim Curry is a MIGHTY fine evening , felt like the coolest thing going I did!) I had a great time and it is always nice to see Bauhaus, but I was a little dissapointed this time around with them. They played an hour and a half set, including encores, but a huge part of my liking for Bauhaus is Peter Murphy's voice and the lyrics, neither of which you could hear. Very muddy . And the music wasn't enough with them to keep me excited. The crowd didn't hate them , but there was a lack of , hmmm...Frenzy? The last three songs got people going, being the standard last three they do, Telegram Sam, Ziggy and Bela, but for the rest of the night, not even the band seemed real into it, tho it is hard to tell with them, but not a lot of running around, no stage set, and NO LONG BLACK CAPES!

(what is Bauhaus with out capes? Lorraine a' Malena with out corsets?)

Lesson, if you are going to forgo the capes, your music had better be HOT!

They did have a little for the tour only EP which I played on the way home and thought: These guys can still rock! And isn't it nice when you can hear the vocals?????

Ok, I'll stop or you will get another few pages of me whinning at Sherpa about my monitor mix for the show tonight, hee-hee.....

I have been sliding lately with my eating right and working out ideals, and had a long talk with Malena about it this morning. When I get so busy and do so many gigs I tend to grab food on the run and think of the gig as a workout. Neither of which make for a getting fitter Lorraine. I went back and spent some time on Malena's website which is a very good place for inspiration and then went to the store and bought All The Good Food they had. Enough, I say with the laziness, this Wild and Wonderful Corset Convention is happening in six months and I am going to be fit for it.

( I know there will be other equally important bits to this Con, wonderful guests, much talk about literature, mighty fine music and such, but it is wearing the corset that is making me nervous. )

I don't seem to have a middle ground. Either I am eating really well and losing weight and getting fit, or I am on the Hell In A Bucket Plan, so now it is back to the gym, folks, for this girl!!!!!

Actually , I am going out and buying a Hunter Orange Vest to wear for the next couple of weeks, it being the country and hunting season here, and me liking long walks on back country roads, we shall forgo fashion ( and capes ) for safety.

Wish me Luck! If music be the food of love, play on! ( not sure how that fits, but it seemed inspiring! )

Music and Food, Lorraine

9 Comments:

At 7:00 PM , Blogger Stardustgirl said...

I'm trying to catch up on your blog since I went to WFC Mac-less (Ye Olde Powerbook died, and I may or may not be able to resurrect him. It's on the "to do" list) All the various usernames on different blogs is challenging, and I Just realized I know "d" from mention of the weeping teapot.

I was snoopygirlatmacdotcom on the chat in case you didn't realize. I have a friend with a Yahoo mailing list and that seemed to be the only address it liked. It hated my domain and used to bounce. Go figure. Then I've had to use yet a 3rd name on Blogger to sign in, though I just let it use my real name with posts since it's less confusing. At least I *think* it is. :P

Fabulous - glad you liked the mango candle. :-) It just seemed like they must've been thinking of you when making those. And congrats on the new car. Unlike you, I *do* get lost everywhere and finally found a nav unit for my vintage car. I made it up to WFC and back without being a road hazard by trying to read paper directions and driving at the same time. Unlike installing one in new cars that have computer brains, this one required the use of a magic wand waved over the tires (I kid you not) before it would work correctly.

I saw a lovely corset-back coat at WFC. And a rabbit with a glass of scotch. I wish you two had been playing there; it would've been the icing on the cake (your cd was playing in the green room so you were there in spirit/technology anyway). With all this corset conversation, maybe a hunter-orange corset may be in order for those long backroads walks. That would *really* get the hunter's attention.

 
At 7:35 PM , Blogger ivenotime said...

You are more courageous than I - I never have the courage to walk my woods during rifle season, and put my dogs on leashes during it. One of my neighbors had a rifle shot ricochet into his house, so the home doesn't even feel safe! Be careful! It is a good time to start being rigorous about diet and exercise, I have stepped up the pace too cuz the holidays are just deadly for me- one long snackfest from thanksgiving thru new year's eve, this year I am determined not to put on weight during it. DETERMINED.
On another note, congrats to your expected little one Miss Mousey!! We must have pictures!

 
At 10:30 PM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

Did I hear corset back coat? Yeah! I wish we were there. HOw cool that our CD was played. Maureen, sorry to hear about your powerbook dying. Computers can be a blessing and a curse.
I broke down and ate some chocolate raisins today. It takes about 2-3 weeks to get into a routine with eating and walking, etc. After that it gets easier. I've had to FIGHT to stay thin all my life. No free calories for Malena. BTW, if any of you want me to send you my diet notes, just send me an email.
To: malena@malenateves.com
SUBJECT: Psychic Diet

(Exclusive to the LaMies of course. Everyone else pays for the info) We can all work on our healthy LIFESTYLES together. Don't diet for a short term goal of weight loss. Instead, change your eating habits slowly for the long term. Add fruits and veggies first before you remove foods you already enjoy. That way, your body won't notice as much as if you suddenly eat only salad.

 
At 4:51 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

Hi Maureen! I figured that was you sending Fabulous the candle. My next round of care packages go to you, gothicpat, and my kids' fairy geekmother.

If I'd known I was actually going to *use* this blogger account I'd have given it a more recognizable name.

And, to make this comment at least partially on-topic, this morning I was horrified to discover that comfort was dictating letting my belt out a hole. Blah. Too much stealing the kids' candy. I resolve to eat better and with greater healthmindedness! I certainly need it, as I have a bit of a lingering cough/lethargy thing going on this week and it's totally killing my NaNoWriMo flow.

 
At 4:55 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

What do you know, you can change your display name. Hehehe.

-- once "d", now "Dan Guy".

 
At 7:09 AM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

great photo Dan Guy!

 
At 11:31 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

I did it by clicking on my own name and then the "Edit Your Profile" button.

Malena :: Glad you like it! It gets a bit squished on the comments page but you can see Eben in all of his glory on my profile page.

 
At 2:53 PM , Blogger Stardustgirl said...

Malena: yes, you did hear corset-back coat. I believe it was Maria Alexander who had it on. It was lovely, with a flare to it below the corset part. I'm going to try to resurrect the powerbook, as it is one of the old black (and curvy!) styles and much more pleasant to handle than the newer, more cold and clinical styles.

DanGuy: squee! on care packages :-) And I was going to tell you that you could change your username but you figured that out already (no surprise there given your techno-talent)

 
At 11:01 AM , Blogger Maria Alexander said...

Do you mean THE Maria Alexander?

;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home