Sunday, November 06, 2005

Cars and Corsets

Many thanks to everyone for the wonderful comments and e-mails about the cd! I am so very glad you are liking it! We are already very excited about the next one, which will be out for St Pats, complete with new pics from Miss Kitty. It will be an EP this time with only four or five songs, the ones that didn't make it onto this cd , due to lack of space, but it ought to be fun.

And also many thanks for the gifties! The mango candle from Maureen and the whole pack of things from the nice young man whose names sadly, escapes me, but which did include a Rainbow Brite Watch!!!! ( who knew?? )

This has been a really busy week. Came back from LA, missing being with Malena, I do truly expect her at any moment to be here....It is truly hard to be apart. Sigh.

The nicest thing tho was coming back to find a new car waiting for me! One of the perks of my job is that it comes with a car, and every so often my Boss says we need to trade in for something newer, and this time , most likely due to the fact that gas prices have doubled and I am going back and forth from country to city many times a week, he decided on a Toyota Prius.

This is beyond the coolest car ever. It does get amazing milage, being a hybrid, and it looks like something out of the " how to look cool in a car " manual. It is a total sci-fi car, it even has no key! You walk up to it and it unlocks and push a button and there you have it. I am having way way to much fun with it.....

The aforementioned Boss if off in the UK on tour now, which I expect is going quite well for him. One woud think things might quite down here a little....Part of my busy week was making certain that all went well. And it will.

It has been suggested that Malena do an entire corset panel at Baltic Con in May. Why do I see attendence tripleing? ( Malena , corsets, my Boss , Gene Wolfe AND Lisa Snellings????? The world may rock yet )

What else? Gigs this week are going fine, loved seeing everyone at Charlies these last two nights. Stephanies daughter, whose name is very like mine, I THINK Laurel , gave me a much needed bandaid, complete with Skull and Crossbones. I know I called her the coolest 14 year old going, but just found out she is only 12. Which makes her even cooler. ( a 12 year old who carries Skull Bandaids??? We need this girl! )

Tonight is a benifit concert down at the Liffy and then back home for a much needed saunna.

Can't wait for the next online Talk/webcam thing. Let us know if the time is going to work out for most of you ( Sorry K!!!! ) Darn time zones! Paul , my bandmate in Folk UnderGround, is very much looking forward to being a part of this one , and he WILL be wearing his demon mask he says.....( if we wear corsets, have Paula adn the Birdchick are making comments, this will NOT be a dull time, folks! )

Ok, I am off for the Liffy...

Love and music, Lorraine


12 Comments:

At 5:17 PM , Blogger ivenotime said...

It's on my calendar! Barring my puppy having diarrhea in his crate during the wee hours of the morning I should be able to make it to 9!! It was a ghastly start to Halloween, and hopefully will NOT be repeated. Lorraine, Congrats on your new car - what is the mileage on those? Very cool indeed, what a great perk! Malena, getting to model all of those corsets... after all that, you deserved the cheeseburger! Or at least a halloween chocolate.

 
At 8:18 PM , Blogger invincor said...

re: the new car
I've heard that the hybrids make most of their fuel savings by using the electric engine in "city" traffic, and that when you're actually driving long distances out on a highway, the gas engine is running all the time and your mileage isn't much better than a good-mileage ordinary compact car's would be. I'd be curious to hear what your real experience with it will turn out to be. (I've a Dodge Neon myself, gets me about 31-32 mph)
- Steve Manfred, River Falls, WI

 
At 9:03 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

Welllll.....I may not make it on the 30th. It's a Wednesday, and I'm usually belly dancing (ATS) at that time. So, how long do you keep the chat room open?
Lorraine - I'm glad you like your new car. :) You can check to see if GasBuddy.com covers your state. It will tell you where the cheapest gas prices are in your area (by zip code). All prices are posted by registered users of the site, though you DON'T have to register to use their site. I use texasgasprices.com, but that won't help you much....unless you're in Texas. ;)
Malena - Have you tried any of the various veggie patties? I like Morningstar Farms. You could even wrap it in a lettuce leaf and avoid bread.

 
At 1:57 AM , Blogger K said...

OK. Just to clarify, there are now two Ks commenting here!

I am the Scottish one who's been around for a while (but not this weekend). The one who commented on your last post, who has just bought your CD and is on Pacific time, is somebody else.

It's my fault for choosing such a short username - this happened over at Slaughterhouse as well (and I don't think it was the same K, so there are at least 3...) My name is Kirsten. Maybe I ought to start using it!

I've just checked up, and when it's 9pm in the Twin Cities, it's 3am in Britain. Night owl that I am, I might make it to the start of the party...

I will see your Boss on Wednesday, Lorraine!

Love,
Kirsten

 
At 7:23 AM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

I've been interested in being Vegan for a while. I'd love some tips. I don't eat meat unless it is vegan fed and free range anyway. I'll try the veggie burgers. I always feel guilty when I see those cows standing there with no room to roam, being fed dead cow parts, and shot up with drugs. I'll try morning star. Thanks!

 
At 7:43 AM , Blogger Rubius said...

Thanks for clearing that up. (I should probably use a longer name too.) Nice to meet you Kirsten, I am Kristina. Sorry everyone for the confusion.

 
At 8:09 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

I can't wait for the con in May! That is quite a line-up. It will be nice to have all of you in my backyard, even if it does run the risk of creating a vortex of cool that implodes and sucks everything else into it.

I've been driving a Prius for almost two years and loving it. It's a very fun car.

I thought about trying to take the Rainbow Brite watch out of the packaging, make a few modifications to make her more Fabulous, and then seal it back in the packaging but I've never been very good with paints so I decided it was best left unmarred.

I'm glad the care package made it. I wanted to show my appreciation for your kindness and assistance.

 
At 11:05 AM , Blogger ravyn said...

K (Scottish K :-) - Does that mean that now that we're on standard time in the US, that you're only 4 hours ahead of the Eastern time zone? (and, as an aside, how are your Balticon plans coming along **wink**)

d - may i ask where your "backyard" is? i'm just curious to see how close the "locals" are to me (Frederick, MD). We're getting into the programming stages of con planning now, things are beginning to take shape!

 
At 11:33 AM , Blogger mistress mousey said...

I will do my best to make it for the next chattymagig - though at the rate I've been passing out for the night (and napping, and sleeping for 10-12 hours), I make no promises.

Just to reiterate, upon the 5th listen, the CD is even more wonderful. :)

And pooh. I was thinking about going to BaltiCon (though I had no clue how to afford it), but current circumstances are suggesting it will be a definite no. Probably just as well - going to a corsetting panel at 8 months of pregnancy will probably get me to crying that I'll never fit into any of mine again.

And yay for new car fun!

 
At 2:41 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

Appleblossombeck and Malena - I don't think I've had a Boca burger, though I have had a Gardenburger, and Morningstar Farms is closer to a Gardenburger. It is not mushy, and has a good texture with chunks of veggies (carrots, celery, etc.) in the patties. There are several different flavors, including a spicy black bean burger. I think they taste pretty good, and we even have used them to get the girls (2 and 4) to sneak in some veggies. I'm pretty sure that Morningstar Farms is cheaper than the other brands mentioned. It's been awhile since I had one, so it's kind of hard to describe what it tastes like, though I can tell you they are spiced nicely and have a firm texture, though I wouldn't say they taste like meat.

Mistress Mousey - Congratulations! Enjoy your pregnancy! Wait 'til you get to actually hear the heartbeat the first time. :)

 
At 11:38 PM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

Mistress Mousey!!!
When you get closer to having the baby, I'll make a little goth outfit for her/him. Hope it's a girl! Wehoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Congrats dahhling!You must keep the LaMies posted. I'm working on a chat room just for us! More info to come on that!

 
At 5:33 AM , Blogger Dan Guy said...

ravyn: I'm in Stafford VA.

Mistress Mousey: [does a double take] [does a triple take] Congratulations!!!!! Woo!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home