Monday, October 24, 2005

Listening to Music in Parking Lots

I'm out here safe and sound and happy in LA now with Malena! This, is a Very Good Thing. Many thanks to Jody, our Sexy Librarian for the Very early morning drive to the airport yesterday ( and for listening to a fair amount of whinning about Boy Bands and Bars ) It was beyond wonderful to get off the plane and hand Malena the cd! ( I think she likes it )

I have it in my mind and plan to write of all our adventures out here this week, but this first installment may start off a little slow. I have been beyond busy and am very short of sleep , so we are more or less easing into things.

Last night we took off to buy a few Food Type things with the cd on Malenas Really Really cool car stereo and after we got out of the store, we sat for half of it in the parking lot listening and talking, until I started to laugh saying THIS is what I get to Blog about??? This is as far as we get in LA??? No Sunset Blvd, no Ocean Drive, no Mountain Vista?? Malena , says I , we are sitting in the grocery store parking lot!!!!

SO we did some driving, up a Hill and looked at lights and listened to our cd and were as happy as two girls with a brand new cd can be.

Today was more groceries and a LOT of lovely sleep. The cobwebs may be starting to unfold from my brain.....

More excited as things unfold, from here in the west.....

Love and Adventures, Lorraine

4 Comments:

At 2:16 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

::shrug:: I don't know.....I just spent extra time in my car with my daughters in the grocery store parking lot today listening to Mannheim Steamroller's "Halloween." Dancing like a madwoman in my seat, no less, and neither of the girls demanding to be let out. Granted, I don't have "Mirror, Mirror" yet, NOT that I'm complaining. (Really, I'm not.)

I mean, come on! It was "The Night on Bald Mountain" followed by "The Ride of the Valkyries." I also admit to air conducting. :)

 
At 2:20 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Car stereos are the best way to hear new albums, I always say, as long as you're not driving and you're somewhere dramatic, or schematic, or chromatic, or whatever. I want to see you ladies on Saturday at the bookstore but we are due elsewhere at a costume party soon after. We will do our best...
-Adriana

 
At 2:32 PM , Blogger ariandalen said...

Since I did asked for my copy to be signed, I wasn't expecting it to arrive before Saturday. I really wasn't complaining.

Re: Mannheim Steamroller
The "Halloween" album just begs to be played LOUD, but I have other ears than mine to worry about so I don't crank it up too much. And some of "Fresh Aire 7" has given me a headache in the past. I keep trying to get my husband to get me "Fresh Aire," "FA 4," and "FA 6" so my set will be complete.

And the current album that always brings me out of a bad mood -
Jethro Tull "Songs From the Wood."

 
At 7:33 PM , Blogger Fabulous Lorraine said...

Oh gads, I am sorry! This is what comes of trying to pack them all on four hours of sleep!!! Send us and e-mail and we will work something out...( Lorraine here )

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home